The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
So Joe and The Game are friends again huh?
Wouldn’t surprise me if it was just Joe being that guy again - the one who talks shyt about you one day but then says “na i fukk with him though!” months later. It was exactly 2 years ago that he was going in on Game heavy...guess it was because the breakup with Cyn was still fresh.

But they’re both super weirdos...so it’s definitely likely that they are cool again.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Who ever this guy is talking about Bitcoin is wrong about stimulus devaluing the dollar

Bitcoin is purely speculative it can’t be compared to real estate or the stock market as an either/or
I first learned about Bitcoin on this forum (or SOHH) over a decade ago. Kinda regret not looking into it a bit at the time, but I guess it’s not too late?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Appreciate that Crypto talk. Taking that guys advice and I'm buying some Bitcoin every paycheck. Did not realize you could buy pieces of Bitcoin.

you can also buy pieces of stock of companies like Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Tesla etc

I first learned about Bitcoin on this forum (or SOHH) over a decade ago. Kinda regret not looking into it a bit at the time, but I guess it’s not too late?

it’s never too late but there’s nothing stopping people from pulling their money out of Bitcoin and it crashing like 2018. Bitcoin value going up just due to demand of Bitcoin . The could change tomorrow

the stock market will always go up over time because people will always consume and companies will always need money to fund their businesses

there’s absolutely no protection for owners of Bitcoin and there’s no regulation

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
you can also buy pieces of stock of companies like Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Tesla etc

it’s never too late but there’s nothing stopping people from pulling their money out of Bitcoin and it crashing like 2018. Bitcoin value going up just due to demand of Bitcoin . The could change tomorrow

the stock market will always go up over time because people will always consume and companies will always need money to fund their businesses

there’s absolutely no protection for owners of Bitcoin and there’s no regulation
:ohhh:

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
They’re gonna be hot when they find out what a Satoshi is worth lol

The guy was definitely right about the fact that you’re taking an L if you’re parking more than 5k or so in a regular savings account.

What he didn’t mention is that it’s pretty easy these days to open a Vanguard / Fidelity account and park the money there where it’s invested in some ETFs so it’s growing. He made it sound like Bitcoin or playing the stock market were your only options.

Last edited:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Rakim birthed an entire genre of rap that other rappers then followed. Drake has done no such thing.
See my response below
Who's better Michael Jordan or Doctor J? Who's better Kobe or Jordan?

See what i did? Kobe while being top 10 player in his own right, is not better than MJ. For Rakim to be better than Drake, he had to be MJ level rapper. He's not. He's not even Kobe level.

It's the same way nobody would tell you Drake has a better catalog than Biggie. why? Because Biggie is MJ level rapper :youngsabo: I broke it down super easy for you to understand.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
They’re gonna be hot when they find out what a Satoshi is worth lol

The guy was definitely right about the fact that you’re taking an L if you’re parking more than 5k or so in a regular savings account.

What he didn’t mention is that it’s pretty easy these days to open a Vanguard / Fidelity account and park the money there where it’s invested in some ETFs so it’s growing. He made it sound like Bitcoin or playing the stock market were your only options.
Would you mind telling me what a Vanguard/Fidelity is?

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Spectacular episode.

they really should go this route.
Go full Rogan ? No. But a mix of their usual kick it conversations and guests like this will bring their pod to new levels .

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Would you mind telling me what a Vanguard/Fidelity is?

Sure I’m no expert but I’ll tell you what I know.

Vanguard and Fidelity are two separate companies ignore the /. They’re two examples of companies that provide mutual funds and ETFs.

ETF stands for Exchange Traded Fund, basically it’s a collection of different stocks in one fund. As opposed to spending $1,000 on stock in a single company like Apple for example, you can put that same money in a number of different stocks that are all in one ETF. They can be traded just like regular stocks, hence the name Exchange Traded Funds.

You can put your money into a brokerage account somewhere like Vanguard or Fidelity where you can add to it, like a savings account, but you can also draw money out when you need cash. It’s not like a 401k where you can’t really touch it until you’re old and shyt.

Brokerage accounts like these are a good alternative for people who don’t want to trade individual stocks.

I personally don’t spend much time at all learning about investment strategies and what’s the best stock to buy, etc. Like I don’t even have a Robinhood account, and I would prolly lose money learning in the short team. So for somebody like me a brokerage account is the way to go.

It’s a safer place to put money, steady growth is almost completely assured, but it’s also never gonna explode like for someone who put $10,000 in Tesla in April, they’d be looking at about $55,000 now.

Like I said there’s nothing wrong with having $2-3,000 in a regular savings account, but if you have anymore than that in there you might want to look at a brokerage account where you can grow that money without the day to day maintenance that trading stocks requires.