The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
That’s the thing with all of Joe’s deals. He finds a way to fukk it up and then blame the company for the relationship going sour.

He blamed Em/Paul for Slaughterhouse breaking up.

He blamed Complex for their business deal going nuclear.

He blamed Spotify when his deal was up.

Hell he probably most likely blames Cyn for their engagement ending..

He always seems to point his fingers at everybody except himself for the situation going south.

I REALLY hope this works out and he doesn’t fukk this up..

:sas2:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I’m not....cause I seen this coming. I seen this coming after the Eminem rant. When he was on some “fukk you i never liked you anyway..” after he was always praising Em for months until “Revival” dropped. After Em dissed him he showed his true colors and it always stuck with me.

I remember telling folks, if he was like that with Em he would be like that with Rory and Mal..

And here we are..

If you listened to the podcast in the last few months you can tell there was tension within the group.

The fact there was no podcast last Wednesday and on the Saturday podcast he has 2 new guest hosts while your main co-hosts are posting sub tweets is all you need to know.

Joe dead ass can’t get out of his own damn way.

He better make this right or this is REALLY gonna make Joe look funny in the light.

Oh I been known the tension was crazy. Mal rarely speaks and Rory been trying to get him in the ring to punch him in the face. I never liked Joe, but the face turn he did was great for me. He became likable and enjoyable to listen to. So I kept buying into the narrative that he had something coming. I can take that L, it just sucks. I like to see teams go from nothing to something, and to see if fall like this man... sheesh

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Oh I been known the tension was crazy. Mal rarely speaks and Rory been trying to get him in the ring to punch him in the face. I never liked Joe, but the face turn he did was great for me. He became likable and enjoyable to listen to. So I kept buying into the narrative that he had something coming. I can take that L, it just sucks. I like to see teams go from nothing to something, and to see if fall like this man... sheesh

They were at their peak before the pandemic when they were touring and with Spotify. I guess I should have known it was gonna implode. So many other podcast want to see joe go down and flames now after all the shyt he’s talked, and he’s proving them right

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought this was easily the best episode all year. Ice is a major upgrade on both Rory and Mal, and Savon wasn’t bad at all. Neither were scared to share their genuine opinions and neither seemed intimidated by Joe.

Honestly could care less about the behind the scenes issues. Hate him or love him, this proves Joe can keep it moving with replaceable parts.

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
For y’all to be fans of this show, y’all damn sure praying on its downfall hard.

I think a lot of us would rather it die at its current trajectory than trudge through and rest on their lazy laurels. Not giving a shyt about the music or being completely incapable of giving us anything other than lukewarm takes.

I think the weakest thing I've witnessed in the last few weeks has been Parks sort of heel turn that started with the reddit thread. Hes been incredibly defensive and passive aggressive, even in the I have an ego episode about joe fumbling the bag, and parroting and mocking every single bit of fukking legitimate criticism thays come from sites like this, reddit and Twitter.

He really is looking like Joe's butt boy, but he can afford to stick around as he will have work elsewhere. Rory and Mal can't say that. Rorys been too on edge and Mal has mailed it in for about a year and a half now

EDIT: Perhaps the guys have been TOO loyal to Joe to their own detriment, but its going to be up to Joe to make things right with his guys and get creative again

Last edited:

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
I think the two times a week thing strained the podcasts quality and overall friendship between them all. Its too much.

If they can get through this tough patch they need to dial it back a bit.

Spread it out, Joe has made this whole podcast thing too suffocating for everybody.

Parks is least effected by it because he has a history of grinding it out with Joe for a decade.

Late Night Studio sessions and banging out mixtapes and albums and all that.

Rory and Mal aint built like that, they were just his friends not work and business partners like Parks and Ian is.

Joe and his overall objective and mission is wearing them down.