The Official "Legion" Season 1 Thread

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
NYCC: Jemaine Clement Joins The Cast Of LEGION; Jeph Loeb Suggests Marvel And Fox Are Building Bridges

The first half of FX's Legion pilot just screened at New York Comic-Con to a verypositive reaction, and Noah Hawley and Marvel TV boss Jeph Loeb were on hand to make a few very interesting announcements.

First, Hawley revealed that Jemaine Clement (What We Do in the Shadows, Flight of The Concords) will be joining the likes of Dan Stevens and Aubrey Plaza on the show, though he didn't reveal which character he'd be playing.

The bigger news, however, was Jeph Loeb stating that Marvel and Fox might be getting on the same page when it comes to the X-universe, and that Legion will definitely allude to the fact that Charles Xavier is David Haller's father. Does this mean we might finally see The X-Men and The Avengers in the same movie? That might be getting ahead of ourselves, but it's good to know that it's a possibility, at least.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Will FX’s ‘Legion’ Contain Connections To Other Marvel Projects?
Legion, the upcoming X-Men television series on FX, just had its big New York Comic-Con panel where they previewed the first half of the pilot which will air in 2017. During the panel, Jeph Loeb (Marvel TV president and executive producer) was asked whether this show has any potential to connect with other Marvel projects, aside from already existing in the X-Men Cinematic Universe.

Loeb wouldn’t make any promises, but he gave quite an intriguing answer to the question as he said the following, which was specifically about this show with other Marvel properties.

“The fact that I’m sitting here is an indication of bridges that are being made, and people like Lauren who are facilitating that and making that happen.”

And when he says “Lauren”, he refers to executive producer Lauren Shuler Donner, who has been involved with the X-Men films. She spoke about the show being in its own corner in the cinematic universe.

“For me, this is exactly what I wanted. It is far away from the X-Men movies, yet it still lives within that universe. The only way for the X-Men to keep continuing forward is to always be original and surprise each time out. This is really a surprise. This is very, very different.”

While no new trailer was released from the panel, you can check out the one from San Diego Comic-Con, in case you haven’t seen it.

Will FX's 'Legion' Contain Connections To Other Marvel Projects? - Heroic Hollywood

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
This has a lot of potential especially with the showrunner from Fargo running it. I'm glad they confirmed Legion is Professor X's son wonder how connected to the movies it'll be with Singer and Donner as the executive producers.

• Dap
Reactions: hex