The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
A couple things Joe said stood out to me. I'm wondering if part of the problem is Joe making money from the pod and using it to build the network which only benefits Joe.

They have to be asking just how much money the pod is bringing in overall if Joe is paying salaries to them as well as the other two pods while also spending all the money on Houstonbae, a personal chef, and a driver.

That would line up with Joe saying that the two of them don't see his vision. It would also explain Rory saying on STTI how building the podcast network isn't a passion of his which seemed like a random comment to throw out there.

I'm wondering if Rory and Mal feel that money that should be going into their pockets is being funneled into building the network and if they have any equity in the whole network at all.
He already said today he treats the network like he controls the block. All the money is being reinvested back into the JBN (production costs) in order to expand. Then hes gonna bring the network with 3-5 shows to a media company and ask for a Bill Simmons type deal.
I see the long term goal but its wrong to be doing all this flossing while your co-hosts gotta tough it out.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Budden drama sure gets the internet talking, it's pretty amazing how consistently it happens for somebody the statue of Joe who's far from household status.

You'd think by now he'd figure out a way to take advantage & manufacture some shyt and grow his revenue streams, but nah, it's the usual self-destruction of whatever he's involved in.

This creative shyt ain’t a sprint it’s a marathon. Ups and downs happen. None of this will matter 20 years from now when people go back and dig into the archives

Nobody is listening to this or any other podcast archive in 2041.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
He already said today he treats the network like he controls the block. All the money is being reinvested back into the JBN (production costs) in order to expand. Then hes gonna bring the network with 3-5 shows to a media company and ask for a Bill Simmons type deal.

That's fine and all, but he has to remember that the people around him gotta eat as well while he's working toward his long term vision.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
He took a dinner with Jay, and they had a conversation, some pertaining to his spotify situation. Jay validated his feelings, and that helped continue Joe's dumbass spotify rants while still being on spotify.

I agree, but joe does have money from outside the pod, like his network deals. The thing is he should be making sure his actual biggest money maker (the JBP) is taken care of before anything else.

If the podcast falls off the entire network falls off. It’s like TDE losing kendrick or Dreamville losing J cole.

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
He took a dinner with Jay, and they had a conversation, some pertaining to his spotify situation. Jay validated his feelings, and that helped continue Joe's dumbass spotify rants while still being on spotify.
Isn't this when Hov still had a huge chunk of Tidal... and Hov already had his stuff on Spotify at that point...:huhldup:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Well now they aren't at the pod, and the pod will fall to the wayside. Without Mal and Rory humanizing Joe, people wouldn't listen to him. I refused to listen until they made him a regular guy, not a fukking dikkhead with an unchecked ego. Pod losing to MDW now, and he has to deal with the sexual harassment shyt.

Have a meeting with Jay, and have him tell you that guy from Spotify is a dikkhead. Then, get gassed on your own supply because Rogan got the deal you think you deserve though you refuse to do ads or concede anything. Then watch Hov sell his streaming company and watch Tim and Swizz sell their business venture for you to scream in the void about ownership. Your company is worth what someone will pay you, not what the fukk you think you are worth.
What's MDW

904Lurker

R.I.P Young Dolph
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville,Fl
This creative shyt ain’t a sprint it’s a marathon. Ups and downs happen. None of this will matter 20 years from now when people go back and dig into the archives
Who is listening to a podcast 20 years from now? You nikkas are severely overrating this content shyt. No pertinent info is being given.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps

Rogan is sooooooo much bigger than Joe, it would take a decade for Joe to get there. It's just a disconnect from reality. The biggest fights have Joe on the mic
What's MDW

million dollars worth of game. They had number one on Apple last week.

Last edited:

EmojiFlame

All Star
Daps
aight why does the camera keep cutting to parks' dikk whenever he talks pause :dame:is this the new podcast future you joe supporters talk about :hubie::hhh::lolbron:

• Dap
Reactions: Rev