The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Xs rise was bigger, and shyt he had a probably more dedicated fanbase and that’s saying a lot because Juice rose quickly and gained a loyal fanbase before his death as well. With that said Lucid Dreams was bigger than any X song before his death, and X couldn’t be bigger because of his charges and shyt. That’s why Xs posthumous albums like Skins sold well but nowhere near Juice album or Pop Smoke, even though he is by far the more interesting artist than the other two, his charges and what people think he was holds him back
Both X and Juice got most of their success from outside the hip hop stratosphere. That's why you have people thinking x was never that popular when he was going platinum before he died, hip hop fans weren't the ones listening to him so his stardom seems strange, almost plant like from the perspective of the average hip hop fan. Same thing with juice, you would have never know just how big he was if you only paid attention to hip hop.

That's what makes someone a popstar in my opinion. Popularity and support across musical boarders. DaBaby might be more popular than they were among hip hop fans, gets more play on hip hop platforms, but I dont know if people outside of rap really know his music like that. Most of his fanbase seems to be fans of hip hop.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Both X and Juice got most of their success from outside the hip hop stratosphere. That's why you have people thinking x was never that popular when he was going platinum before he died, hip hop fans weren't the ones listening to him so his stardom seems strange, almost plant like from the perspective of the average hip hop fan. Same thing with juice, you would have never know just how big he was if you only paid attention to hip hop.

That's what makes someone a popstar in my opinion. Popularity and support across musical boarders. DaBaby might be more popular than they were among hip hop fans, gets more play on hip hop platforms, but I dont know if people outside of rap really know his music like that. Most of his fanbase seems to be fans of hip hop.
I think both X and Juice had Hip Hop fans though tbh, most actual hip hop fans don’t like Da Baby’s music anymore and think he’s garbage this year.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Roach Lord
l5JbVix.png

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
They’re R&B sleepers are dope.

:manny:
Sometimes man. I won’t lie I soured on R&B circa 2006ish to me fell off cause I feel dudes(more so) and females are kinda :unimpressed: though I fukks heavy with Snoh, Giveon and a few others.

I understand Joe being salty cause his bars imo are unmatched not by many ever and he had that emo shyt that developed himself a cult following but seeing Guys like Drake and Cudi kinda take some elements of that and have more musical and good other success that lapped his 200 times over gotta burn his soul.. I’m sure he acknowledges Drake as a solid artist but the person that he is... we all know he fukken Hates Drake guts at least has disdain :heh:

And on the “goon” music tip, while that wasn’t a thing when Joe was around... his Clue shyt, Triangle Offense run and just lyrically the way he was able to convey his message was technically better than pretty much all of them( Benny,Freddie and a couple others may have an argument) ...

I understand Joes Saltiness, cause he probably feels he spits better than pretty much all of these nikkas(95 percent at the very least) but his music career didn’t have the sustainability mixed with “commercial” success and though he did carve a lane and found his niche outside of music, he grew up on this hip hop shyt man .. his lack of commercial success and being known as the “Pump it up Guy” now Hip Hop’s Howard Stern/:sas1: has to really burn the shut out of his Soul.