The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
The comparison is beyond ridiculous someone thinking Drake had more impact is totally reasonable

“Rakim was considered to drop classics and Drake albums are viewed as flawed” :dwillhuh:

they both have classic albums and have huge influences and impact over there careers
So you gone sit here and act like even Drake's on fans ain't complained about damn near every album he dropped? I'm a huge Drake fan but only Take Care (not counting his mixtapes) is a classic to me. All his albums end up too long with too much filler on em and and he never found the right balance between his singing tracks and rapping. Now if we're just talking overall number of great songs then I think Drake got Rakim beat easily.

So how are you defining impact before I argue that point? If basing it off hits and overall fans and all that then yes easily Drake. But if you're basing it off of the impact on just the rap game itself then it is easily Rakim. A large part of that in just that Rakim came along so early in hip hop's existence that just by default he's going to have a much larger impact on what came in the future.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
So you gone sit here and act like even Drake's on fans ain't complained about damn near every album he dropped? I'm a huge Drake fan but only Take Care (not counting his mixtapes) is a classic to me. All his albums end up too long with too much filler on em and and he never found the right balance between his singing tracks and rapping. Now if we're just talking overall number of great songs then I think Drake got Rakim beat easily.

So how are you defining impact before I argue that point? If basing it off hits and overall fans and all that then yes easily Drake. But if you're basing it off of the impact on just the rap game itself then it is easily Rakim. A large part of that in just that Rakim came along so early in hip hop's existence that just by default he's going to have a much larger impact on what came in the future.
Something being too long and too much filler is all subjective

classic album has never ever meant flawless

Albums that have impact and define and eras are classic albums. Classic albums reach pass your Stanbase

Take care and IYRTITL are classic moments in rap

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
How am I contradicting myself?
Who's better Michael Jordan or Doctor J? Who's better Kobe or Jordan?

See what i did? Kobe while being top 10 player in his own right, is not better than MJ. For Rakim to be better than Drake, he had to be MJ level rapper. He's not. He's not even Kobe level.

It's the same way nobody would tell you Drake has a better catalog than Biggie. why? Because Biggie is MJ level rapper :youngsabo: I broke it down super easy for you to understand.

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
As much as I shyt on Drake stans and as much as I initially was gonna slander Mal’s take...he has a stronger argument for that Drake vs Rakim impact take by applying it ONLY to music as a whole. Never just in Hip Hop, but with music as a whole...as much as that nikka dips in different genres...I get it