The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
There's absolutely no situation where you end a contract, sign a new one with a new company, and can't publicly say you are at a new company. I swear Coli Legal Analysts come up with the silliest shyt :mjlol:

I work in an industry where I deal with non-competes all the time among high level Execs. Technically they can prevent you from going to direct competitors for a certain period of time, so perhaps they did get a bag with Apple but can't sign it for 6 months or something. But the day they do sign, it will be announced immediately. Also, non-competes are crazy hard to inforce, as US courts almost always back individuals ability to get income. :obama:

If anything they might have paperwork that prevents them from publicly disparaging Spotify for x amount of time, but Joe already burnt that bridge before he left :lolbron:

Unless your professional experience is in music/entertainment/etc. then it doesn’t really apply. It’s a completely different animal. Things like announcing deals and the buzz that creates can actually be considered ‘capital’

I work in tech and have dealt with my own as well as other’s non-competes and various types of NDAs in general. But My experience doesn’t parlay into music/entertainment at all.

Daps
There's absolutely no situation where you end a contract, sign a new one with a new company, and can't publicly say you are at a new company. I swear Coli Legal Analysts come up with the silliest shyt :mjlol:

I work in an industry where I deal with non-competes all the time among high level Execs. Technically they can prevent you from going to direct competitors for a certain period of time, so perhaps they did get a bag with Apple but can't sign it for 6 months or something. But the day they do sign, it will be announced immediately. Also, non-competes are crazy hard to inforce, as US courts almost always back individuals ability to get income. :obama:

If anything they might have paperwork that prevents them from publicly disparaging Spotify for x amount of time, but Joe already burnt that bridge before he left :lolbron:

You literally stepped on your own point by providing the exact situation that JBP could find themselves in currently. Its all speculation fam.

The example below is extreme and we are moreso looking at period of 30days to a year if it exists but these clause do exist in this industry and it would not surprise me one bit if this was the case.

The clause stated:

“During the period of your employment and for a period of five years thereafter, you hereby agree that you will not directly or indirectly engage in competition in any way with the employer by being associated with any business that the employer is already engaged in.”

Many professional musicians — due to the unique nature of the services they perform — are requested to enter into non-compete agreements.”

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Bruh they have made that a joke. Because the internet ran with it. Said out of his own mouth he did not ask for 250 mill. It’s easy to see when he says that he’s being sarcastic.
Bruh he just admitted he did ask for thag last pod

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Because it’s going to show he’s not worth what he says he is. If he under delivers patreon subscribers then he’s really fukked
basically it would prove he fukked himself over?? Now he's even reading ads. I think JBP could bring 5 mil a year on patreon. That's probably still less than what Spotify offered tho

Flagrant 2 bringing over 1 million per year on patreon. And that's not counting ads.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
basically it would prove he fukked himself over?? Now he's even reading ads. I think JBP could bring 5 mil a year on patreon. That's probably still less than what Spotify offered tho

Flagrant 2 bringing over 1 million per year on patreon. And that's not counting ads.
Maybe 5 million. But that’s splitting it 4 ways. Adds up to not much for anyone but Joe

should have took the Spotify deal

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Maybe 5 million. But that’s splitting it 4 ways. Adds up to not much for anyone but Joe

should have took the Spotify deal

How much was the spotify deal worth, what was the length of the contract, what were the terms. None of us can say they should have done this or that if we don't know what the deal was. Nobody has any specifics, just a bunch of guessing

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Bruh he just admitted he did ask for thag last pod
What annoyed me about the Quibi rant was that Joe still don't get that a lot of these companies spend money for growth potential. It's not just what can you do for me now but also if this is successful what's the best case scenario. With Quibi they were hoping to have the next netflix or Hulu and it takes money to make money. Spotify already knows the best case scenario of just the Joe Budden podcast. That's why their offer included other properties thinking those have untapped potential.