The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
A couple things Joe said stood out to me. I'm wondering if part of the problem is Joe making money from the pod and using it to build the network which only benefits Joe.

They have to be asking just how much money the pod is bringing in overall if Joe is paying salaries to them as well as the other two pods while also spending all the money on Houstonbae, a personal chef, and a driver.

That would line up with Joe saying that the two of them don't see his vision. It would also explain Rory saying on STTI how building the podcast network isn't a passion of his which seemed like a random comment to throw out there.

I'm wondering if Rory and Mal feel that money that should be going into their pockets is being funneled into building the network and if they have any equity in the whole network at all.
:dead: Joe is the dumbest man

he could’ve been using Spotify money to do all of this

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
This creative shyt ain’t a sprint it’s a marathon. Ups and downs happen. None of this will matter 20 years from now when people go back and dig into the archives
Nah creatives shouldn’t be steering the business. It takes different set of skill to manage a business

Joe is the talent and his problem is that he thinks he more than that

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
This was bound to happen. It ain’t the same. I haven’t listened in at least a month. I hope they can patch things up and get back out here.... Unless this is all promo which is entirely possible
If this is promo then it’s fukking corny and it’s something they would all joke about other people doing on the pod

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Yep, when Swizz/Tim sold VERZUZ to Triller and including everyone who participated in the deal, Joe's quote about getting that same call from Triller and hanging up was going to backfire.
Mal telling Joe he has no right to tell Rory to stay home brings it all together. Of course Joe has the right because Rory/Mal have NO ownership in the JBP. They can be fired.
this take kind of contradicts what Joe's been saying tho. he shouldn't be treating them like they're workers but wanting us to think they're partners and that he has their best interest at heart. that shyt can be mad confusing when you came in to this as friends

Nah creatives shouldn’t be steering the business. It takes different set of skill to manage a business

Joe is the talent and his problem is that he thinks he more than that
:dwillhuh: but patreon just gave him a title saying he's more than that

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Yep, when Swizz/Tim sold VERZUZ to Triller and including everyone who participated in the deal, Joe's quote about getting that same call from Triller and hanging up was going to backfire.
Mal telling Joe he has no right to tell Rory to stay home brings it all together. Of course Joe has the right because Rory/Mal have NO ownership in the JBP. They can be fired.
Well now they aren't at the pod, and the pod will fall to the wayside. Without Mal and Rory humanizing Joe, people wouldn't listen to him. I refused to listen until they made him a regular guy, not a fukking dikkhead with an unchecked ego. Pod losing to MDW now, and he has to deal with the sexual harassment shyt.

Have a meeting with Jay, and have him tell you that guy from Spotify is a dikkhead. Then, get gassed on your own supply because Rogan got the deal you think you deserve though you refuse to do ads or concede anything. Then watch Hov sell his streaming company and watch Tim and Swizz sell their business venture for you to scream in the void about ownership. Your company is worth what someone will pay you, not what the fukk you think you are worth.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
A couple things Joe said stood out to me. I'm wondering if part of the problem is Joe making money from the pod and using it to build the network which only benefits Joe.

They have to be asking just how much money the pod is bringing in overall if Joe is paying salaries to them as well as the other two pods while also spending all the money on Houstonbae, a personal chef, and a driver.

That would line up with Joe saying that the two of them don't see his vision. It would also explain Rory saying on STTI how building the podcast network isn't a passion of his which seemed like a random comment to throw out there.

I'm wondering if Rory and Mal feel that money that should be going into their pockets is being funneled into building the network and if they have any equity in the whole network at all.

I knew everything about their org structure based off the fact that Joe and Ian were doing all of the negotiations. They're all employees of Joe, and now the JBN. They've made Joe a household name...made Joe rich...and what do they have to show for it?

Parks is the smart one out of it all IMO - while he's a salaried employee of the JBN, he is still mixing and working on the side. Rory quit his job for the pod. We never knew what Mal did for a living. If anyone could withstand Joe's fukkery, it's Parks.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
For the past few years Buttons has been on a tirade against selling out, not it's looking like selling out was the move. :picard:

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
Well now they aren't at the pod, and the pod will fall to the wayside. Without Mal and Rory humanizing Joe, people wouldn't listen to him. I refused to listen until they made him a regular guy, not a fukking dikkhead with an unchecked ego. Pod losing to MDW now, and he has to deal with the sexual harassment shyt.

Have a meeting with Jay, and have him tell you that guy from Spotify is a dikkhead. Then, get gassed on your own supply because Rogan got the deal you think you deserve though you refuse to do ads or concede anything. Then watch Hov sell his streaming company and watch Tim and Swizz sell their business venture for you to scream in the void about ownership. Your company is worth what someone will pay you, not what the fukk you think you are worth.

Wait... he literally took the dinner with Jay-Z over the money?

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I knew everything about their org structure based off the fact that Joe and Ian were doing all of the negotiations. They're all employees of Joe, and now the JBN. They've made Joe a household name...made Joe rich...and what do they have to show for it?

Parks is the smart one out of it all IMO - while he's a salaried employee of the JBN, he is still mixing and working on the side. Rory quit his job for the pod. We never knew what Mal did for a living. If anyone could withstand Joe's fukkery, it's Parks.
Also they can’t lose Parks. If they lose Parks it’s really over period.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

So wait, the same thing joe accused kanye of doing during the 7 album roll out is the same thing he’s doing to the pod.:lupe: