The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
More rappers are dying now, is more to Mal's point that he didn't get to finish.

1) More "street" people are rapping now, because it's easier to record a song now. You can make a whole album out your iphone. Back in the 80s and 90s, you had to go to a studio, find a producer, have records physically produced, sent out, etc...it was a whole process.

2) The closest thing we had then, to what's happening now, was Banging on Wax. Where nikkas was openly disrespecting sets/gangs. And almost all them nikkas off them albums are dead. But nobody really treated them like "real rappers" (outside of like Domino, Red Rum and 1-2 others). Now guys like that are regularly rapping and gaining a buzz, because of the era we're in and social media.

Also

I have no idea why Joe Budden thinks tech people have our best interest or thinks somehow they will be at the mercy of the people. We're too far gone for that. Whatever changes they make, we just accept and adapt to it because we're all addicted to our electronics. If they came out tomorrow and said "You can only post on IG if they hop on one foot and tap their head at the same time", it's gonna be hundreds of millions of nikkas jumping around like idiots while they post.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
More rappers are dying now, is more to Mal's point that he didn't get to finish.

1) More "street" people are rapping now, because it's easier to record a song now. You can make a whole album out your iphone. Back in the 80s and 90s, you had to go to a studio, find a producer, have records physically produced, sent out, etc...it was a whole process.

2) The closest thing we had then, to what's happening now, was Banging on Wax. Where nikkas was openly disrespecting sets/gangs. And almost all them nikkas off them albums are dead. But nobody really treated them like "real rappers" (outside of like Domino, Red Rum and 1-2 others). Now guys like that are regularly rapping and gaining a buzz, because of the era we're in and social media.

Also

I have no idea why Joe Budden thinks tech people have our best interest or thinks somehow they will be at the mercy of the people. We're too far gone for that. Whatever changes they make, we just accept and adapt to it because we're all addicted to our electronics. If they came out tomorrow and said "You can only post on IG if they hop on one foot and tap their head at the same time", it's gonna be hundreds of millions of nikkas jumping around like idiots while they post.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
He
This.

The quality of the pod isn't contingent on them having a deal or not. I don't know why brehs are equating the two.

EDIT: Also-

3xtr7fsm8uz51.jpg

:pachaha:
He needs to be careful them ig brawds been partying not giving a fukk he's going to catch rona again :snoop::snoop:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
They literally corrected themselves right after that and said it’s not dead just doesn’t have that light anymore which is true
That’s not true tho

Snap is still growing. It’s just that the old folks are no longer on there cause they moved to insta stories

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
That’s not true tho

Snap is still growing. It’s just that the old folks are no longer on there cause they moved to insta stories

Yeah people still use snap, but the organic usership or ‘clout’ amongst popular people isn’t nearly what it used to be. And that’s ok, I still use snaps w/ my friends and groupchats and diff broads I’m talkin to.

But the revenue growth I think is probably from all the bullshyt they’ve put around those targeted ad stories and carrying water for shytty publications like the daily mail who do stories now, not real organic user growth.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Joe sounds so dumb in this tech vs government argument :dead:

EDIT: Joe said he wanted all the tech bosses to unionize :dead:

He had to be trolling.

God lmao wtf am i watching? Votes don't matter now? Tech vs Gov conversation is an all time low from Joe.... I'll be back Saturday

That whole "votes don't matter" shyt is a product of Mal living in blue state New York.