The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
When I’m driving I’m listening to podcasts or YouTube.
I’m 30, usually when I’m partying it’s like a get together or kick back, like a game night, when music is in the background and nobody is really paying attention to it.
At home, I’m watching tv or Netflix before I just put on music.

Deadass only time I’m really listening to music is when I’m working out or I’m commuting and I’m caught up on podcasts.

it’s too much bad music out there for me to filter through and find good shyt on a regular basis
I've always had my own office at work so I used to have music going all day and then when I was playing video games I'd listen to. Then I switched to listening to more podcasts and rarely music. Now I'm back to more music since I'm burned out on podcasts for the most part..

The difference is though our livelihoods aren't bolstered by listening to music. Part of Joe's job is staying abreast to the latest in music. Let's just keep it real and just admit the nikka is lazy.. Everybody's complained about the podcast being stale and it's in part because they just show up and wing it every episode instead of being informed about what's going on in music and the world in general. Just quick twitter headlines.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Then just say you don’t like him gahhdamn :mjlol:

Cause calling zaytoven trash is objectively wrong. And just off the top of my head Ugh, Bricks and Lay Up are 3 songs that were all hot, all sound different and all diff artists.

He’s seen and made hits for too many sub-generations of Atlanta for anybody to call him trash.
Those early Gucci songs were good cause his sound was new but after hearing damn near the same beat for 15+ years I realize how much I don’t like his production

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Yo i just wrote a research paper on whst we do for the impoverished, and how the rich dgaf. Look at Joe during the convo about ye doing hourly workers dirty

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
I've always had my own office at work so I used to have music going all day and then when I was playing video games I'd listen to. Then I switched to listening to more podcasts and rarely music. Now I'm back to more music since I'm burned out on podcasts for the most part..

The difference is though our livelihoods aren't bolstered by listening to music. Part of Joe's job is staying abreast to the latest in music. Let's just keep it real and just admit the nikka is lazy.. Everybody's complained about the podcast being stale and it's in part because they just show up and wing it every episode instead of being informed about what's going on in music and the world in general. Just quick twitter headlines.
I’ve NEVER listen to the JBP for music review. Even when he wasn’t retired. I don’t even listen to their sleepers. I’m not wasting my friday listening to fast food music. And I ain’t gotta listen to the new Cudi album to know it’s trash :mjlol:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Mentioned the laziness a few pages back

You can damn near smell the lack of effort and dismissiveness

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I’ve NEVER listen to the JBP for music review. Even when he wasn’t retired. I don’t even listen to their sleepers. I’m not wasting my friday listening to fast food music. And I ain’t gotta listen to the new Cudi album to know it’s trash :mjlol:
That cudi isn’t trash and their sleepers aren’t fast food( I don’t even know what that means)

You sound like one of those stuck in the 90s nikkas

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
What the fukk that got to do with anything? If you're going to have a segment every show discussing new music then at least make an effort to listen to new music. It's a simple concept. Or just don't have those segments instead of wasting the listener's time by basically saying an album came out and giving a surface level ass review.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
What the fukk that got to do with anything? If you're going to have a segment every show discussing new music then at least make an effort to listen to new music. It's a simple concept. Or just don't have those segments instead of wasting the listener's time by basically saying an album came out and giving a surface level ass review.
The segment is funny bc you can tell they ain’t listen to that shyt. :mjlol:

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
That cudi isn’t trash and their sleepers aren’t fast food( I don’t even know what that means)

You sound like one of those stuck in the 90s nikkas
I’m 30 nikka. Stuck in the 90s where? I got a wife and toddler and I work a good amount of hours. I’m not jamming music at work, I’m listening to podcast. When it’s time to listen to shyt, I prefer a podcast over music, except in the gym.

when do you expect me to really vibe to music, especially when it comes to go? And I’m not saying I don’t listen to music, but I ain’t checking out random nikkas shyt and ppl music that I already know ain’t my preference

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Those early Gucci songs were good cause his sound was new but after hearing damn near the same beat for 15+ years I realize how much I don’t like his production

Id agree w/ you more if he didn’t have records like Lay Up and Ugh in the last 5 years. But I feel you. Just watch how you talk about southern legends :to:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I’m 30 nikka. Stuck in the 90s where? I got a wife and toddler and I work a good amount of hours. I’m not jamming music at work, I’m listening to podcast. When it’s time to listen to shyt, I prefer a podcast over music, except in the gym.

when do you expect me to really vibe to music, especially when it comes to go? And I’m not saying I don’t listen to music, but I ain’t checking out random nikkas shyt and ppl music that I already know ain’t my preference
You said you know cudi is trash and you threw out the cliche “fast food” music critique that has no real meaning

you’re not the only adult. It’s just that you don’t like music as much as others.

and this is the only podcast I listen to. I think I hate podcast

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mal was only right about one thing about the covid shyt, NY having "inside dining" out side is the stupidest shyt ever.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
Mal was only right about one thing about the covid shyt, NY having "inside dining" out side is the stupidest shyt ever.

That’s more on the restaurants trying to find loopholes in the mandates than it is on the mayor/governor...

those mini makeshift restaurants outside will be bushed soon..that isn’t outdoor dining