The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
We can’t gloss over the fact that Joe Budden said he would take the dinner with Hov and tried to argue with Rory that it was dumb for people to choose the money :laff:
I didn't find that too outrageous coming from him though. I couldn't understand why anyone would take the dinner over the money until Joe explained his meeting with Jay. IF and only IF you're somewhat in the know and already have money, the dinner with Jay could be more beneficial in the long run than 50k right now.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
How can I listen to this brews?

I have SoundCloud but it keeps resetting so I always forget where I left off at I have like seven or eight episodes to catch up on but this SoundCloud is trash compared to Spotify

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Most of you are extra simple-minded in this Rakim vs Drake debate. How many actual rappers with record deals existed when Rakim came out? He was arguably the first, best, rappity rap rapper with complex rhyme schemes and more than just 1+2=3 lyrics. That makes him an originator and a forefather, 100%. But over time, many have taken his style and improved it. His music....most rap music from the late 80's/early 90's tbh.....has aged like shyt. Mainly because instrumentation/beats and production have advanced as technology has gotten better (no different then trying to compare old black and white action movies to the latest Avengers movie). But if you threw a Rakim verse over a current beat, he would sound extra trash. He was a product of his error. Drake is a product of this one.

The only real answer is that you cannot effectively compare people from different errors.

A similar case study is how Bill Russell doesn't get the respect he deserves cause he was dominant when the league was mostly 5'3 CAC's. Some basketball purists throw his name in there to pay homage in GOAT convos, but nobody thinks he would be able to stand toe to toe with dominant big men 20+ years later as basketball players started being in better shape and training 24/7/365. How do you compare him with someone like Shaq, who would literally push him out the way and/or dunk over him literally every play? You can't....
"He was a product of his error"

:dead:

Stfu you dumbass:mjlol:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How can I listen to this brews?

I have SoundCloud but it keeps resetting so I always forget where I left off at I have like seven or eight episodes to catch up on but this SoundCloud is trash compared to Spotify
I use Google Podcasts, it saves the spot where you were at like Spotify does

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
They were right about what they said though. Somebody like Joe would prolly be better served to take the dinner w/ Jay.

But the other 99% of people in the US should take the money and flip it. Anyone not in music/entertainment industries should take the money, and even then most people in those industries need 50k more than they could use some game from Jay.

But all that being said, I can see why Joe said that, about himself at least.

Eh. Turn down 50K even in Joe's position just for Hov to give him that patented nod and say, "do that. Its time to disrupt banking." when Joe brings up he has a deal with CashApp and is thinking about Bitcoin? Lol, thats the game Ima turn down actual money for?

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
@Squirtle how old are you?

1. I'd get debt free as soon as possible. Dave Ramsey's 7 baby steps is a good method but it depends on your income and debt level.

2. I'd max out your 401k. Then get a Roth IRA. Max that out too. I'll add a link to a few good ones or you can select the one that's best for you. I'd have a liquid cash emergency fund on stash in a HYSA before investing though.

3. Stock market is a good option too. If you want to get your feet wet, download the robinhood app just to get started and play around with maybe $100 or so.

I don't know if you have debt but I had to learn the hard way...wasted a few years of my life in CC debt :snoop:

I also read a lot of financial books so if you need some of those let me know and I have YouTube links in podcast but it's doable no matter your salary.

I hate debt and I am very frugal so I'm always trying to learn more.

Best Roth IRA Accounts In January 2021 | Bankrate

14 Best Roth IRA Accounts of January 2021 - NerdWallet

Vanguard Mutual Fund Profile | Vanguard
I'm 28. I'm no expert but I'm familiar with stocks. Made a killing with Tesla earlier in the pandemic. Very little CC debt, (not thousands of dollars) and I have a pension but no 401k. I need to look into that. Thanks.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I'm 28. I'm no expert but I'm familiar with stocks. Made a killing with Tesla earlier in the pandemic. Very little CC debt, (not thousands of dollars) and I have a pension but no 401k. I need to look into that. Thanks.
Oh nice.

If your company offers one, take advantage.

Mine provides a match of 6% ..... so I contribute 6% (about 350 a check) and then they give me a 6% match once a year in March....free money. That's about $700 a month combined.

Roth IRA is beneficial as well.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
They were right about what they said though. Somebody like Joe would prolly be better served to take the dinner w/ Jay.

But the other 99% of people in the US should take the money and flip it. Anyone not in music/entertainment industries should take the money, and even then most people in those industries need 50k more than they could use some game from Jay.

But all that being said, I can see why Joe said that, about himself at least.

Word....a "millionaire" ( :mjpls: ) would definitely get more from that conversation than the 20k/50k

I use Google Podcasts, it saves the spot where you were at like Spotify does
This. I used to watch the YouTube, but I'm holding my streams lol