The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
There goes Budden again, making himself the big victim in the Spotify "renegotiation".

He said that he went into the room asking for stock options, and "they looked at me like i was crazy because i'm a Black man". Are you sure that was the reason, Joe? Didn't he do the same thing at Complex where he went in asking for 3% of the company's stock when trying to re-up for Everyday Struggle?

Shyt just doesn't always work like that...plus, he really does overvalue himself in the grand scheme. I don't know everything about stocks, but if you think you're that valuable to the future of the company, buy a gang of the company's stock when you first get onboard.

Maybe his best option is to go to a startup where he can demand a portion of the company before they go public.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most of you are extra simple-minded in this Rakim vs Drake debate. How many actual rappers with record deals existed when Rakim came out? He was arguably the first, best, rappity rap rapper with complex rhyme schemes and more than just 1+2=3 lyrics. That makes him an originator and a forefather, 100%. But over time, many have taken his style and improved it. His music....most rap music from the late 80's/early 90's tbh.....has aged like shyt. Mainly because instrumentation/beats and production have advanced as technology has gotten better (no different then trying to compare old black and white action movies to the latest Avengers movie). But if you threw a Rakim verse over a current beat, he would sound extra trash. He was a product of his error. Drake is a product of this one.

The only real answer is that you cannot effectively compare people from different errors.

A similar case study is how Bill Russell doesn't get the respect he deserves cause he was dominant when the league was mostly 5'3 CAC's. Some basketball purists throw his name in there to pay homage in GOAT convos, but nobody thinks he would be able to stand toe to toe with dominant big men 20+ years later as basketball players started being in better shape and training 24/7/365. How do you compare him with someone like Shaq, who would literally push him out the way and/or dunk over him literally every play? You can't....
Very well said.

Drake ass tho on some rap shyt, will never understand his position in the game and how/why he got there, seems fake. I like his singing/melodic songs tho.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
I didn't shyt on anyone. I am not bragging at all.

I asked his age... because I was going to recommend he start early to maximize that compound interest. I learned about Roth IRA in my late 20s and missed out on a lot of money. I just wanted to help and send him some links. I'm passionate about finances and helping people learn from my mistakes :ehh:

Actually, I can withdraw from CONTRIBUTIONS (penalty free) my ROTH IRA at anytime...you clearly need to do some more research :usure:

Also, I also have liquid cash...so I don't need to touch these accounts at all. Why you catching feelings??? :mjlol:

No feelings caught but it looked like you were tryin to clown him. And all that great advice you said you were gonna give him, none of it was in your original post :ohhh:That, combined w/ you tryin to flex your 401k through your company :mjlol: was enough for me to laugh and say somethin.

Also you 30+ waitin on the stimulus check so you can’t tell me what I need to do with anything :skip:

Next time you respond to me why don’t you include those knowledge gems and links you referenced but never gave, so people in the thread can actually learn something and be better for it.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Very well said.

Drake ass tho on some rap shyt, will never understand his position in the game and how/why he got there, seems fake. I like his singing/melodic songs tho.

Meh. It was an oversimplification and too general. Rakim wouldn't sound garbage over current beats, and Rakim's music didn't age like shyt, either. People improved on Rakim's style, and so did Rakim lol. Rakim dropped the 18th letter in 1997, and was rhyming syllables better than every rapper outside of Nas on a mainstream level. And just because a song doesn't sound current doesn't mean it aged poorly, it means it was created in the era it was intended for. But a song that was fire in 1991 is fire in 2021 too. A beat being more complex doesn't make it better either. A lot of simple/stripped down beats are way more enjoyable as a listener.

I don't mind sports/rap comparisons in certain aspects but I don't really think it holds in this case because Bill Russell can't physically perform anymore do to age so it's impossible to compare. It's not fair to dismiss his performance in his era, simply because his competition wasn't as advanced physically. Put Bill Russell in the 90s at 25, with the same health regiments as Shaq and we don't know how he would perform. Dennis Rodman is of a similar physical build (but 2 inches shorter) and when the Bulls played the Magic in the ECF, when Shaq was at his athletic peak, played great defense on him and made him work for every basket. The next season when Phil put Rodman on Shaq (he was with the Lakers by then), he shut him down for an entire second half of a game. It's not unfathomable to think Russell could've had similar success. People like to make the simple comparison without being more critical with their analysis.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
No feelings caught but it looked like you were tryin to clown him. And all that great advice you said you were gonna give him, none of it was in your original post :ohhh:That, combined w/ you tryin to flex your 401k through your company :mjlol: was enough for me to laugh and say somethin.

Also you 30+ waitin on the stimulus check so you can’t tell me what I need to do with anything :skip:

Next time you respond to me why don’t you include those knowledge gems and links you referenced but never gave, so people in the thread can actually learn something and be better for it.

I don't flex on the internet. Everyone here since 2012 knows I worked part time gigs and had to learn how to save etc.

Some people don't even get a 401K match through they're company or know how to utilize it. I'm blessed in real life and just trying to learn and teach more every day. :ehh:

I asked his age because the earlier the better. I teach the youth via boys and girls club and the big brother program and I also help my family :blessed:

I am not waiting on a stimulus. I got plenty of stimulus checks already sitting in my account But I'll take that free money while I can (I don't qualify anymore after this year so I needs that:mjgrin:

Sure...I'll pass along the information.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
@Squirtle how old are you?

1. I'd get debt free as soon as possible. Dave Ramsey's 7 baby steps is a good method but it depends on your income and debt level.

2. I'd max out your 401k. Then get a Roth IRA. Max that out too. I'll add a link to a few good ones or you can select the one that's best for you. I'd have a liquid cash emergency fund on stash in a HYSA before investing though.

3. Stock market is a good option too. If you want to get your feet wet, download the robinhood app just to get started and play around with maybe $100 or so.

I don't know if you have debt but I had to learn the hard way...wasted a few years of my life in CC debt :snoop:

I also read a lot of financial books so if you need some of those let me know and I have YouTube links in podcast but it's doable no matter your salary.

I hate debt and I am very frugal so I'm always trying to learn more.

Best Roth IRA Accounts In January 2021 | Bankrate

14 Best Roth IRA Accounts of January 2021 - NerdWallet

Vanguard Mutual Fund Profile | Vanguard

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
We can’t gloss over the fact that Joe Budden said he would take the dinner with Hov and tried to argue with Rory that it was dumb for people to choose the money :laff:
same guy who was upset about not being gifted a refurbished Rolex from Spotify

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
We can’t gloss over the fact that Joe Budden said he would take the dinner with Hov and tried to argue with Rory that it was dumb for people to choose the money :laff:

They were right about what they said though. Somebody like Joe would prolly be better served to take the dinner w/ Jay.

But the other 99% of people in the US should take the money and flip it. Anyone not in music/entertainment industries should take the money, and even then most people in those industries need 50k more than they could use some game from Jay.

But all that being said, I can see why Joe said that, about himself at least.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
There goes Budden again, making himself the big victim in the Spotify "renegotiation".

This nikka really acting like he's been saying for months that spotify was paying too much for these podcast.
:mjlol:

This nikka literally went on multiple rants about Joe Rogan taking too little and that he needed 100 million atleast, he was saying spotify should be paying MORE than they were.
:dwillhuh: