The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
One thing about Rory I don't get is how he says Uzi music isn't made for him, nikka you are 3-4 years older than him:mjlol:
Close in age doesn't mean you relate to the style of music though. I know people in the their 20s and teens that don't like that style of rap either.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Took long enough for parks and mal to finally get at rory and joe for playing nothing but they boring obscure r&b shyt nobody cares about

Mal: u come in here every week and play this Kyle dion bullshyt..

Rory: and the following week it goes platinum

parks: no it doesn’t

:dead:
Glad they finally called them out on it.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
One thing about Rory I don't get is how he says Uzi music isn't made for him, nikka you are 3-4 years older than him:mjlol:

It’s cause he grew up in jersey and loves all the 90s shyt and older MCs more than the new stuff.

I got friends Rory’s age who like Uzi but the target audience of rory’s favorite rappers is 35-55 :russ:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Took long enough for parks and mal to finally get at rory and joe for playing nothing but they boring obscure r&b shyt nobody cares about

Mal: u come in here every week and play this Kyle dion bullshyt..

Rory: and the following week it goes platinum

parks: no it doesn’t

:dead:
It brings balance kinda. Rory and Joe play 2 r&b joints. Mal brings some street shyt, Parks plays backpacker shyt.

Rory largely plays hiphop on Saturdays

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I stepped out for a second, and couldn’t find the chat anymore, so I assume it ended, but here’s what I heard:

Non-Supporters:

People who agreed that the pod has been trash, were saying that they can tell that Joe and the boys be phoning it in a lot lately.

They don’t fact check shyt, yet say a lot of dangerous rhetoric with their large platform.

Some wondered if it isnt the podcast that’s bad, it’s just that they’ve grown out of the shyt that they’re talking about on a weekly basis.

They want more music reviews. Like actual ones, not industry shyt.

Supporters:

The people who support the show said that after 400 episodes, some shyt will be repeated over time, and they’re just in a slump at the moment.

They also said that even at its current state, it’s better than a vast majority of shows. You don’t get this entertainment on a weekly basis for multiple hours from many people

Some dude tried to compare the pod to coke lmao, he asked this girl, “if you were getting that pure white everytime you re-up, but then, the quality drops to 70%, but is still better than any other product, are you still copping?”

She said, “of course! Ima stretch it, flip it, and get my profit up!”

:mjlol: That shyt threw me off guard, I started dying

I read elsewhere that Rory was finally able to speak. Somebody brought up that they should go back to recording once a week and Rory said that the vast majority of fans want them recording twice a week. He said he was in the room to take notes and gather feedback on what people weren't enjoying about the show.

Smh @ that “reasoning” from the supporters. Some people will defend something they’re a fan of at all costs.

IMO a better analogy is a shytty sports team you’re a fan of. It’s great when they’re good, when it’s not you call the players out and when management tries to play fans like they’re dumb, down to earth fans see through it.

Unfortunately, the JBP = the New York Jets :francis:
I look at the pod as the Spurs. They were winning for a while. Looked to have a bright future with the Kawhi and Lamarcus pairing. Then you get the star player (obviously Joe) that throws a tantrum and decides fukk management and wants out. After that the Spurs have delivered some mid seasons since. I think eventually the podcast will fall apart and Joe will end up on a new team (probably with AK and win) while his boys left behind will struggle to make the playoffs.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I’ve always heard that version of This Christmas but never knew who did it. Anyone know?