The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its like they broke up with their girlfriend who they were living with, because they thought they were gonna get their own place. Only to find out that deal fell through so now they have to live in their car. Car = Youtube

...But that car is a big Bentley...and it's parked in a nice safe place. Youtube isn't exactly slumming it, some people make millions off of Youtube.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Facts, I love the pod, I don't really notice a decrease in quality or anything like some of these other posters say. I don't care about the behind the scenes deals or whatever as long as they can put it out. Its just crazy Joe made all that noise and has nothing to show for it.

Starting to think that media smear campaign worked. Dude has been looking stressed out, and that last pod was horrible from him. I put it on the fact WSG was there so he tried to act all extra. Yelling at Rory about introducing homeboy then talking about The Undoing half heartedly was whack.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Yo I can't front, its kind of funny that they still dont have a deal. They should have either negotiated better with Spotify, or just quietly and respectfully left that platform. Cause this is embarrassing, all they have is Youtube, a logo, and a cooler intro.
I feel the same way. on Saturday’s podcast Joe mentioned something about some things happening for them in January? we shall see.

...But that car is a big Bentley...and it's parked in a nice safe place. Youtube isn't exactly slumming it, some people make millions off of Youtube.
respectfully...this podcast is not and will not do those types of numbers on YouTube. Plus the podcast experience on YT isn’t the same because you can’t play any of the music. I’m not a fan, at least.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel the same way. on Saturday’s podcast Joe mentioned something about some things happening for them in January? we shall see.

respectfully...this podcast is not and will not do those types of numbers on YouTube. Plus the podcast experience on YT isn’t the same because you can’t play any of the music. I’m not a fan, at least.
I think they will. The podcast isn't based on the music they play at all. As long as his channel's content is pulling in close to 1 million views per week (the 2 shows plus the segments and shyt) he will see millions a year off Youtube. I'm not a fan of the podcast either, I never listen to the full shows, just the youtube highlights of the funny parts, but a lot of people seemingly really enjoy this podcast for some reason. Akademiks became a millionaire off youtube doing around the same numbers that Buddens does weekly. He should have took the Spotify deal, it was a no brainer, he wants to own his content like this is music or something, lol. What's the perpetuity value of a podcast that no one is rewatching or relistening to again after that week that the shows come out? Just take the money.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Rev

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
Yeah I can’t do hairy arms. I can’t do a hairy woman tbh. That’s one of my dealbreakers.

Next to bad hair, no style, & no rhythm.
You never dealt with a latina or an island girl then. One of my closest homegirls is PR and she had a complex about having arm hair cause men use to talk sh!t about it.
Took her til her mid 30's to actually comfortable with her self over it.

I'm a nasty old man now, Facial Hair is my only deal breaker :yeshrug:

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah but as nice as Bentley is, you aren’t supposed to live out of it. It’s still a car. If your homie had a nice ass Bentley but no house, would you respect it? Youtubers make millions off of YouTube. These guys are not youtubers. They just happen to be on YouTube. It’s different.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
they've always been scared to review albums...or give actual criticism.
Nah, Joe just got tired of taking heat for it. That used to be the highlight of the POD, but Joe finally realized sh!tting on his peers constantly was bad for business at some point. He still pops off, but even when he did it about the future album people in this thread said it's corny. So i think people just want him to hate on things that they don't like.

They are also still sponsored by Cashapp, which who know how much money that is, but it's been the only sponsor Desus and Merro have had for years now, so they're fine.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Nah, Joe just got tired of taking heat for it. That used to be the highlight of the POD, but Joe finally realized sh!tting on his peers constantly was bad for business at some point. He still pops off, but even when he did it about the future album people in this thread said it's corny. So i think people just want him to hate on things that they don't like.

They are also still sponsored by Cashapp, which who know how much money that is, but it's been the only sponsor Desus and Merro have had for years now, so they're fine.

For the first part I agree. It's clear that off the pod they give real criticism, but when the lights and cameras are on they leave it to Joe to say the real shyt while the other three play industry. Parks and Rory in particular still have to work with artist so I can see why they don't really get too honest.

Second part is cool too, but Desus and Mero had main jobs besides their pod. Whether it was Vice or Showtime.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Pod still great to me. I’m not sure what y’all are expecting. Long as I laugh and they crack some jokes and tell funny stories I’m good. Music convos cool most of the time and when joe go on a Spotify rant I just fast forward. Mal annoys me sometimes but joe and parks right usually right on his ass so it’s cool.

This.

The quality of the pod isn't contingent on them having a deal or not. I don't know why brehs are equating the two.

EDIT: Also-

3xtr7fsm8uz51.jpg

:pachaha:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Yeah but as nice as Bentley is, you aren’t supposed to live out of it. It’s still a car. If your homie had a nice ass Bentley but no house, would you respect it? Youtubers make millions off of YouTube. These guys are not youtubers. They just happen to be on YouTube. It’s different.
The difference is alot of those houses WISH they were youtube :mjlol: i get your point tho,

Still, if they had an actual deal with Youtube it would be bigger than any of these other platforms easily