The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
:wow: people need to go back and watch those couple of episodes where they talk about the Spotify, watch a few minutes of those with the sound on mute and look at the body language or Rory and Mal , looks like the body language of the kids who really didn't want to skip school in H.S but did it anyway and then got caught. They wanted that Spotify money, future rights or not, more money than any of them were/are ever going to see.

:wow: bbbbut the coli told me something something ownership.

In the end joe is going to be fine, he will get some low level e-celebrity on there and continue on.
joe manager IAN used to manage papoose :francis:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I'm dying at Joe saying he's created 9 successful ventures that changed the way business is done. This podcast for sure as it opened doors to Spotify. Everyday Struggle I'll give him. What are the others. He's claiming State of the Culture changed the way Revolt does business though? I'm curious in his reasoning in that. The Pull Up was just an interview show on Youtube and wasn't exactly ground breaking. This speaks to his ego running wild though.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
it wasn't the ads (or at least i dont believe it was).

imo (for as little as it's worth) joe should have tucked his ego in and taken the spotify deal. i would even argue he could have taken it for a little less money, in exchange for a shorter renewal window and an operating budget to launch his own network. then recruited whatever names he could on spotify's dime (aka, go get akademics and some of these other youngins doing their thing) and built his infrastructure with a machine behind him. then went after joe rogan money.
That's because Joe isn't a real business man. He's a personality. This was the easiest lick and he fumbled it. Makes no sense. I think he def could have gotten like $30-$50 million from Spotify for 3-5 years. Turned that down to have to do more work for less money on Patreon.

Yup I remember that video. That's when I knew he drunk too much of that "ownership" Kool-Aid. Dude said they offered him so much money he was scared to take the deal. :laff:

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Joe said after Rory threatened to fight Joe and Joe felt Rory meant it, that Rory should chill for a few weeks.

I don’t know how people skip over that. Even Parks was saying Rorys energy was off cause his home life is in shambles. Then Rory tried to fire off on Joe. Bad move.

then Mal tried the “well I made y’all blow up cause of my perspective and Hov connection”...well that was 5 years ago and now Mal is on some dumbass hot take shyt and palling around with Trump.

I didn’t even mind Rory until the last few weeks but it’s obvious he has some problems and Joe wasn’t having it. Rory played himself and Mal thought he could pull a bigger move than he could.
Parks also said joe has a habit of throwing salt in open wounds, which was obvious when rory tried to speak on his personal issues and joe made him the butt of jokes. And coincidently that's exactly when the tension started between them, which is ironic because Joe acted confused when he said he tried talking to Rory about his personal life and got told it was none of his business.

That's what your skipping over.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I'm dying at Joe saying he's created 9 successful ventures that changed the way business is done. This podcast for sure as it opened doors to Spotify. Everyday Struggle I'll give him. What are the others. He's claiming State of the Culture changed the way Revolt does business though? I'm curious in his reasoning in that. The Pull Up was just an interview show on Youtube and wasn't exactly ground breaking. This speaks to his ego running wild though.

thought he said 9 shows.

I was struggling to think which shows

also i could easily name 100 rappers better than him