The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
all that patreon made up exec shyt sound good, but ive remained wait and see about this whole thing in comparison to their spotify deal. for all joe says about not being emotional about business, he always has been and if that was really the case, he would have done what people do all the time, especially in music: you have an undervalued deal; do your numbers and renegotiate. "business, never personal, right?" he went on a two week rant and ruined any chance to do business w/ spotify before he even sealed the deal elsewhere while the two other dudes that arent rich are just left dangling. i bet they have a homie handshake deal w/ joe and he is the first and last word in every decision. all this ownership shyt for dated content. how much does he really think he can monetize 3 year old gossip? is it worth holding on to in comparison to a bag for it? meanwhile rory whole life in shambles after joe guilted him for not talking about personal shyt... hope it works out for them.

anybody got a link to the awkward hug? looks like that joint has been wiped from the net.
Yuuuup

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Just finished the newest episode and it’s definitely refreshing to hear Ice and Savon on the show. Noticed even with the Patreon content how well Savon works with them. I think mainly because they aren’t nurturing the same relationships and alliances when they talk as well as Joe doesn’t seem to criticize their every word as much. With that said, it’s still not like when Mal and Rory are on and it’s all clicking. Ice and Savon sound more like good cohosts while Mal and Rory are more like costars if that makes sense.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Savon came across as an idiot but Ice was cool and this probably the first time in a long time I made it through most of an episode.

Nice change of pace.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone that hasn’t been feeling the tension between rory joe the past month haven’t been paying attention.

Rory been joking about snuffing joe and last ep joe was like rory need to stop playin with me about this. They been snapping on each other over dumb shyt every ep.

Like the episode where they were talking about marketing to music to college kids and rory said, “thats stupid” and joe got mad about rory callling him stupid. That shyt went on forever. It’s been like that every episode.

Probably some pent up animosity from some off the pod shyt.

If I’m rory, mal, parks, even savon or Erickson I’m mad about turning down 20 mil. I don’t care how they try and play it off, thats NBA money

Rory AND mal were getting at least a few mil of that EACH, imagine having that kinda money right there just to talk shyt and crack jokes with your friends a couple times a week, and somebody on your behalf turns it down because he’s done too much shyt talking about ownership over the years to backtrack and look like a hypocrite, bro straight up threw their financial freedom in the bushes, TWICE, without their say so for a made up title, there is literally no way they don’t feel some kind of way about Joe right now, especially still having to turn up just for him to talk over you and clown you every time you speak too lol

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Ice is a 40 year old man, born and raised in New Jersey, during an era when Premier's style of production pretty much dominated the coast he lived in. For him to be into Hip Hop during that era and not liking Primo beats doesn't make much sense. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but that is objectively weird.

It would be one thing if Ice was from the south, midwest or west coast or was a younger guy. There's anomalies with everything but man...
That doesn’t mean he has to prefer that type of production

I’m from the south and I don’t like zaytoven production

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Joe need to snatch AK up, they live in the same city and he ain’t doing shyt since everyday struggle but getting drunk on Twitch. AK, Savon and Joe would be a good pod.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Rory AND mal were getting at least a few mil of that EACH, imagine having that kinda money right there just to talk shyt and crack jokes with your friends a couple times a week, and somebody on your behalf turns it down because he’s done too much shyt talking about ownership over the years to backtrack and look like a hypocrite, bro straight up threw their financial freedom in the bushes, TWICE, without their say so for a made up title, there is literally no way they don’t feel some kind of way about Joe right now, especially still having to turn up just for him to talk over you and clown you every time you speak too lol

Yeah no matter what you gotta feel some type of way about that shyt, especially during the pandemics

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
And for Joe to bring up the offers he has supposedly turned down on the podcast, while laughing it off multiple times because he says he’s rich already, is that much more insulting to the rest of the team...in my opinion.

Always dangerous mixing business with friends/family...especially when somebody like Joe likely feels entitled to say that everything exists because of him, and that he’s the only one who has the right to speak on contract negotiations.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ice was way better on this one than I remember him being in the older pods. I wouldn't be mad if he came back.

Hope da boys are good. Supposedly Mal took out the Joe Budden Pod from his Twitter bio but I don't know if he actually had it in the first place

I hope mal would be cooler than that. Unless joe swung on him or some shyt