The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both X and Juice got most of their success from outside the hip hop stratosphere. That's why you have people thinking x was never that popular when he was going platinum before he died, hip hop fans weren't the ones listening to him so his stardom seems strange, almost plant like from the perspective of the average hip hop fan. Same thing with juice, you would have never know just how big he was if you only paid attention to hip hop.

That's what makes someone a popstar in my opinion. Popularity and support across musical boarders. DaBaby might be more popular than they were among hip hop fans, gets more play on hip hop platforms, but I dont know if people outside of rap really know his music like that. Most of his fanbase seems to be fans of hip hop.
This is right but kinda off

Everybody is a hip hop fan these days. People just don't realize the scale and amount of sub genres it has now

By virtue of this X/Juice fans are hip hop fans. White kids don't grow up listening to rock anymore

Step outside the box and you'll see how much hip hop truly took over everything

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
damn that nicca joe was spittin in his sleeper. i'm ashamed to not have known pre and post pump it up joe
The problem with Joe was he switched styles multiple times and the way he rapped on his most popular songs was nowhere near what his hardcore fans loved him for. I didn't give a damn about Pump It Up or Fire but when I heard Walk With Me, 10 Minutes, and Calm Down I became a huge fan. He had his punchline style, his club record flow, and his mixtape style. Most were exposed to the first two and wrote him off and never heard his best music.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

CashApp proves why it's one of the most forward-thinking companies with its latest deal with Tidal (26:24). Lil Wayne sells 1/3 of Drake and Nicki Minaj's catalogue (57:44), the guys discuss the most sampled songs in Hip Hop (1:17:15) and Joe begs people to stop giving clout chasers attention and more (1:18:55)

Sleeper Picks On this episode:
Joe | O.C. - “Time’s Up”
Rory | Nate Dogg - “I Need A Light” (Ft. Warren G)
Mal | Whodini - “I’m a Ho”
Parks | Kool G Rap - “Fast Life” (Ft. Nas)

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Mal is a piece of shyt for that bailout convo.

First of all, the bailout money is NOT the same bill as the actual budget for the government. So no, Biden isn't funding fish you fukking idiot. Trump is still president. Goofball dumbass.

Then he says people are out shopping and he's confused where the money is coming from.

What?!

Then his man Trump ain't sign the fukking $2K bailout, then "all sides are bad"

WHAT?