The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
what they sayin? :mjgrin:
I stepped out for a second, and couldn’t find the chat anymore, so I assume it ended, but here’s what I heard:

Non-Supporters:

People who agreed that the pod has been trash, were saying that they can tell that Joe and the boys be phoning it in a lot lately.

They don’t fact check shyt, yet say a lot of dangerous rhetoric with their large platform.

Some wondered if it isnt the podcast that’s bad, it’s just that they’ve grown out of the shyt that they’re talking about on a weekly basis.

They want more music reviews. Like actual ones, not industry shyt.

Supporters:

The people who support the show said that after 400 episodes, some shyt will be repeated over time, and they’re just in a slump at the moment.

They also said that even at its current state, it’s better than a vast majority of shows. You don’t get this entertainment on a weekly basis for multiple hours from many people

Some dude tried to compare the pod to coke lmao, he asked this girl, “if you were getting that pure white everytime you re-up, but then, the quality drops to 70%, but is still better than any other product, are you still copping?”

She said, “of course! Ima stretch it, flip it, and get my profit up!”

:mjlol: That shyt threw me off guard, I started dying

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I stepped out for a second, and couldn’t find the chat anymore, so I assume it ended, but here’s what I heard:

Non-Supporters:

People who agreed that the pod has been trash, were saying that they can tell that Joe and the boys be phoning it in a lot lately.

They don’t fact check shyt, yet say a lot of dangerous rhetoric with their large platform.

Some wondered if it isnt the podcast that’s bad, it’s just that they’ve grown out of the shyt that they’re talking about on a weekly basis.

Supporters:

The people who support the show said that after 400 episodes, some shyt will be repeated over time, and they’re just in a slump at the moment.

They also said that even at its current state, it’s better than a vast majority of shows. You don’t get this entertainment on a weekly basis for multiple hours from many people

Some dude tried to compare the pod to coke lmao, he asked this girl, “if you were getting that pure white everytime you re-up, but then, the quality drops to 70%, but is still better than any other product, are you still copping?”

Smh @ that “reasoning” from the supporters. Some people will defend something they’re a fan of at all costs.

IMO a better analogy is a shytty sports team you’re a fan of. It’s great when they’re good, when it’s not you call the players out and when management tries to play fans like they’re dumb, down to earth fans see through it.

Unfortunately, the JBP = the New York Jets :francis:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

Non-Supporters:

Supporters:

Does the pod still drop on Saturdays?

Also, I do think some of the topics are immature. I skip a lot more than usual but I mainly just watch the Youtube Clips they put out now

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

The Verzuz-cast is back! Joe and the guys begin by recapping the celebration between a pair of legends (E-40 and Too $hort) and their favorite moments of the Verzuz (25:45). Joe then accuses Mal and Parks of having biased music takes and only supporting a certain style of hip hop, which leads to a heated debate (55:40) and Rory still doesn't believe DaBaby is a Pop Star during a conversation about revisiting bad takes from 2020 (1:08:49). The crew also shares their expectations for "Coming to America 2" (2:03:47), the return of the NBA (2:36:44) and MORE! Sleeper Picks Joe | Joe Budden - “I Wanna Know” (Ft. Stacy Barthe) Rory | Lo Boii - “Maybe” Mal | Kevin Gates - “Weeks” Parks | Flee Lord - “Wu-Lords” (Ft. Raekwon)