The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
those people already had platforms

Joe is basically going to bat for quality and helping to make sure good podcasts get patreon elevation

Spotify paid millions for things they thought had good business models and ROI and turns out they overpaid for a lot of shyt with no clear ROI

Spotify's big bet on podcasts is failing, Citi says
Joe burden going to bat for quality :dead:

There’s not a creative alive that wants Joe Budden arguing for anything on their behalf

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
sure.

but he's DEFINITELY coming out on the upside.

he even mentioned their pre-IPO stake.

But like I said that isn’t as relevant if options aren’t vested. For all we know Joe has options on a 4 year vesting schedule and if they IPO early 2023 then half of those options are in flux.

Just lookin at both sides here

• Dap
Reactions: Rev
Daps
The story about Joe accident eating his own cum is still the best, he keeps adding to it

I need to drink more water :russ:

Mal “Come here you ugly bytch” :pachaha:

Last edited:

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
What details? an advisory position isn’t exclusive to tech it’s nothing more than a consultant that gets a W2 instead of a 1099.

But fukk all that. What extra content are they going to be offering that someone would spend one dime on? As an avid listener this sounds like a finesse play on the fans. Am I really suppose to believe they’re going to be “edgier” behind a paywall?

You’re focused on his title, when you don’t understand the stock options you fool. fukk the title, getting hired to an advisory role to a company like Patreon where you get stock options and a stake in the company, is a big deal. With a company like Patreon, It’s the equivalent to getting traded at the end of the trade deadline to a team like the Chiefs, on their way to the Super Bowl and now Joe is on the team with a stake. Joe is joining Patreon when they’re 90% of the way to an IPO, and when they do he gets a championship ring just like Mahommes.

Not to sound like Joe, but You don’t understand the payout that comes with a company you have a stake in, when they get acquired or go public.

I’m not even talking about the content behind the Patreon paywall. I have no idea what they put there. I was only responding to you acting like this meant nothing for Joe, when in reality it’ll likely end up being very lucrative.

What do you do for work now? Do you have an ownership stake in your company? That’s what stock options are, and I’m gonna sound like Joe again but if you’ve never gotten them then you can’t tell me anything about this deal. I’m sorry! If you’ve never had SRS-Acquiom make a direct deposit into your account after a merger then you can’t have this talk w/ me :yeshrug:

We can talk about the pod all you want cause that’s what you know about. We can speculate about what content will be behind the paywall. Go for it. But the discussions around what the Patreon role means for Joe and what it means to do it at a company like Patreon? Sorry you’re out of your depth there :francis:

EDIT: What’s funny is that if Joe took this deal without getting options or an ownership stake, then I would have said it’s an L for him. Getting the stake in Patreon is the big details of this. The fact that you overlooked that part completely just shows that you don’t get the importance and therefore don’t understand. It’s ok to not understand things

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
Budden said himself in the press release that he can't even explain his role yet (because its a paper title and at the very least its a salaried consultancy role) and your man in here that is king of hyperbole is already creaming his drawers about Joe is this and that and who he's smarter than and what he can do when the man doesn't even know himself..."yet". Let him breathe man.

I'm always surprised when I see Joe retweeting people saying things acting like Joe's some great thinker but I shouldn't be.

a sidenote, I know of the guy Armand from Anchor (Spotify owned indie podcast platform) that got the title/job Joe probably expected at Spotify.

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You’re focused on his title, when you don’t understand the stock options you fool. fukk the title, getting hired to an advisory role to a company like Patreon where you get stock options and a stake in the company, is a big deal. With a company like Patreon, It’s the equivalent to getting traded at the end of the trade deadline to a team like the Chiefs, on their way to the Super Bowl and now Joe is on the team with a stake. Joe is joining Patreon when they’re 90% of the way to an IPO, and when they do he gets a championship ring just like Mahommes.

Not to sound like Joe, but You don’t understand the payout that comes with a company you have a stake in, when they get acquired or go public.

I’m not even talking about the content behind the Patreon paywall. I have no idea what they put there. I was only responding to you acting like this meant nothing for Joe, when in reality it’ll likely end up being very lucrative.

What do you do for work now? Do you have an ownership stake in your company? That’s what stock options are, and I’m gonna sound like Joe again but if you’ve never gotten them then you can’t tell me anything about this deal. I’m sorry! If you’ve never had SRS-Acquiom make a direct deposit into your account after a merger then you can’t have this talk w/ me :yeshrug:

We can talk about the pod all you want cause that’s what you know about. We can speculate about what content will be behind the paywall. Go for it. But the discussions around what the Patreon role means for Joe and what it means to do it at a company like Patreon? Sorry you’re out of your depth there :francis:

EDIT: What’s funny is that if Joe took this deal without getting options or an ownership stake, then I would have said it’s an L for him. Getting the stake in Patreon is the big details of this. The fact that you overlooked that part completely just shows that you don’t get the importance and therefore don’t understand. It’s ok to not understand things
I’m not reading all of this but ask Uber employees about Stock options.

the company has to be able to make money for an extended time for stock options to actually be worth something

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Budden said himself in the press release that he can't even explain his role yet (because its a paper title and at the very least its a salaried consultancy role) and your man in here that is king of hyperbole is already creaming his drawers about Joe is this and that and who he's smarter than and what he can do when the man doesn't even know himself..."yet". Let him breathe man.

I'm always surprised when I see Joe retweeting people saying things acting like Joe's some great thinker but I shouldn't be.

a sidenote, I know of the guy Armand from Anchor that got the title/job Joe probably expected at Spotify.
We may as well take bets on how long it take for Joe to be mad at Patreon

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
I’m not reading all of this but ask Uber employees about Stock options.

the company has to be able to make money for an extended time for stock options to actually be worth something

You’re not reading it because it’s out of your depth :skip: And you know you’ve never gotten stock or an ownership stake at any job you’ve worked at, so you can’t have this conversation intelligently.

Like I said, it’s ok to not understand things.

Side note, even your example sucks because Uber made the unprecedented move of shifting tax risk and liability from the employer to the employee when the company went public. In short, they basically left employees holding the bag for post-exit Gains/Losses.

I think everyone knows about Uber’s terrible work culture, this is on the long list of the many terrible things Uber has done to its employees and it isn’t the norm in the industry. But again, this is just another thing you don’t understand, and that’s ok :smugbiden:

The last 3 pages of this thread is you being negative about this deal and Joe in general, and you wondered why I said your posts sounded like hate :heh:

Go back to talking about the podcast. That’s something you know.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You’re not reading it because it’s out of your depth :skip: And you know you’ve never gotten stock or an ownership stake at any job you’ve worked at, so you can’t have this conversation intelligently.

Like I said, it’s ok to not understand things.

Side note, even your example sucks because Uber made the unprecedented move of shifting tax risk and liability from the employer to the employee when the company went public. In short, they basically left employees holding the bag for post-exit Gains/Losses.

I think everyone knows about Uber’s terrible work culture, this is on the long list of the many terrible things Uber has done to its employees and it isn’t the norm. But again, this is just another thing you don’t understand, and that’s ok :smugbiden:

The last 3 pages of this thread is you being negative about this deal and Joe in general, and you wondered why I said your posts sounded like hate :heh:

Go back to talking about the podcast. That’s something you know.
:dahell:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Not an hour celebrating a move to Patreon :picard:

Just say you’re bringing new content to the fans and move on. No reason to be on some Christopher Columbus sh*t for a platform podcasts have been using for years
What new content are they going to bring and how does it affect the normal content?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I haven't made it through more than maybe the first 15 minutes of the episode, but does he specify he's getting options? That's one hell of a comp package for an advisory role.