The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
He was on a podcast recently and stated how he tried to sign Joe and NORE early on but was vetoed by you know who or other forces. And probably did other things to lookout. But, when Joe signed with Spotify or when NORE got whatever podcast deal he got and Dame both asked them for the plug, he didn't even get a response. shyt, at least tell a nikka "no, I dont think its a good idea". I'd respect it more.

Joe half addressed in yesterday's pod. Something light. Not a big deal. I just thought it was interesting.

He has a personal relationship with Dame. Said he will call him to smooth things over.

I don't think its as big of a deal as you guys are making it out to be.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I really wish they would go back to listening, reviewing, critiquing and debating music with some personal stories mixed in

Recapping what happened on the timeline is played out at this point
you really want them to go back to doing hour long Partynextdoor reviews and 30 min Kelani lyric breakdowns :scusthov:

im good on the music reviews from these dudes

they are too out of touch to be consistently reviewing music

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
you really want them to go back to doing hour long Partynextdoor reviews and 30 min Kelani lyric breakdowns :scusthov:

im good on the music reviews from these dudes

they are too out of touch to be consistently reviewing music
No, Hell no. They use to talk about hiphop and give interesting takes and debates

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
No, Hell no. They use to talk about hiphop and give interesting takes and debates
when?

I been listening since the Marisa days and their music convos have always been trash

Mal the only one who actually listens to most of the current hiphop artists

the only time they can speak on music and actually have a somehwhat decent convo is when one of the big acts like Drake,Kanye,Kendrick,or J Cole drops or some old act like Tribe puts out a new project

with anybody else its just cliche bs "I skimmed thru it" "its was cool of first listen" "i didnt hear it yet,too much music dropped" "Kodak Black put something out,shot out to him"

Joe doesn't even pretend to listen to albums like he used to,he just flat out says he aint hear the shyt now :heh:

nikka didnt even know Uzi and Future put out a album.He then spends 30 mins acting like it came from left field and made no sense and this is the dude you want to discuss hiphop more? :heh:

but let them start talking R&B and they go in depth on the most random artist no one has ever heard of(not hating cause they've put me on to a few good artist,just stating facts)

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
He has a personal relationship with Dame. Said he will call him to smooth things over.

I don't think its as big of a deal as you guys are making it out to be.

I never said it was a big deal breh. I just said it was some lowkey sucka shyt. Yall dont want nobody commenting on shyt, huh? Lol.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I'm confused I thought this podcast was on hold because Budden has COVID????

I keep checking Spotify and forgetting :snoop:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
when?

I been listening since the Marisa days and their music convos have always been trash

Mal the only one who actually listens to most of the current hiphop artists

the only time they can speak on music and actually have a somehwhat decent convo is when one of the big acts like Drake,Kanye,Kendrick,or J Cole drops or some old act like Tribe puts out a new project

with anybody else its just cliche bs "I skimmed thru it" "its was cool of first listen" "i didnt hear it yet,too much music dropped" "Kodak Black put something out,shot out to him"

Joe doesn't even pretend to listen to albums like he used to,he just flat out says he aint hear the shyt now :heh:

nikka didnt even know Uzi and Future put out a album.He then spends 30 mins acting like it came from left field and made no sense and this is the dude you want to discuss hiphop more? :heh:

but let them start talking R&B and they go in depth on the most random artist no one has ever heard of(not hating cause they've put me on to a few good artist,just stating facts)
The podcast biggest moment was Joe’s review or views.

i feel like they use to actually listen and give reviews of albums and have debates

now it’s “everything is cool” , “everybody is great”​

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I never said it was a big deal breh. I just said it was some lowkey sucka shyt. Yall dont want nobody commenting on shyt, huh? Lol.

Nah you can comment/cririque/whatever. Its what we're here for

But that specific tropic, to me, isnt as big of a deal as people are making it out to be

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The podcast biggest moment was Joe’s review or views.

i feel like they use to actually listen and give reviews of albums and have debates

now it’s “everything is cool” , “everybody is great”​
Joe has said many times that the views review was scripted

is that what you want?Scripted reviews where Joe is just screaming and putting on an act to go viral?

if y’all looking for music reviews there are youtubers who do alot reviews like Meami,Mallory Bros,Shawn Cee,Complex Ambition,etc

I really don’t understand wanting people who don’t even listen to rap to review it