The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
I agree with rory on the popstar point even if his argument is flawed.

To me a popstar is an artist that's well known and loved across different genres of music. While dababy is a popular rapper, I dont think he's at the level where people who dont even listen to hip hop is familiar with his music.

Juice wrld and xxxtentacion were popstars, they transcended hip hop music.

Da Baby is bigger than both of them ever were :dahell:

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
These dudes really can’t tell which character fukking Chet Hanks is :snoop:

This is one of those times where a fact check or effort would be good. Hearing these guys try to work through this in real time like retards with a can opener is unbearable

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Dababy is pop star and a superstar

the only people bigger than him at this point are the transcendent mega stars

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Joe thinks being contrarian on everything makes shyt interesting... sometimes you just sound insane lol... especially when you’re not even being sincere with it
And cause he ain't smart enough to articulate the arguments he believes in much less when playing devil's advocate. Ends up in a lot of yelling of random words.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Joe is right. His cohosts need to step it on on the engagement.

I also again peeped Mal's "demo-rats" little comment. Maga bootlicker :mjpls:
I can't say he's right when everytime they get to talking he cuts them off or inserts himself in before he forgets his thoughts. Or when they talk about something he isn't necessarily interested in he just changes the subject instead of adapting and giving his perspective.

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And cause he ain't smart enough to articulate the arguments he believes in much less when playing devil's advocate. Ends up in a lot of yelling of random words.
That’s the thing too... even when he’s serious he doesn’t get his points off well. You dead ass right ... and when he forces opposite opinions just to get banter going it’s even worse... cause he legit doesn’t care... disagreeing on shyt doesn’t always make good content... half the time the other 3 are like wtf??? Then he gets mad because he feels dumb... and starts arguing about how they talking to him:laff:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Dababy is pop star and a superstar

the only people bigger than him at this point are the transcendent mega stars
He doesn't have a real fanbase though. Just big singles.. He doesn't have the staying power that someone like Lil Baby has.

Meh I don’t think he was tbh lol, their albums all moved similar numbers and I think Juice was the biggest out of anyone of them
X was definitely bigger than Juice imo.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
He doesn't have a real fanbase though. Just big singles.. He doesn't have the staying power that someone like Lil Baby has.

X was definitely bigger than Juice imo.
Xs rise was bigger, and shyt he had a probably more dedicated fanbase and that’s saying a lot because Juice rose quickly and gained a loyal fanbase before his death as well. With that said Lucid Dreams was bigger than any X song before his death, and X couldn’t be bigger because of his charges and shyt. That’s why Xs posthumous albums like Skins sold well but nowhere near Juice album or Pop Smoke, even though he is by far the more interesting artist than the other two, his charges and what people think he was holds him back

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
These dudes really can’t tell which character fukking Chet Hanks is :snoop:

This is one of those times where a fact check or effort would be good. Hearing these guys try to work through this in real time like retards with a can opener is unbearable
Chet is in the show but he's not the brother like Parks was saying. I think he was at the funeral b/c he's the best friend of the kid that died but you didn't get a clear view of him. Mal was right for once :heh: