The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Budden's talking about Rogan again. I thought Rogan was pretty clear in saying that the full interview videos will be exclusively on Spotify only, but the clips will still live on his YouTube channel after January 1st.

Rogan used to upload the full interviews on his JRE page, and all of the shorter clips to his JRE Clips YouTube page. But as of a few weeks ago he stopped uploading the full interviews on YouTube completely...and is now uploading interview clips only to his official JRE page. The last full interview he uploaded on YouTube was the Chappelle podcast a few weeks ago.

I think it's safe to assume that was planned.

Rogan's getting Spotify ads promoted all over the place. I don't see any other Spotify podcast ads anywhere (though they might exist). He's getting his Spotify checks, still uploading regularly and owns his intellectual property.

Budden and team are speculating...but are probably secretly praying to God that Rogan ends up hating his Spotify contract just to validate their decision to leave the company.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
It brings balance kinda. Rory and Joe play 2 r&b joints. Mal brings some street shyt, Parks plays backpacker shyt.

Rory largely plays hiphop on Saturdays
really, I have no idea why someone would hate it. They have their prefences and that bleeds into the variety pack they give the listeners as sleepers

nikkas is just nitpicky

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
- I agree that Ariana Grande is one of the best vocalists of this generation without question. Need a few more beautiful songs to cement her in any all-time convo though. She’s been too much on the trap beats and bullshyt songs lately though.

- Rory has to be trolling at this point with Da Baby not being a popstar. A popstar and a superstar are not always the same, and he keeps naming megastars as his comparisons.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
- Rory has to be trolling at this point with Da Baby not being a popstar. A popstar and a superstar are not always the same, and he keeps naming megastars as his comparisons.
I agree with rory on the popstar point even if his argument is flawed.

To me a popstar is an artist that's well known and loved across different genres of music. While dababy is a popular rapper, I dont think he's at the level where people who dont even listen to hip hop is familiar with his music.

Juice wrld and xxxtentacion were popstars, they transcended hip hop music.

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
I agree with rory on the popstar point even if his argument is flawed.

To me a popstar is an artist that's well known and loved across different genres of music. While dababy is a popular rapper, I dont think he's at the level where people who dont even listen to hip hop is familiar with his music.

Juice wrld and xxxtentacion were popstars, they transcended hip hop music.

Da Baby has been on songs with Camelia Caballo, Dua Lipa, and other misc pop bytches. Juice Wrld was trending that way before he passed with features across genres. Nobody knows or gives a fukk about XXX, now or when he was alive.