The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Bossino

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Just being pointlessly bytchy and moody in general is his MO, he can't abandon that shtick, thats what saved his career (Everyday Struggle). When I heard dude call into Hot 97 back in the day at like 8am to say that he thinks the nudes that leaked of him were doctored, frontin because everyone was laughing at him apparently for having a small piece, I knew he was a different breed of person. He better keep doing and saying controversial shyt for attention, if it aint broke don't fix it.

Bolded is a major reason the black community is going to shyt so.....

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
The Fab shyt was and is so gross especially in this so called era of protect black women especially because her black father was trying to protect her. But she still and idiot for staying like she would still get money from him off the kids. The whole industry gave him a pass.
Swept that shyt right under the rug. Crazy what money does to people.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
I'm still enjoying the pod :yeshrug:

This probably goes against their ideals, but they need better structure and variety.

1. A guest once or twice a month.
2. A pod of all of the things that they've said that they're going to get back to. If Joe is too puss do a short segment at the end of sleepers.
3. Audience interaction. Let the people curate a couple of episodes instead of y'all talking about BS 24/7.
4. Involve Savon, Screen Man, Ian, etc. A different face/opinion every now and again wouldn't hurt.
5. Cut album reviews entirely. No one up there besides Park is a true music head, so you end up getting your average statements from Rory and Mal, thorough yet brief insight from Parks, then a hot take from Joe. They bring nothing new unless it's a huge artist dropping, and even then it's mostly Joe.

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Mal saying his cousins wrapped him up in a sheet and threw him over their shoulder like Jake the Snake Robert's snake might be the funniest shyt ever said on this podcast

:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:
Wait :dead:

Was this at the start when they were talking bout the honkey tonk man or is this later???

I checked out halfway thru the interview :russell:

Yecht

Superstar
Daps

This probably goes against their ideals, but they need better structure and variety.

2. A pod of all of the things that they've said that they're going to get back to. If Joe is too puss do a short segment at the end of sleepers.
3. Audience interaction. Let the people curate a couple of episodes instead of y'all talking about BS 24/7.
4. Involve Savon, Screen Man, Ian, etc. A different face/opinion every now and again wouldn't hurt.
5. Cut album reviews entirely. No one up there besides Park is a true music head, so you end up getting your average statements from Rory and Mal, thorough yet brief insight from Parks, then a hot take from Joe. They bring nothing new unless it's a huge artist dropping, and even then it's mostly Joe.

I've said before, music takes should only come on Wednesday pods. They record Friday nights, absolutely no way they fully listen to all the shyt that drops that morning, much less "sit with it". Its fine to discuss what dropped, but why give bogus takes? By Tuesday night when they record for Wednesday, they would have listened and relistened to the shyt they liked.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

Before they have more interviews they need to have someone teach them how to interview because they are really bad at it

it’s almost like they put no effort in the off time to make the pod better.

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
It’s hilarious how Mal has so many people in here so angry. Mal is a very uninformed person who hangs out almost exclusively with celebrities, rappers and ball players. One thing most rich people have in common is the desire to pay less taxes so the fact that he parrots a lot of the Republican rhetoric he hears from them should surprise precisely no one. Mal isn’t a bad guy by any stretch he’s just in a Republican bubble.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It’s hilarious how Mal has so many people in here so angry. Mal is a very uninformed person who hangs out almost exclusively with celebrities, rappers and ball players. One thing most rich people have in common is the desire to pay less taxes so the fact that he parrots a lot of the Republican rhetoric he hears from them should surprise precisely no one. Mal isn’t a bad guy by any stretch he’s just in a Republican bubble.
Mal isn’t talking about taxes he’s repeating alt right conspiracy theories

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Pod still great to me. I’m not sure what y’all are expecting. Long as I laugh and they crack some jokes and tell funny stories I’m good. Music convos cool most of the time and when joe go on a Spotify rant I just fast forward. Mal annoys me sometimes but joe and parks right usually right on his ass so it’s cool.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Pod still great to me. I’m not sure what y’all are expecting. Long as I laugh and they crack some jokes and tell funny stories I’m good. Music convos cool most of the time and when joe go on a Spotify rant I just fast forward. Mal annoys me sometimes but joe and parks right usually right on his ass so it’s cool.
Facts, I love the pod, I don't really notice a decrease in quality or anything like some of these other posters say. I don't care about the behind the scenes deals or whatever as long as they can put it out. Its just crazy Joe made all that noise and has nothing to show for it.