The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I'd love to see Mal try to do his own pod... And Rory has made it clear podding isn't really his thing. I guess this is their "stand" but I don't see any leverage either of them have.

I enjoy the pod and hope it can get back on track, but it's been off all 2021. It started off as a fun listen now it's all big business talk a majority of the time. This latest one was a nice change of pace

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
That’s called sexual harassment.

I didn't say it wasn't sexual harassment. Dan's specifically said lawsuit

as far as I know, no lawsuit has been filed. Liv's supposedly scared to be blackballed, if we're to believe someone who claims to be related to/close to her.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is probably a work but just in case it real, IMO a lot of Joe's rants about leaving Spotify because of equity and ownership has kinda backfired the last few weeks starting with their hero selling Tidal and his liquor brand then more importantly Tim/Swizz selling VERZUZ to Triller. Joe confirmed that Triller pretty much told him to name his price for the podcast and Joe turned it down without Rory/Mal/Parks knowing. Compare that to Tim/Swizz selling VERZUZ to that same Triller and making sure everyone who participated in VERZUZ got ownership in it and thus a piece of the sale. I doubt Rory/Mal/Parks have any ownership in the JBN or the podcast and got to be feeling someway with what Tim/Swizz did in a similar situation. With that being said this still more than likely a work.

:sadcam:

Yeah I’m not showing up to work either

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
For y’all to be fans of this show, y’all damn sure praying on its downfall hard.
To me it's just frustrating when the show is falling off due to self inflicted bullshyt on Joe's part. I really wanted them to win, but the shyt is just hard to listen to with Joe constantly fumbling the bag at everyone else's expense.

They've basically done a complete 180 on basically everything since the Spotify deal fell through, and joe wants people to believe that it was Spotify's fault when it was really all on him.

Last year joe was talking about how he'd never have sponsors on his podcast because he felt like it would ruin the integrity of the show, only to start shouting out cash app and begging for other sponsors to invest. He was literally bragging about how they could all be making 20k each a month but he didn't need it, and you could tell that no one else agreed with that decision when he said it.

He was talking about how triller hit him up with the biggest offer he ever had but turned it down due to his bullshyt idea of wanting "ownership" in the company, and the other members reacted like they didn't even know thoses talks were being had.

It's like he's fukked everyone else out of money because he had it in his head that he could secure a 9 figure check for himself simply because that's what joe rogan got when he's not even close to being on Rogan's level and was against the type of deal Rogan signed.

Joe has said that he's already rich so the only people really hurting from all these missed opportunities and fukk ups are the people around him.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
It’s literally Joe’s podcast. It’s gonna move forward with or without Mal and Rory. Y’all invested on what deals Joe takes but Rory and Mal arent owners of the podcast. They’re merely employees.

On top of that, they all felt disrespected from Spotify and wanted to move on. Don’t make it seem like Joe was the only one who wanted to do that just bc there’s turmoil now.

GhostMan

All Star
Daps
Sounds like the money isn't getting divided appropriately or not at all since they moved to Patreon. When Rory was a guest on See the Thing Is podcast, he mentioned how hard it is to pod with someone you don't like. I wonder who he was referring to. He has dropped hints for awhile that he isn't happy with the whole situation. The podcast has Joe's name on it so he feels he should get most of the money like he should. You can't run your mouth about how important ownership is but leave the people who helped you build your company out of owning a fair share of it. Joe is all talk but that is what makes him money.

Last edited:

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
To me it's just frustrating when the show is falling off due to self inflicted bullshyt on Joe's part. I really wanted them to win, but the shyt is just hard to listen to with Joe constantly fumbling the bag at everyone else's expense.

They've basically done a complete 180 on basically everything since the Spotify deal fell through, and joe wants people to believe that it was Spotify's fault when it was really all on him.

Last year joe was talking about how he'd never have sponsors on his podcast because he felt like it would ruin the integrity of the show, only to start shouting out cash app and begging for other sponsors to invest. He was literally bragging about how they could all be making 20k each a month but he didn't need it, and you could tell that no one else agreed with that decision when he said it.

He was talking about how triller hit him up with the biggest offer he ever had but turned it down due to his bullshyt idea of wanting "ownership" in the company, and the other members reacted like they didn't even know thoses talks were being had.

It's like he's fukked everyone else out of money because he had it in his head that he could secure a 9 figure check for himself simply because that's what joe rogan got when he's not even close to being on Rogan's level and was against the type of deal Rogan signed.

Joe has said that he's already rich so the only people really hurting from all these missed opportunities and fukk ups are the people around him.
Y’all are too concerned with them peoples pockets.

y’all want Rory and mal to be mad at jo so bad over Money. Y’all want the “fumbled bag” as you say to cause a breakup.

y’all can’t imagine them actually not putting money over everything.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
True.

Its weird, though. I think Joe attracts hating ass "I told you so!" bum nikkas because he is one himself.

:pachaha:

Strange dichotomy going on.
Chit is weird. People wanting their favorite chit to implode so they can talk about it on the internet snd then won’t be able to listen.

In here making up complete narratives that they have zero evidence of.

Oh mal put up a tweet about respect he mad. Umm you mean mal they talk about respect and integrity on every damn episode. :skip:

joe definitely got people emotionally invested in him.