The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You left out the most important reason. HE DOESNT LOVE THE GIRL HES ENGAGED TOO! According to the internet anyway, I dont know anything about that, but that plus all the reasons you mentioned has to suck
He shyts on her and the relationship evertime he brings it up. If he's not miserable with that girl, then I don't know why he goes out of his way to make it seem like he is.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
You left out the most important reason. HE DOESNT LOVE THE GIRL HES ENGAGED TOO! According to the internet anyway, I dont know anything about that, but that plus all the reasons you mentioned has to suck
Aaaaand this is where the internet jumped out the window

We dont know shyt about what's really going on, yall nikkas just so bored yall reading into the jokes too hard....even if it is true so what? Got nothing to do with us or the podcast really

You put that shyt in all caps then proceeded to say you didnt know :dead: do yall spread gossip like this irl?

mrjoncampbell

mrjoncampbell
Daps
Reppin
London
I think that goes more to point that they should venture out more to pre-made topics that aren't based in what's happening now and open it up more to broader set topics about music, life, personal opinions etc...rather than discuss Shaderoom/gossipy topics for hours.

I agree. The once a week format would’ve suited the dry moments the pandemic has inevitably brought.
I’m sure Joe has said something along the lines of the goal this year is to not be dictated by the news and be their own “flow”. So let’s see

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
random: I can completely see why Rory is depressed. Aside from his terrible bowels, he went from touring with the pod, doing Dussepalooza, just general hanging out with family and friends to a screeching halt to being around his lady for most part. So whatever little quirks or annoyances he tolerated are now enhanced because he can't get away.

I think thats something everyone in relationships can relate to.
I think a huge part of it is that there is a large number of people who stay busy and on the move to run away from their underlying mental health issues. Hell I fall into that boat. Where if you're stuck just sitting around the house just thinking you can work yourself into a funk. When you're forced to sit your ass down you start to evaluate your life and amplify all the things you are unhappy with or unfulfilled with and it can take you to some dark spaces.

When I moved around the age of 30 to be near my daughter's I was in a whole new city. I went from being out 5 or 6 nights a week before the move to hardly leaving the house due to knowing no one. That was the first time I ever dealt with depression in my life.

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
The Rory/Sam relationship jokes. I think Rory saw the reaction from IG/Reddit/Youtube and continues to run with it.

I think there's some truth, just based on they got engaged and moved in together right as the pandemic hit. Now they stuck in an NYC apt together 90% of the week. That shyt can be a wild strain on a relationship.

I've told all my boys, live together before you get married. The ones that didn't listen were divorced within 5 years. Big difference after a fight between im going home and I'm going to the couch :francis:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
they really should revisit topics they (specifically joe) said they'd get to at another time. Like they wanted to deep dive on Cam I believe, or other emcee's discogs.

Funny moments aren't as frequent in general anymore...and a lot of their takes are trash (playing devil's advocate or mot, as they sometimes claim to be doing)
This is something fans asked them to do like 3 years ago. They claimed they couldn’t do it because Spotify only allowed them to do 2 brand new, “live” episodes to be released every Wed and Sat.

They’ve been “free agents” since Sept, yet haven’t done anything differently since. They complained about 2 new episodes a week, but are still doing it...and in a very lackluster way.

So why not take the time to do your necessary research collectively on those revisited topics, and release those individual episodes as one of the week’s two episodes every now and again...especially during this pandemic.

Whether it’s because they’re waiting for their new “deal” or because they’re lazy or because they’re just over the business dealings and fan criticism...they simply don’t want to / care to improve the quality of the show.

“It’s over” -Big Boss

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
The Rory/Sam relationship jokes. I think Rory saw the reaction from IG/Reddit/Youtube and continues to run with it.
Im sayin :dead:

nikkas in here having a whole breakdown of his relationship, they're living vicariously through......Rory of all people

Even by forum standards that's lame af

I just wanted to know if the latest ep was worth the listen or not smh :snoop:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Aaaaand this is where the internet jumped out the window

We dont know shyt about what's really going on, yall nikkas just so bored yall reading into the jokes too hard....even if it is true so what? Got nothing to do with us or the podcast really

You put that shyt in all caps then proceeded to say you didnt know :dead: do yall spread gossip like this irl?
Ak wasn't lying. he might be an instigating leech sometimes but he wasn't lying. Those "jokes" add nothing to the show + only ain't shyt women wouldn't question stuff like that being said in the open. so are we to assume that Sam is an ain't shyt thot?

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
random: I can completely see why Rory is depressed. Aside from his terrible bowels, he went from touring with the pod, doing Dussepalooza, just general hanging out with family and friends to a screeching halt to being around his lady for most part. So whatever little quirks or annoyances he tolerated are now enhanced because he can't get away.

I think thats something everyone in relationships can relate to.

A lot of relationships haven't made it through the pandemic specifically because of the reasons you mentioned.

Rory probably wasn't ready to get engaged but more than likely got peer pressured into it :manny:.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
Mal is a c00n. if you call him out on the socials, he will block you. He's is a privileged c00n

but he’s the first one to say social media doesn’t effect him and that he doesn’t care about what people say on there lol