The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Ahh yes, the naysayers that feed losers the bullshyt they need to stay in financial despair.

Of course there's a risk, what the fukk :dahell:

What folks need to be doing is educating themselves on the best picks and the risk/reward valuation of their decisions instead of blaming the "Snake oil salesman" for bringing to light the fact that you're losing money anyway with the shyt sitting in savings due to inflation. I think the guys bigger point was to invest period as opposed to having your shyt depreciate in a "savings" account.

For instance, I bought Bitcoin at 37k like a day before that pod came out. It fell to 28k. Am I worried? Of course not, because my diversified portfolio is making me money in the short term in the event I need liquid right away while I wait for the Bitcoin to rally in value again.

Learn the game you're playing (whether you realize it or not, you are participating :ufdup:) or you will lose, every time. I love my people mane this shyt is from the heart, please wake up

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
nikkas just want to know how to turn bitcoin into money in a savings account.

No one explains that - instead it sounds like some XP point system for your RPG character.

I think the point is, people are seeing bitcoin as the new currency where people can swipe their bitcoin card at any checkout - just not yet.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

No one explains that - instead it sounds like some XP point system for your RPG character.

I think the point is, people are seeing bitcoin as the new currency where people can swipe their bitcoin card at any checkout - just not yet.
You can buy bitcoin through cash app

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

Probably not too far away though. Visa and BlockFi done hooked up for BTC rewards so its only a matter of time. CashApp does the same with their prepaid card. You can add a Boost to get BTC rewards. Im sure being able to swipe a card linked to an actual account with BTC in it won't be far behind.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Most of you are extra simple-minded in this Rakim vs Drake debate. How many actual rappers with record deals existed when Rakim came out? He was arguably the first, best, rappity rap rapper with complex rhyme schemes and more than just 1+2=3 lyrics. That makes him an originator and a forefather, 100%. But over time, many have taken his style and improved it. His music....most rap music from the late 80's/early 90's tbh.....has aged like shyt. Mainly because instrumentation/beats and production have advanced as technology has gotten better (no different then trying to compare old black and white action movies to the latest Avengers movie). But if you threw a Rakim verse over a current beat, he would sound extra trash. He was a product of his error. Drake is a product of this one.

The only real answer is that you cannot effectively compare people from different errors.

A similar case study is how Bill Russell doesn't get the respect he deserves cause he was dominant when the league was mostly 5'3 CAC's. Some basketball purists throw his name in there to pay homage in GOAT convos, but nobody thinks he would be able to stand toe to toe with dominant big men 20+ years later as basketball players started being in better shape and training 24/7/365. How do you compare him with someone like Shaq, who would literally push him out the way and/or dunk over him literally every play? You can't....
dont agree with all of this except that i do agree with the different errors line in the middle to a extent

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Meh. It was an oversimplification and too general. Rakim wouldn't sound garbage over current beats, and Rakim's music didn't age like shyt, either. People improved on Rakim's style, and so did Rakim lol. Rakim dropped the 18th letter in 1997, and was rhyming syllables better than every rapper outside of Nas on a mainstream level. And just because a song doesn't sound current doesn't mean it aged poorly, it means it was created in the era it was intended for. But a song that was fire in 1991 is fire in 2021 too. A beat being more complex doesn't make it better either. A lot of simple/stripped down beats are way more enjoyable as a listener.

I don't mind sports/rap comparisons in certain aspects but I don't really think it holds in this case because Bill Russell can't physically perform anymore do to age so it's impossible to compare. It's not fair to dismiss his performance in his era, simply because his competition wasn't as advanced physically. Put Bill Russell in the 90s at 25, with the same health regiments as Shaq and we don't know how he would perform. Dennis Rodman is of a similar physical build (but 2 inches shorter) and when the Bulls played the Magic in the ECF, when Shaq was at his athletic peak, played great defense on him and made him work for every basket. The next season when Phil put Rodman on Shaq (he was with the Lakers by then), he shut him down for an entire second half of a game. It's not unfathomable to think Russell could've had similar success. People like to make the simple comparison without being more critical with their analysis.
now this i agree with.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
We can’t gloss over the fact that Joe Budden said he would take the dinner with Hov and tried to argue with Rory that it was dumb for people to choose the money :laff:
Joe is a idiot:mjlol:

honestly, i just listen to this podcast for laughs and for mindless entertainment.
and for stupid shyt said like this one:yeshrug:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Their obsession and worship of Jay beyond insane at this point.
bruh its been that since them nikkas dedicated damn ear 75% of a ep back on December 4th to Jay's birthday, and before that with the various amount of times they constantly mention Jay:russ:

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
bruh its been that since them nikkas dedicated damn ear 75% of a ep back on December 4th to Jay's birthday, and before that with the various amount of times they constantly mention Jay:russ:
The 4:44 episode with just Joe and Rory slobbering Jay the entire podcast is embarrassing:skip:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

On this episode: The guys recap Ashanti & Keyshia Cole’s Verzuz battle (18:27), while Joe addresses his personal bias towards Keyshia (39:30). They discuss the recent inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris (1:07:41) as well as Conway and Griselda’s alleged beef (1:21:50). DaniLeigh receives backlash after previewing her upcoming song, “Yellow Bone” (1:26:22), and Rory wants to move the podcast to Texas (1:29:30). The guys further review the Tiger Woods documentary, addressing the effects of his upbringing (1:50:11), and Snoh Aalegra receives backlash for covering Usher’s “U Remind Me” (2:04:48).

Sleeper Picks
Joe | NBDY - “Used To” (Acoustic)
Rory | Little Brother - “Life of the Party” (Ft. Carlitta Durand & Skillz)
Mal | K. Forest - “Tippin” (Ft. Jaiden)
Parks | Pharoahe Monch & Th1rt3en - “Amnesia”

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
We can’t gloss over the fact that Joe Budden said he would take the dinner with Hov and tried to argue with Rory that it was dumb for people to choose the money :laff:

This actually makes sense.

It only doesn't make sense if you're only havin' dinner with Jay to eat food and be in his presence.

It makes hella sense if you have something going for yourself like a business venture, product, music, etc. and are looking to discuss it with him in a way that could make you WAY more than 50K.

Listen back to 'Coming of Age' with Bleek when Jay offers Bleek a stack... and Bleek says 'a G? I'll ride wit' you for free, I want the LONG TERM riches and bytches..." Same thing applies here. Instead of just hangin' around and taking some money that could be gone quickly, use the opportunity to conduct business and build a relationship that leads to long-term money.