The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
if it made her uncomfortable, and/or she already expressed no interest, but joe still tried to push it, then yes.
I guess i been sexual harassing my whole life. Women usually don’t just say hey screw me when you first start trying to hit.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
so Budden actually knows Justin LABOY but doesn’t know how to pronounce his name :mindblown:

Justin laboy ain’t just a dude that’s funny on the internet he really is about to be a force in the culture

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I'd love to see Mal try to do his own pod... And Rory has made it clear podding isn't really his thing. I guess this is their "stand" but I don't see any leverage either of them have.

I enjoy the pod and hope it can get back on track, but it's been off all 2021. It started off as a fun listen now it's all big business talk a majority of the time. This latest one was a nice change of pace
I think Rory's quote about podcasting not being his passion is being taken out of context. He followed that up by saying he likes talking on the podcast but that building a podcasting network and all that isn't something he's interested in.

It’s literally Joe’s podcast. It’s gonna move forward with or without Mal and Rory. Y’all invested on what deals Joe takes but Rory and Mal arent owners of the podcast. They’re merely employees.

On top of that, they all felt disrespected from Spotify and wanted to move on. Don’t make it seem like Joe was the only one who wanted to do that just bc there’s turmoil now.
That's part of the problem. Joe's being a huge hypocrite with that. Joe is obsessed with having 100% ownership and letting his ego run out of control. These dudes all put in the work to help it grow. Joe should definitely get the lion's share of the money but it's nuts to not involve the other key players in decisions. It's happened in entertainment plenty of times where a star's ego goes out of control and they don't respect the people around them that contribute to the whole product only to lead to that star's falling off. It's like when these R&B artists get rid of the production team that blew them up because they know their own sound only to immediately fall off.

Not playing stupid at all. Men can try to get some snatch and it don’t have to be sexual harassment
THere's a difference between a man hitting on a random woman compared to a boss hitting on a woman beneath them. Plus he called her bytch (jokingly but still shyt you can't do) on the podcast and then is on camera grinding against her when he went to give her a hug. Also made comments about how they need to dress sexier to attract a bigger audience and how they need some dikk in the room to keep them in line. This is all shyt we've seen on camera. Now imagine what was cut from the episode or going on behind the scenes.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ice has always been funny even when he popped up on the earlier version of the podcast. Breath of fresh air but highly doubt he will be on long term since he doesn’t slurp up Roc Nation.

If Rory and Mal left, good for them. Parks should be next. Joe really F’d off minimum mid-six figure guaranteed money for everyone. Worst friend and businessman in entertainment.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
For y’all to be fans of this show, y’all damn sure praying on its downfall hard.
I think most of us are pissed that the show has been going downhill in quality and possibly imploding due to Joe's self destructive nature. If it does actually blow up it'll be for reasons a lot of us saw a long time ago around the spotify negotiations. You could see Joe's ego growing week by week and making unreasonable proclamations about how important he is to the culture and all that "for the creators" bullshyt he was spewing. A lot of us could see he was overvaluing himself and out of his league with the contract talk. Then to come in to the show week after week making it known the other guys are his employees and it being clear he wasn't including them in the decision making.

It's like you can see Joe spiraling downwards towards crashing and burning. Most of us are long time fans that just want the show to go back to being more light hearted with that group of friends just sitting down and shooting the shyt instead of being a weekly ego stroke for Joe.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
I thought this was easily the best episode all year. Ice is a major upgrade on both Rory and Mal, and Savon wasn’t bad at all. Neither were scared to share their genuine opinions and neither seemed intimidated by Joe.

Honestly could care less about the behind the scenes issues. Hate him or love him, this proves Joe can keep it moving with replaceable parts.

Agreed. I'm sure Mal and Rory are jaded and disillusioned from podding for years, getting a deal, and losing the deal. Ice and Savon came through without all of that.

The show would take a hit for sure if Mal and Rory left. I'm sure it takes a lot to work with Joe....sucks for them bc their wagon is attached to him

Daps
This was a good change of pace. Mal and Rory are staples but it was nice to have people on with actual opinions.

rory and mal been too cool to care for sometime now. Whether thats from beef or politics whatever.

if it’s time to change its time to change. Joe is the draw here.

from Rosenberg to marissa to rory to mal to parks. Joe is the draw for the majority of listeners.

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
I would be perfectly fine never hearing from rory again...Mal a pure idiot but him being a loser is good content.

damn shame these boys turned down millions...you could see all this fukkery unfold :dead: funny enough a couple episodes before views from the spot these nikkas was celebrating living it up..talking about leverage :russ:

one ego ruined it all

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I think most of us are pissed that the show has been going downhill in quality and possibly imploding due to Joe's self destructive nature. If it does actually blow up it'll be for reasons a lot of us saw a long time ago around the spotify negotiations. You could see Joe's ego growing week by week and making unreasonable proclamations about how important he is to the culture and all that "for the creators" bullshyt he was spewing. A lot of us could see he was overvaluing himself and out of his league with the contract talk. Then to come in to the show week after week making it known the other guys are his employees and it being clear he wasn't including them in the decision making.

It's like you can see Joe spiraling downwards towards crashing and burning. Most of us are long time fans that just want the show to go back to being more light hearted with that group of friends just sitting down and shooting the shyt instead of being a weekly ego stroke for Joe.
Would you prefer him to be fake like p diddy did his artist and say hey we’re all family. No them niccas work for him. Why is it a problem to make that clear.

If your a fan of this podcast and you know the history of podcasting, how can say your a fan and also call him saying he important to podcasting bullshyt. Sounds more like a love to hate relationship.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
fukk it.

I'll chime in

First of all I've been a Joe Budden fan since 01-02 and my view of him might be bias

Alot of the bad you see in Joe I see in myself.

There's a ton of speculation going on right now and I've been a listener since it was intpcl.

This could just be simple trolling, drum up drama for the podcast for new listeners, they may be about to let everyone know the big deal, or this could actually be a family feud.

I was pissed off they didn't have a deal in place after the spotify deal. My post are still in this thread. I've always felt Joe was a me 1st kinda person especially when it came too leaving spotify.

I haven't spoke much about the patron deal because I want to see how it benefited mal,rory and park's.

But years ago Peter Rosenberg said something in passing that stuck with me

42 min mark

Joe seems and always have been destructive and this might be what's going on now. He's more successful and might be making new friends that are stroking his ego and it's affecting his friendship with the guy's.

Hopefully we find out what's really going on Wednesday but if we do keep in mind in will be thru the eyes of Joe.

Like I said all speculation at this point.

I'm going to finish justice league now.