The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
The covid shyt was funny.

Ok I got there. That shyt pissed me the fukk off, I thought you guys were exaggerating in this thread.

I GET one thing that Joe said until he started turning it into a joke and railroaded the conversation when he remarked to Parks that it must be nice to have that much trust in the Healthcare system with the vaccine, and as someone who is nonblack, I empathize. But Rory jumped on it once he realized that Mal and Joe took a side and Rory is incapable of having an opinion on his own. And Mal once again becoming the most unlikable and stupidest man in podcasting....

His commentary on the shutdowns doesn't even dignify discussion. Dudes like him want to identify with everything Trump stands for WITHOUT standing next to him due to the social stigma/peer pressure.

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
I gotta say, they lost me too.

I was an avid lisener for like 3/4 years, every episode was my shyt. Idk what happened but it just stopped being exclusive and somethin I couldn't wait for. I'm at least 20 pods behind and idgaf for some reason

Same bruh. Haven't listened in over a month. Anytime I get the urge I check this thread and it convinces me to keep it moving....

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Same bruh. Haven't listened in over a month. Anytime I get the urge I check this thread and it convinces me to keep it moving....
I think it was cuz so much more was going on, current events really carried the show.

I'd hear random stories you've never heard, or I'd hear about some shyt that wen tdown that week and I'd be hype on some "I wonder what the pod is gonna say about this".

Then they became too cool to talk about current event shyt. They just sit there like "idc, I'm just gonna see how it plays out"

YourSavior

Your Savior
Daps
Reppin
BOSTON
crazy shyt is he said this stupid shyt literally 2 minutes after they was just saying RIP to Tiny Lister who died from covid complications

Mal has been on his Kelly Bundy airhead shyt for min but this mightve been his worst episode

that nikka legit might be retarded

I wish I wasn’t too lazy to show y’all nikkas how long I’ve been saying Mal is slow in this thread. Joe put him on the show out of love and feeling he was funny... but dude be stupid and disconnected AF. Even my girl clowns this too cool rikishi body ass nxgga

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
I think it was cuz so much more was going on, current events really carried the show.

I'd hear random stories you've never heard, or I'd hear about some shyt that wen tdown that week and I'd be hype on some "I wonder what the pod is gonna say about this".

Then they became too cool to talk about current event shyt. They just sit there like "idc, I'm just gonna see how it plays out"

Hate to say it but the popularity and then their relationships with others has really gotten in the way of the content. You can tell there are things they wanna say or they wanna go deeper on pause but they know they can’t because of who might be listening.

It’s funny they used to joke about ‘the ledge’ because now they won’t even come close to it. The closest they get to edgy lately is when they do it unintentionally, like Mal saying something stupid about Covid or voting, or Rory saying some women shyt that makes everyone wonder if this wedding will ever really happen.

I think the Spotify shyt took a lot out of them, those negotiations did go wild long and once they went public it was a shyt show. Lotta Joe’s dirty laundry got aired, that has to be exhausting. Last few weeks it feels more like these guys are showing up to work than it does just kickin it with each other, but shyt what should we expect?

It’s different from their ‘peak’ but I still enjoy it and listen pretty regularly. It happens w/ TV shows, musicians, etc.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

Covid strikes again and affects the schedule of the Verzuz battle that was set to take place this past weekend (December 12) between Ashanti and Keyshia Cole and Joe gives his theory on why it didn't happen (24:04). Joe also opens the conversation to acknowledge the 10 year anniversary of Diddy's album "Last Train to Paris" (35:18) and the guys congratulate Rowdy Rebel getting released from prison (46:38). Parks has something to celebrate as well with the release of his new album (1:12:17), a discussion on the Kith and Dipset collaboration which lead to a conversation about Kith over-saturating themselves with brand partnerships (1:37:36) and Akademiks gets confronted by Meek Mill and others upon joining the chatty house app (2:21:09) and much more!

*Potential Spoiler alert* "Your Honor TV series" - (2:06:46)

Sleeper Picks

Joe | Blxst - “Got It All” (Ft. Dom Kennedy)

Rory | Unusual Demont - “Amber”

Mal | Digga D - “Daily Duppy”

Parks | Parks & Passport Gift - “Home For Christmas” (Ft. Stove God Cooks)

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Not listened yet but.........Hold up they talk about 'Last Train to PAris'? shyt was not memorable :scust:
Don’t worry if Dirty Money was nice...

PTIk1u4.gif

they write checks :takedat:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I gotta say, they lost me too.

I was an avid lisener for like 3/4 years, every episode was my shyt. Idk what happened but it just stopped being exclusive and somethin I couldn't wait for. I'm at least 20 pods behind and idgaf for some reason

yea after the Spotify drama died down and they took that break I fell off. I think part of it is the oversaturation of podcasts and them mostly talking about industry shyt I don’t care about. It’s also been a slow year for entertainment.

as far as their music reviews I guess since we are mostly in the house they aren’t motivated to listen to much music.

all in all I haven’t finished a whole show in months

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Covid strikes again and affects the schedule of the Verzuz battle that was set to take place this past weekend (December 12) between Ashanti and Keyshia Cole and Joe gives his theory on why it didn't happen (24:04). Joe also opens the conversation to acknowledge the 10 year anniversary of Diddy's album "Last Train to Paris" (35:18) and the guys congratulate Rowdy Rebel getting released from prison (46:38). Parks has something to celebrate as well with the release of his new album (1:12:17), a discussion on the Kith and Dipset collaboration which lead to a conversation about Kith over-saturating themselves with brand partnerships (1:37:36) and Akademiks gets confronted by Meek Mill and others upon joining the chatty house app (2:21:09) and much more!

*Potential Spoiler alert* "Your Honor TV series" - (2:06:46)

Sleeper Picks

Joe | Blxst - “Got It All” (Ft. Dom Kennedy)

Rory | Unusual Demont - “Amber”

Mal | Digga D - “Daily Duppy”

Parks | Parks & Passport Gift - “Home For Christmas” (Ft. Stove God Cooks)

what theory is there to be had...Ashanti has covid, she's isolating to not expose anyone

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
they brought up a good point about Puff being able to market "unmarketable" rappers

but then it made me wonder....how/why did he pass on DMX for not being marketable:jbhmm:

it worked out tho..i cant imagine the Bad Boy version of X....
Puff hitting that
tenor.gif
in a glossy version of Get At Me Dog