The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Not surprised. I havent listened to an episode in over a month. Somebody's energy was off and it didn't sit right with me.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I'm dying at Joe saying he's created 9 successful ventures that changed the way business is done. This podcast for sure as it opened doors to Spotify. Everyday Struggle I'll give him. What are the others. He's claiming State of the Culture changed the way Revolt does business though? I'm curious in his reasoning in that. The Pull Up was just an interview show on Youtube and wasn't exactly ground breaking. This speaks to his ego running wild though.
he's gonna fukk around and say he practically successfully launched the old school Joe BuddenTV, Love & Hip Hop and Couples Therapy to be monster franchises

Last edited:

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I didn’t know Mal and Rory had stans until today. I’m shocked most of the post in this thread was complaints about Mal’s sports takes, him being too cool, his MAGA shyt and how he deal with women. I thought he was fukking terrible to be honest. I didn’t mind Rory but I don’t think nothing of value would be lost if he left because he really wasn’t the sharing type especially after all the drama with his fiancé, he just never got deep into stuff like that. But I respect his opinion on race and women. I thought he made good points to counter Mal’s logic. I’m still fukk with the show because I only listened for Joe I think he was funny and interesting one and them other nikkas was Adlibs.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I didn’t know Mal and Rory had stans until today. I’m shocked most of the post in this thread was complaints about Mal’s sports takes, him being too cool, his MAGA shyt and how he deal with women. I thought he was fukking terrible to be honest. I didn’t mind Rory but I don’t think nothing of value would be lost if he left because he really wasn’t the sharing type especially after all the drama with his fiancé, he just never got deep into stuff like that. But I respect his opinion on race and women. I thought he made good points to counter Mal’s logic. I’m still fukk with the show because I only listened for Joe I think he was funny and interesting one and them other nikkas was Adlibs.

You watch state of the culture or pull up? Those shows prove that joe alone can’t make everything entertaining.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
A couple things Joe said stood out to me. I'm wondering if part of the problem is Joe making money from the pod and using it to build the network which only benefits Joe.

They have to be asking just how much money the pod is bringing in overall if Joe is paying salaries to them as well as the other two pods while also spending all the money on Houstonbae, a personal chef, and a driver.

That would line up with Joe saying that the two of them don't see his vision. It would also explain Rory saying on STTI how building the podcast network isn't a passion of his which seemed like a random comment to throw out there.

I'm wondering if Rory and Mal feel that money that should be going into their pockets is being funneled into building the network and if they have any equity in the whole network at all.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
This was bound to happen. It ain’t the same. I haven’t listened in at least a month. I hope they can patch things up and get back out here.... Unless this is all promo which is entirely possible

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
personally if Mal and Rory are gone i dont really give a fukk

i was never a fan of Rory and Mal been trash for a while now

the pod will go on without them nikkas :yeshrug:

I think it comes down to Budden punting their chances at money that would change their lives. Even it were $1-2M after taxes and negotiations, that's a lot more than they had today. They're taking Ubers while Akademiks taunts them.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

Yep, when Swizz/Tim sold VERZUZ to Triller and including everyone who participated in the deal, Joe's quote about getting that same call from Triller and hanging up was going to backfire.
Mal telling Joe he has no right to tell Rory to stay home brings it all together. Of course Joe has the right because Rory/Mal have NO ownership in the JBP. They can be fired.