The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Sure I’m no expert but I’ll tell you what I know.

Vanguard and Fidelity are two separate companies ignore the /. They’re two examples of companies that provide mutual funds and ETFs.

ETF stands for Exchange Traded Fund, basically it’s a collection of different stocks in one fund. As opposed to spending $1,000 on stock in a single company like Apple for example, you can put that same money in a number of different stocks that are all in one ETF. They can be traded just like regular stocks, hence the name Exchange Traded Funds.

You can put your money into a brokerage account somewhere like Vanguard or Fidelity where you can add to it, like a savings account, but you can also draw money out when you need cash. It’s not like a 401k where you can’t really touch it until you’re old and shyt.

Brokerage accounts like these are a good alternative for people who don’t want to trade individual stocks.

I personally don’t spend much time at all learning about investment strategies and what’s the best stock to buy, etc. Like I don’t even have a Robinhood account, and I would prolly lose money learning in the short team. So for somebody like me a brokerage account is the way to go.

It’s a safer place to put money, steady growth is almost completely assured, but it’s also never gonna explode like for someone who put $10,000 in Tesla in April, they’d be looking at about $55,000 now.

Like I said there’s nothing wrong with having $2-3,000 in a regular savings account, but if you have anymore than that in there you might want to look at a brokerage account where you can grow that money without the day to day maintenance that trading stocks requires.
Thanks a lot. +rep

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Thing is most podcasts are slow burners until eventually some viral moment happens that gets it a little shine or eventually through word of mouth it starts to grow. Most podcasts are around for years before they get to doing the numbers they're doing on STTI. Especially considering outside of the original announcement Joe has done a shyt job of pushing it. He should've had them on an episode or two or brought up discussions that happened on there as a topic on his podcast to give the male point of view. Just some sort of cross promotion to have people wanting to check out the original convo on their side. Instead he's done 100X the promotion for Clubhouse than he has for their show.

EDIT: It's funny that I typed that right as Joe is complaining that they weren't having a presence on Clubhouse. So he wants them promoting on a limited app instead of using his platform which reaches millions to promote them lol.
same thing with The Need to Know podcast with savon

two of the host work with you. Why do you do more promotion for clubhouse than you do for the podcast and people who are your friends and employees.

whether your a joe critic or defender you cant deny this guy is messy as fukk at times. And this business here is a good example. Dude talks more about clubhouse and promotes that than his associate's podcast
:russ: i thought it was pretty obvious Joe was just using that "network" for the good look with women

him naturally being self destructive is bad enough, when you throw in all of his nasty horny toad tendencies it starts getting ridiculous :dead:
LOL the bold is literally what this mf Big pump killa just said in this diss

@ 0:55

altho he says he wants to fukk them.

which both can be true.

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
Most of you are extra simple-minded in this Rakim vs Drake debate. How many actual rappers with record deals existed when Rakim came out? He was arguably the first, best, rappity rap rapper with complex rhyme schemes and more than just 1+2=3 lyrics. That makes him an originator and a forefather, 100%. But over time, many have taken his style and improved it. His music....most rap music from the late 80's/early 90's tbh.....has aged like shyt. Mainly because instrumentation/beats and production have advanced as technology has gotten better (no different then trying to compare old black and white action movies to the latest Avengers movie). But if you threw a Rakim verse over a current beat, he would sound extra trash. He was a product of his error. Drake is a product of this one.

The only real answer is that you cannot effectively compare people from different errors.

A similar case study is how Bill Russell doesn't get the respect he deserves cause he was dominant when the league was mostly 5'3 CAC's. Some basketball purists throw his name in there to pay homage in GOAT convos, but nobody thinks he would be able to stand toe to toe with dominant big men 20+ years later as basketball players started being in better shape and training 24/7/365. How do you compare him with someone like Shaq, who would literally push him out the way and/or dunk over him literally every play? You can't....

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
0899921-E-AE5-C-4-AB1-89-D5-E1-AFF1-D75-C6-C.jpg

I got 5,000 Satoshi for you. This nikka gave them like 50 cent a piece:mjlol:

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
Rakim birthed an entire genre of rap that other rappers then followed. Drake has done no such thing.

facts, if anything Drake jumps on other people waves to keep himself relevant, it gives them a boost because he's big...but it also keeps him in the spotlight

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Drake over Rakim.....

In what World :hhh:
Fam, that was so ridiculous I always turned off the episode. To be honest, they shouldn't even be compared.

Drake don't belong on any list with real MCs when there's multiple reference tracks. I don't care what he wrote, once you have songs written for you (not hooks), you're not even in that category anymore. fukk all that. We gotta stop this softening of the culture.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Joe's reason for starting the pod with Von when he died versus not starting the pod with Doom's music when he passed is goofy as hell, lol.
It’s not like he listened to either one, Joe just fetishized Von.

I’m glad Parks called him out

it’s also crazy that Joe still calls XXX, “triple x”

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
How old are you???????

I used Vanguard for a Roth IRA.

I have a 401k via my company.

Eating good outchea :ahh:

Why are you tryin to shyt on somebody else for askin questions to learn?

And side note why are you bragging about having an IRA account when we were specifically talking about brokerage accounts you could use as a short term savings? You couldn’t even withdraw money from your IRA tomorrow if you wanted to (without takin a big haircut on it).

You’re bragging about money you can’t touch for the next 25 years without takin a big tax penalty :why:

Last edited:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Why are you tryin to shyt on somebody else for askin questions to learn?

And side note why are you bragging about having an IRA account when we were specifically talking about brokerage accounts you could use as a short term savings? You couldn’t even withdraw money from your IRA tomorrow if you wanted to (without takin a big haircut on it).

You’re bragging about money you can’t touch for the next 25 years without takin a big tax penalty :why:
I didn't shyt on anyone. I am not bragging at all.

I asked his age... because I was going to recommend he start early to maximize that compound interest. I learned about Roth IRA in my late 20s and missed out on a lot of money. I just wanted to help and send him some links. I'm passionate about finances and helping people learn from my mistakes :ehh:

Actually, I can withdraw from CONTRIBUTIONS (penalty free) my ROTH IRA at anytime...you clearly need to do some more research :usure:

Also, I also have liquid cash...so I don't need to touch these accounts at all. Why you catching feelings??? :mjlol: