The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its literally like the party lines from back in the day...twitter with chatrooms. Its only “exclusive” cuz the shyt is still beta. Some of the rooms are really dope and informative and others are just filled with ppl who love to hear themselves talk and sound important. I was in a URL room with Lupe, Punch from TDE. Daylyt and a few other battlers/industry folk that wen from an informational discussion to a debate to a short cypher.

That sounds dope :ehh: If they wanna take off, they gotta add a Gangster Party Chatroom

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
So Joe's excuse for not passing off the plug was that things were bad 4 months in and/or he had the foresight to know what kind of people he was dealing with (yet still took the deal)? Lol

Not everyone's experience is the same as yours, man. Not everyone is crying about their Spotify checks. Yeah, we all know Dame and know he would have the potential to do the same shyt or maybe it works out for him in some degree.

In any case, its no reason to withhold shyt and refrain from letting a nicca make decisions on their own.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Its literally like the party lines from back in the day...twitter with chatrooms. Its only “exclusive” cuz the shyt is still beta. Some of the rooms are really dope and informative and others are just filled with ppl who love to hear themselves talk and sound important. I was in a URL room with Lupe, Punch from TDE. Daylyt and a few other battlers/industry folk that wen from an informational discussion to a debate to a short cypher.
They must have a sponsorship with them cuz why else would you blow up the spot like that

They got some wild fukkin rooms on there :mjlol: not the good kind

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
They must have a sponsorship with them cuz why else would you blow up the spot like that

They got some wild fukkin rooms on there :mjlol: not the good kind
Yea definitely got some bullshyt on there. Some of the rooms are just tired topics from twitter TL ($200 dates/black men vs black women bullshyt etc) but alot of rooms ive been in and engaged in are really dope and useful for creatives (i hate that fukking word cuz of the podcast lol)

Here’s some examples of the dope rooms though

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
So Joe's excuse for not passing off the plug was that things were bad 4 months in and/or he had the foresight to know what kind of people he was dealing with (yet still took the deal)? Lol

Not everyone's experience is the same as yours, man. Not everyone is crying about their Spotify checks. Yeah, we all know Dame and know he would have the potential to do the same shyt or maybe it works out for him in some degree.

In any case, its no reason to withhold shyt and refrain from letting a nicca make decisions on their own.
That kind of flew under the radar but that was Lame excuse from Joe

Mal called him out on it but Joe thought Mal was joking

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I really wish they would go back to listening, reviewing, critiquing and debating music with some personal stories mixed in

Recapping what happened on the timeline is played out at this point

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
That kind of flew under the radar but that was Lame excuse from Joe

Mal called him out on it but Joe thought Mal was joking

He knew what he was doing, lol. Slid that in right near the end when mf's was ready to "close it" at that point. Gave it half a bar, played shyt off, and switched gears. Let somebody have done that shyt to him though. If breh asked you for the plug 4 days after you got it, don't act like you were trying to protect him b/c even you aint know what you perceive to think you know at this point. Thats sucka shyt. For as much bullshyt as Dame be on, he do lookout for nikkas and if all he doing is asking you for a phone # or some shyt, nikkas can at least put breh in the room.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
He knew what he was doing, lol. Slid that in right near the end when mf's was ready to "close it" at that point. Gave it half a bar, played shyt off, and switched gears. Let somebody have done that shyt to him though. If breh asked you for the plug 4 days after you got it, don't act like you were trying to protect him b/c even you aint know what you perceive to think you know at this point. Thats sucka shyt. For as much bullshyt as Dame be on, he do lookout for nikkas and if all he doing is asking you for a phone # or some shyt, nikkas can at least put breh in the room.
And I doubt Joe was beefing 4 months into the deal with Spotify but even if he was that has nothing to do with Dame reaching out to you and then you don’t respond

Joe a clown for real

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Man fukk Dame. Dame fukks up everything. Ask Irv what happened last time he tried to get Dame in. Dash's whole thing is being the guy everyone did wrong but won't help.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Latest episode was pretty boring. The Verzuz talk was cool at the beginning but they admitted they don’t really know shyt because they ain’t from ATL so the discussion didn’t last long. The Government vs Tech talk was mad boring. Didn’t laugh much this episode besides the Megan Song names. Did they do sleepers or do I just not remember?

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Man fukk Dame. Dame fukks up everything. Ask Irv what happened last time he tried to get Dame in. Dash's whole thing is being the guy everyone did wrong but won't help.

People couldn't say the same thing about Joe? And yet they still lookout for dude. Nobody's saying you gotta write man a reference letter, go to the meeting with, etc.

I'm sure all fam wanted was a #. If Spotify chooses to turn him down, then cool, it'll be on his own merit. Just like when Joe's out here wheeling and dealing.

Iono bout you but I'm not in the business of shytting on a nicca who looked out for me just cuz public perception unless he did some straight foul shyt.

He aint give a dog a hand job or nuthin :dame:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
People couldn't say the same thing about Joe? And yet they still lookout for dude. Nobody's saying you gotta write man a reference letter, go to the meeting with, etc.

I'm sure all fam wanted was a #. If Spotify chooses to turn him down, then cool, it'll be on his own merit. Just like when Joe's out here wheeling and dealing.

Iono bout you but I'm not in the business of shytting on a nicca who looked out for me just cuz public perception unless he did some straight foul shyt.

He aint give a dog a hand job or nuthin :dame:
What happened with Dame? I haven't been peeped the Budden podcast in a month or so now.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
What happened with Dame? I haven't been peeped the Budden podcast in a month or so now.

He was on a podcast recently and stated how he tried to sign Joe and NORE early on but was vetoed by you know who or other forces. And probably did other things to lookout. But, when Joe signed with Spotify or when NORE got whatever podcast deal he got and Dame both asked them for the plug, he didn't even get a response. shyt, at least tell a nikka "no, I dont think its a good idea". I'd respect it more.

Joe half addressed in yesterday's pod. Something light. Not a big deal. I just thought it was interesting.