The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Shut up. Drake is the biggest hit maker in rap history. But if we’re talking about quality of albums, Rakim has 4 albums better than Drake’s best. FOH. You must be like 22 or some shyt.
:what:

how can you object to someone thinking drake has a better catalog and more impact than Rakim

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Shut up. Drake is the biggest hit maker in rap history. But if we’re talking about quality of albums, Rakim has 4 albums better than Drake’s best. FOH. You must be like 22 or some shyt.
For real it's ridiculous to compare the two. If comparing at the time of their release then Rakim was considered to have dropped classics while most of Drake's albums were considered flawed so Rakim would win that argument IMO. BUT if someone had heard neither and were sat down today to listen to both discographies most would probably consider Drake has having the better discography.

Influence wise though there is no doubting Rakim changing the game and advancing rap flow and lyric wise. Drake IMO can't compare in that regard.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
You hating doggie :yeshrug:

you don’t even realize you contradicted yourself in your own answer lmao

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
For real it's ridiculous to compare the two. If comparing at the time of their release then Rakim was considered to have dropped classics while most of Drake's albums were considered flawed so Rakim would win that argument IMO. BUT if someone had heard neither and were sat down today to listen to both discographies most would probably consider Drake has having the better discography.

Influence wise though there is no doubting Rakim changing the game and advancing rap flow and lyric wise. Drake IMO can't compare in that regard.
I think it depends on who you have in the room. None of my peers would think Drake had the better songs though.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

The comparison is beyond ridiculous someone thinking Drake had more impact is totally reasonable

“Rakim was considered to drop classics and Drake albums are viewed as flawed” :dwillhuh:

they both have classic albums and have huge influences and impact over there careers

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
But this is all preference.
Catalog is preference, but that should already be implied when I'm speaking, I'm talking about for me.

If Rakim doesn't exist and change the way people rhyme, pretty much every person that influenced Drake to rap wouldn't even exist in Hip Hop.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Catalog is preference, but that should already be implied when I'm speaking, I'm talking about for me.

If Rakim doesn't exist and change the way people rhyme, pretty much every person that influenced Drake to rap wouldn't even exist in Hip Hop.
That’s all conjecture

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
JT saying they would have hits if the world was open is nonsense

they have two hits and one of those features Cardi B

city girls problems is that their fanbase isn’t that big

EDIT: Mal is right :ohhh: on this convo. A hit is a hit.

Summer Walker was 2019 not last year

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That’s all conjecture
Even if the part about them not existing is conjecture, the statement Rakim literally changed the way people rhymed and structured their bars which was the blueprint and standard for the modern rap style for the next 25 years is fact based. People changed how they rhymed completely after Rakim dropped. From every region.