The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
It sounds like it's probably London on the Track after listening to the convo. Mal is always under Summer Walker pics with money bags and bigger her up on the pod. Plus he said she's super talented. Tori Brixx is talentless and so is Saweetie. But they always talk about how great Summer is.
Yeah i think youre right

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Joe won again. That Patreon deal is amazing cause he's getting people paid for content and bringing people along with proven fan bases.

Charlamagne was just a shot-gun attempt at throwing content at the wall and seeing what sticks.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Head of Creator Equity

:patrice: does this position exist anywhere else or did they just "create" it?
its better than a lot of those "diversity" titles.

Joe's been about getting whats owed. This is big. Patreon is a meritocracy and this allows people to show and prove since its not about just bringing content to the platform, its about proving quality with people willing to pay for INDIVIDUAL podcasts.

Its hard to know the metrics on a DSP. This allows the quality to rise to the top with proven contributors.

Joe Budden Brings Podcast to Patreon, Joins Company as Head of Creator Equity

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Joe won again. That Patreon deal is amazing cause he's getting people paid for content and bringing people along with proven fan bases.

Charlamagne was just a shot-gun attempt at throwing content at the wall and seeing what sticks.
It’s an “advisory” position which means it’s just a title. Nothing more than that

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These grand standing/soap box rants Joe goes on are so cringe. I’m happy for his moves but he always turns them into these grandiose celebrations of his own genius. Lol. Like fam...

For a guy that constantly professes his admiration for people who get their shyt done quietly, he sure as shyt hasn't learned from them. :mjlol:

Also, I'll withhold any comment on this new job he has with Patreon until we get some idea of what he's doing, or can do. Because there've been plenty of artists hired for shyt like "creative director" for companies, and had little to no actual tangible effect on those companies. But if he actually does some good, it'd be nice to see.

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
its better than a lot of those "diversity" titles.

Joe's been about getting whats owed. This is big. Patreon is a meritocracy and this allows people to show and prove since its not about just bringing content to the platform, its about proving quality with people willing to pay for INDIVIDUAL podcasts.

Its hard to know the metrics on a DSP. This allows the quality to rise to the top with proven contributors.

Joe Budden Brings Podcast to Patreon, Joins Company as Head of Creator Equity
Equity is the new diversity.... :manny:

Im prepared to hear equity , creators , and platform till my ears bleed:unimpressed:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It’s an “advisory” position which means it’s just a title. Nothing more than that
heres the thing, Joe has sauce he brings to the game and corporations can't just invent that. That cool factor matters. Spotify is struggling now cause all the stuff they paid for isn't hitting that ROI.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps

Sounds like some hate right here :pachaha: I’m sure it comes with a lil paycheck too why don’t you mention that? Not to mention jobs w/ titles like these usually come with stock options, I haven’t worked at a single tech company where options wasn’t part of the package. For a company like Patreon, getting stock is a come up. You make it sound like they’re paying him in business cards. :beli:

I’ll throw these guys the $5 a month to support, but paying them $25 a month is nuts :skip:Even the commercials with the starving kids in Africa only ask for like $19 a month.