The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I believe the issue was that Spotify wanted them to read ads but not get any of the ad revenue.
That's not what joe said at all.

He said he was completely against the idea of ads being on the show because it fukked with the flow and listeners didnt wanna hear ads.

I bet he's willing to read ads now tho

:mjlol:

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
That's not what joe said at all.

He said he was completely against the idea of ads being on the show because it fukked with the flow and listeners didnt wanna hear ads.

I bet he's willing to read ads now tho

:mjlol:

Yes he has said that too. But for what it’s worth they basically just shout out cash app at the beginning of the show then off handed once or twice.

I listen to podcasts where guys will take 3-4 ad breaks that last 2-3 mins each.

And aside from that, I’m pretty sure he did also say Spotify wasn’t going to split ad revenue with them.

These guys talk twice a week for two hours each. We may be remembering different conversations, both things can be true.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
And aside from that, I’m pretty sure he did also say Spotify wasn’t going to split ad revenue with them.
I listen to every episode and I dont recall him ever saying anything about spotify not splitting ad revenue with him. Only thing I remember him saying is that spotify didn't know the culture to understand how sponsors would ruin the podcast. He even said that he was leaving money on the table by not including sponsors for the integrity of the show, and gave a number for how much they each could be making had he allowed ads tho I dont remember the specific amount. I believe it was something like 20k a month.

But let say they did. He was offered 20 million that nobody else is willing to give him.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jokes breh, you in here complaining about jokes .........jokes :aicmon:

It's a lightweight funny podcast between friends, why you taking this shyt so serious yo?
Nah its jokes but Joe a super passive aggresive ass nikka:russ:

When you known people like that you start noticing all the slick shyt they say

He got a million tells and it all really comes out when he's losing an argument

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Nah its jokes but Joe a super passive aggresive ass nikka:russ:

When you known people like that you start noticing all the slick shyt they say

He got a million tells and it all really comes out when he's losing an argument

Joe def be on some bullshyt and is a know it all passive aggressive nikka sometimes , it’s why I had to fall back on listening to his music back in the day but that convo about harden wall and them with the bulls intro was pure jokes and funnies.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I listen to every episode and I dont recall him ever saying anything about spotify not splitting ad revenue with him. Only thing I remember him saying is that spotify didn't know the culture to understand how sponsors would ruin the podcast. He even said that he was leaving money on the table by not including sponsors for the integrity of the show, and gave a number for how much they each could be making had he allowed ads tho I dont remember the specific amount. I believe it was something like 20k a month.

But let say they did. He was offered 20 million that nobody else is willing to give him.

I think he stepped on a few ads too. I remember him talking bad about desus and mero but i gogta verify that

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown

Meanwhile every podcast bigger than theirs and even the biggest on the planet have ads. Yet those listener experiences aren’t ruined.

But yes, Joe knows more than everyone else, and will singlehandedly change the industry...either now or in the long run. :yawn: