The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Joe doesnt wanna talk hiphop music in general, he’ll put forth effort for the rappers he likes but overall nah simply because he doesn't listen to most of it (admittedly) I dont blame him for that on most part.

“can we just make this a r&b podcast” its not a joke he’s making.
shyt I don’t blame him. fukk around and get killed out here cause you don’t like an album smh

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
A better arguement for Joe would be the fact that, by himself, Future has lost his "it" factor for making hits. He used to effortlessly run the clubs every mixtape and album. Now his stuff just comes and goes for the most part and he's a legacy act.

While they're logical, he's having to do all these collab albums to cover up for his lack of hits. "Mask Off" was almost 4 years ago. And even that came out in a dry spell for him because "Wicked" is almost 5 years old.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Joe doesnt wanna talk hiphop music in general, he’ll put forth effort for the rappers he likes but overall nah simply because he doesn't listen to most of it (admittedly) I dont blame him for that on most part.

“can we just make this a r&b podcast” its not a joke he’s making.
But most people don’t listen to R&B if you’re putting out something to an audience you really can’t just talk about what you wanna talk about

I don’t think they should do album reviews because they’re not good at it but if you’re just going to play it safe then don’t bring it up at all

This pod got big from being a reaction pod where Joe wasn’t afraid to make hot takes like someone mention earlier

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
A better arguement for Joe would be the fact that, by himself, Future has lost his "it" factor for making hits. He used to effortlessly run the clubs every mixtape and album. Now his stuff just comes and goes for the most part and he's a legacy act.

While they're logical, he's having to do all these collab albums to cover up for his lack of hits. "Mask Off" was almost 4 years ago. And even that came out in a dry spell for him because "Wicked" is almost 5 years old.
Joe doesn’t listen and understand rap enough to make this argument

I found it hard to criticize an entertainer that’s doing things to remain relevant because that’s what it’s all about really. You’re always trying to reach beyond your core base no matter where you are in your career

I have a thread on Futures lack of moving rap fans with a solo songs when it use to be effortless for him

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Joe new shtick of bullying his cohosts is corny especially since he is now scared to call out artists now.

he has to be the most difficult nikka outside of Dame Dash to work with. Not only is he a bipolar emotional wreck of a not so loveable loser that sabotages financial opportunities but now he wants to turn and shoot at his teammates. Rory white ass gone snap on him one of these episodes and I hope they don’t edit it out.

No way this shyt is still going by summer 2021

Daps
7:40

Dame signed Joe to rocafella and jay vetoed it. Joe didnt give Dame the spotify plug. Nore didnt either.

Dame to high in this.

Also I have heard Dame numerous times say he's done with the music industry etc and now he still has his feet dipped in the business, and a Rock Band? That's not his culture? :troll:

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
It’s crazy because that’s how the pod popped off with the views pod. Then he kept going hard with his unbiased opinion shytting like artist like Post Malone, Kanye, Big Sean, Chance the rapper. Next thing you the artist reaches out and he takes it back. Now he just keeps his mouth closed period.
I remember he went hard at Lyor Cohen about being a vulture and the 360 deals then he took it back and start calling him a businessman. Then he got on Atlantic Records about having a farming system where they got a bunch of premade songs ready for acts like Cardi B and Bhad Barbie. Then he walked it back because they started consulting with him. I think he’s about protecting his relationships because he didn’t go hard at Fab or Tory Lanez. He don’t want to burn no bridges now.

The Fab shyt was and is so gross especially in this so called era of protect black women especially because her black father was trying to protect her. But she still and idiot for staying like she would still get money from him off the kids. The whole industry gave him a pass.