The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
I think Rory's quote about podcasting not being his passion is being taken out of context. He followed that up by saying he likes talking on the podcast but that building a podcasting network and all that isn't something he's interested in.

That's part of the problem. Joe's being a huge hypocrite with that. Joe is obsessed with having 100% ownership and letting his ego run out of control. These dudes all put in the work to help it grow. Joe should definitely get the lion's share of the money but it's nuts to not involve the other key players in decisions. It's happened in entertainment plenty of times where a star's ego goes out of control and they don't respect the people around them that contribute to the whole product only to lead to that star's falling off. It's like when these R&B artists get rid of the production team that blew them up because they know their own sound only to immediately fall off.

THere's a difference between a man hitting on a random woman compared to a boss hitting on a woman beneath them. Plus he called her bytch (jokingly but still shyt you can't do) on the podcast and then is on camera grinding against her when he went to give her a hug. Also made comments about how they need to dress sexier to attract a bigger audience and how they need some dikk in the room to keep them in line. This is all shyt we've seen on camera. Now imagine what was cut from the episode or going on behind the scenes.
The mal and Rory didn’t want to resign with Spotify either. Patreon is one thing, but even then Mal doesn’t participate in it if he doesn’t want to. So you tell me, what is he doing or controlling that’s not letting them eat?

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Would you prefer him to be fake like p diddy did his artist and say hey we’re all family. No them niccas work for him. Why is it a problem to make that clear.
Pre-Spotify Joe painted the picture that he included the guys in all the decisions. He mentioned bringing the Tidal offers and other offers to them and was happy they didn't want to go for the fast money. Now fast forward to Spotify coming to an end and now Joe talks about deals he turned down without consulting the guys at all and in many cases they found out when we did. So what changed in that relationship from them making decisions as a team to now Joe dictating to them? That's ego shyt. Joe went from treating them like people with equity in the podcast to being on an ego trip and treating them like employees. You don't think that would rub them the wrong way? Plus you can't be talking about being all for the creators while fukking over your own fellow creators and not giving them the same equity he constantly says these big companies fukk creators out of. You don't see the hypocrisy in that?

If your a fan of this podcast and you know the history of podcasting, how can say your a fan and also call him saying he important to podcasting bullshyt. Sounds more like a love to hate relationship.

I was saying him being for the creators was bullshyt. I was speaking on him talking about his importance to podcasting and the culture as evidence of his ego getting out of control. He's clearly important to podcasting and helped open the door with his Spotify deal. BUt they were no longer the end all be all of hiphop or black podcasts. Their growth had clearly stagnated as some of us pointed out which is why Spotify's offer wasn't bigger.

He was painting the picture that he wasn't accepting deals because it'll fukk the rest of the podcasters over when in reality he was trying to measure himself against the Rogans and the Bill Simmons of the podcasting world who are much larger than him. He tried to use racism and the creators card and any other angle he could to drum up support when in reality he just wasn't seeing the numbers he thought they should see because of Rogan's deal. HIs ego kept him from seeing things that were holding the pod back from getting that big bag he wanted. It's why you suddenly saw him try and create the JB Network to try and infuse life into the brand and an avenue to grow. He didn't see the issues until reality hit him that there was not these huge offers out there that he thought he'd get once he left Spotify.

It was all predictable.

And you're right. I went from being a huge Joe fan to now I can't stand him as his ego is making him completely unlikeable. He used to be able to laugh at himself and not take himself so serious but over the last year or so shyt changed. I barely listen to the pod now when before it was the first thing I did on Wednesday's and Saturdays. And I never would've even cared about all their business workings if they didn't bring it to the pod and make it such a large part of it for a while and if it didn't start affecting the chemistry of the finished product.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
The mal and Rory didn’t want to resign with Spotify either. Patreon is one thing, but even then Mal doesn’t participate in it if he doesn’t want to. So you tell me, what is he doing or controlling that’s not letting them eat?
We have no clue what they think. Of course they'll put on a united front for the audience but they've made multiple comments that make it seem they were unhappy with passing on that offer. At the very least I could see them having to at least want to negotiate with Spotify to change terms they didn't like which Joe refused to do.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
We have no clue what they think. Of course they'll put on a united front for the audience but they've made multiple comments that make it seem they were unhappy with passing on that offer. At the very least I could see them having to at least want to negotiate with Spotify to change terms they didn't like which Joe refused to do.
Yall really changing the narrative to only Joe wanted off Spotify :dahell:

They ALL wanted off. Spotify didn’t even give them their bonus and then they offered them watched and didn’t even get them that.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Y’all are too concerned with them peoples pockets.

y’all want Rory and mal to be mad at jo so bad over Money. Y’all want the “fumbled bag” as you say to cause a breakup.

y’all can’t imagine them actually not putting money over everything.
You act like people aren't allowed to be critical of shyt they are fans of.

I'm gonna bring the fact joe fukked the money up if it directly leads to a stark drop in quality of the podcast. Consumers of a product are allowed to do that.

I've been a fan of joe budden since mood muzik 2, been listening to the podcast since the beginning, subscribed to the Patreon. How you gonna tell me I'm just hating on these nikkas and hoping they fail?

You think I've been so invested in this nikka as a listener throughout the years just because I wanted to see him fail?

:mjtf:

Last edited:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
Savon seems like a nice big kid.

Joe and a revolving set of guests w/ Parks chiming in could easily work.
I've always felt Joe wants that "third heat" as the call it the entertainment analytics..which is a woman perfect for the pod.
so Budden actually knows Justin LABOY but doesn’t know how to pronounce his name :mindblown:

Justin laboy ain’t just a dude that’s funny on the internet he really is about to be a force in the culture

:huhldup:

904Lurker

R.I.P Young Dolph
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville,Fl
You act like people aren't allowed to be critical of shyt they are fans of.

I'm gonna bring the fact joe fukked the money up if it directly leads to a stark drop in quality of the podcast. Consumers of a product are allowed to do that.

I've been a fan of joe budden since mood muzik 2, been listening to the podcast since the beginning, subscribed to the Patreon. How you gonna tell me I'm just hating on these nikkas and hoping they fail?

You think I've been so invested in this nikka as a listener throughout the years just because I wanted to see him fail?

:mjtf:
You know we live in the dikk riding era now and if you critique anything you're a hater. Smh

Daps

I've always felt Joe wants that "third heat" as the call it the entertainment analytics..which is a woman perfect for the pod.

Brigette Kelly aside from her own pod should guest on here atleast once a month. The female perspective adds a different dynamic to Joe.

even having rosa for 10 minutes last week brought a dif energy that had been lacking.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

You must be triggered about the stuff from that gets reposted

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Hold up I ain’t listened to the pod in a min now

Rory and mal leaving the pod ?

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Hold up I ain’t listened to the pod in a min now

Rory and mal leaving the pod ?
we don't know.

They weren't on the sat pod, and joe says he'll tell us what's up on the patreon soon.

people have been speculating they might bne leaving due to unhappiness. The reddit pointed out that Mal doesn't list the JBP on his twitter profile anymore and has sub tweets that could be interpreted as going at joe.