The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Joe kinda caping for that white thug who was shot dead at the capitol :scusthov:

and the narrative that joe has been trying to push that Ashanti is literally running away from keyshia cole like keyshia has a Michael Jackson level catalogue is so fukkin stupid

I think you're confusing having empathy with "caping." Did you hear him defend anything she did? I didn't.

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
this thread really got me thinking:jbhmm:

what is it that makes us listen to the show, only to come here and complain about it?

and im not knocking anybody because ive done it and stopped posting as much once i realized I kept coming here to post about what i didnt like, instead of what i did

its just interesting

like, what causes us to convene here out of love for the show only to end up listening week to week, to bash it:patrice:

i still listen because its entertaining (when they keep it light) and a way to pass the time at work or background fodder when im playing 2k

and i've started fast forwarding segments once I get annoyed...but that urge to come in here and commiserate...what is that?

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

what is it that makes us listen to the show, only to come here and complain about it?

and im not knocking anybody because ive done it and stopped posting as much once i realized I kept coming here to be negative

its just interesting

like, what causes us to convene here out of love for the show only to end up listening week to week, to bash it:patrice:

i still listen because its entertaining and a way to pass the time at work or background fodder when im playing 2k

and i've started fast forwarding segments once I get annoyed...but that urge to come in here and commiserate...what is that?
It's not just this show. Fans of all shows do that. Go on reddit for damn near any show and a nearly all of them are filled with people complaining about shows. It's one of those things where a lot of shows become stagnant or fall off but most of the viewers have been fans for so long that they watch out of routine or habit and just hoping they regain that magic.

I've finally given up on this podcast cause while each show still has some funny moments there is just too much filler and wasted time. They really need to cut this shyt down to at least two hours per episode. But it took me a long ass time to finally bail on the show.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
It's not just this show. Fans of all shows do that. Go on reddit for damn near any show and a nearly all of them are filled with people complaining about shows. It's one of those things where a lot of shows become stagnant or fall off but most of the viewers have been fans for so long that they watch out of routine or habit and just hoping they regain that magic.

I've finally given up on this podcast cause while each show still has some funny moments there is just too much filler and wasted time. They really need to cut this shyt down to at least two hours per episode. But it took me a long ass time to finally bail on the show.
I spent the last 3 seasons hate watching Power. This is definitely something that happens with every show like you said.

Moesha’s Overbearing Dad

Go to your room Miles
Daps
Reppin

and im not knocking anybody because ive done it and stopped posting as much once i realized I kept coming here to post about what i didnt like, instead of what i did

its just interesting

i still listen because its entertaining (when they keep it light) and a way to pass the time at work or background fodder when im playing 2k

I've never commented on this thread but I do read through it and understand some of the gripes listed.

I think the pod is losing is magic because the world has changed and it's forcing them to talk about things they (well outside of Parks) don't have a grasp of..
When it was the regular degular shyt pre-covid and it was light hearted and just jokes.. it was like we were just chilling with the fellas or hanging at the barbershop.. I've heard worse sports and music takes there then on the pod.. but now that the world has shifted they are speaking on things weekly that they don't put the work in to research.. and quite frankly I don't come to the pod for that..

So I see alot of you guys frustration when I read this thread.. sometimes I'll read through here before I even play an EP now just too see if it's worth listening two.. I usually save Saturdays EP for Monday to get me thru the workday

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

its just interesting

that just entertainment...when you really like something and then watch it slowly decline in its entertainment value. You still wanna find those really great moments between the bad ones.

Like Fresh said with Power...When Power is good, its REALLY good. When its bad, its terrible.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
random: I can completely see why Rory is depressed. Aside from his terrible bowels, he went from touring with the pod, doing Dussepalooza, just general hanging out with family and friends to a screeching halt to being around his lady for most part. So whatever little quirks or annoyances he tolerated are now enhanced because he can't get away.

I think thats something everyone in relationships can relate to.

Daps

its just interesting

It’s a humble realization to realize you’re a customer. No disrespect to you because you made a concerted effort to switch up. It’s like when nikkax complain about shyt only to pay it attention

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that just entertainment...when you really like something and then watch it slowly decline in its entertainment value. You still wanna find those really great moments between the bad ones.

Like Fresh said with Power...When Power is good, its REALLY good. When its bad, its terrible.

Very good points.

I'd also add that if you are someone who was an earlier listener, and I think I was in from episode 1 with the Marisa Mendez shyt, you, probably wrongly and irrationally, feel a certain ownership of it. Same with an artist, TV show, etc. You're more inclined to stick with it and ride out the "bad shyt".

We all probably have artists who if you asked us a straight yes or no question, we'd say we're fans of, but we'd recall probably disliking or at least feeling indifferent about some of their output, and yet we keep listening :yeshrug:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
As someone who watching/listened from the first episode, shyt since the pre-first episode when he announced it on the Juan Epstein podcast, the show hasn't grown. The topics are mostly centered around pop-culture and R&B, and popular Hip Hop acts, with some world events/political commentary thrown in. It's more stagnant than "bad" to me. The only thing that might have fallen off noticably to me, is it's not as funny as it used to be. I used to literally be in tears laughing at some of their shyt. Now most episodes I get a couple of funny moments but nothing that makes me want to go back and listen again. I used to wait for the video to drop on Youtube because I wanted to see their reaction during some of the funniest parts. Now I can't even remember the last time I went to Youtube to watch a moment. That aspect has hurt it. I used to be able to get through an entire episode straight through. Now it takes multiple days for me to get through one episode. If you're not gonna be funny, at least make the topics interesting.

The one suggestion I make is they should come into episodes with more pre-made topics that don't revolve around what's happening right now, and more open discussion on a specific topic. Whether it be personal, music related, sports, historical etc..but something other than Shaderoom Tea, some lyrical deep dive into a new single from Drake or the City Girls, or them talking about artists splits/DSP, or them spending 40 minutes discussing an R&B act that sounds like the last 20 R&B acts they talked about before that has made the same song 50 times.