The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish they had better timestamps on the whole video, because I'm at the point where I can't listen to their social issue or political takes in any way. With the exception of Parks they all come off like super uninformed idiots, yet when they get going on those subjects you can tell they aren't in on the joke. They truly think they're providing deep content.

The music industry banter is what I come for and it feels like as time goes on we're getting less and less of that.

And don't get me started on Joe's TV show takes. This Is Us? A Million Little Pieces? Dude has the taste of Midwestern soccer mom.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I wish they had better timestamps on the whole video, because I'm at the point where I can't listen to their social issue or political takes in any way. With the exception of Parks they all come off like super uninformed idiots, yet when they get going on those subjects you can tell they aren't in on the joke. They truly think they're providing deep content.

The music industry banter is what I come for and it feels like as time goes on we're getting less and less of that.

And don't get me started on Joe's TV show takes. This Is Us? A Million Little Pieces? Dude has the taste of Midwestern soccer mom.

You hating on This Is Us fam?

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

The first full week of the new year and Joe gives his take on it. He also asks the guys what the first week has taught them (6:27). In addition, everyone reacts to the U.S. Capitol building being breached by Trump supporters and share's their theories on how something like this could happen (26:09). While revisiting a previous conversation, Joe and Rory still believe that Ashanti is avoiding her Verzuz battle with Keyshia Cole (1:05:06). Also, the guys highlight Jazmine Sullivan's new EP "Heaux Tales" (1:20:20), an update on Nicki Minaj vs Tracy Chapman sample dispute (2:15:38) and a discussion on the Black Eyed Peas not being considered a black rap group (2:36:40) and more! Sleeper Picks Joe | Jazmine Sullivan - “Girl Like Me” (Ft H.E.R.) Rory | Mac Ayres - “Where U Goin’ Tonight” Mal | Uncle Murda - “Russian Roulette” Parks | J Dilla & MF Doom - “Sniper Elite”

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
Joe kinda caping for that white thug who was shot dead at the capitol :scusthov:

and the narrative that joe has been trying to push that Ashanti is literally running away from keyshia cole like keyshia has a Michael Jackson level catalogue is so fukkin stupid

Last edited:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
its always been amusing to me that never, never not once has the description for an episode ever made this podcast sound appealing.
if you went off of that you'd never listen to the podcast.

I've finally caught up and outside of episode 401 which was funny, they're on their worst run of episodes since the Smollet thing and R Kelly doc shyt were they ran those terrible topics into the ground for like five episodes. I'm not even somebody thats critical or serious about it either. shyt just a dumb show that I have on the background while doing stuff but yeah, its been dull. I skim forward or just tune out at any mention of a verzuz or chathouse.

Joe only got energy when it's time to talk about him fukkin..he's if Marissa was given "A mic" at this point, Rory's fed up, Parks sticks out like a sore thumb because he's not really changed and has actual common sense and we know Mal's a whole clown that should be laughed at this point but on Wed's episode he was genuinely dislikable.