The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
I am for ownership but Joe is NOT

he wanted 250 mill from Spotify and felt disrespected when they gave the bag to Rogan and Simmons and then started screaming about ownership

Honestly I'm completely off the spotifiy 250 million or whatever shyt was months ago I don't care. All I was saying is someone should be allowed to change their mind (joe included). I can be for ownership and also be able to sell when the offer is right for me. I don't think that's hypocrisy, it's called getting the right offer. You made a point to say if someone offered Joe the rights to pump it up for 2 million he would sell it, is that a bad thing or something? It's not hypocrisy its common sense.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Honestly I'm completely off the spotifiy 250 million or whatever shyt was months ago I don't care. All I was saying is someone should be allowed to change their mind (joe included). I can be for ownership and also be able to sell when the offer is right for me. I don't think that's hypocrisy, it's called getting the right offer. You made a point to say if someone offered Joe the rights to pump it up for 2 million he would sell it, is that a bad thing or something? It's not hypocrisy its common sense.
It’s never a bad thing but when you’re screaming ownership over logic then I’m just want to see you be consistent

he mentioned the 250 mill in the last episode

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yall must not have watched the episode to be arguing about ownership

he stated that some offers go up to 200% so that means he could have sold 100% which is still 50% mainly to get samples cleared easily in one place... you also never know what deals are in place once that structure "owns" your music
you could also still receive residuals from each time they play or use publishing. This will already confuse some retarded posters on this website but :yeshrug: He also said selling shyt that aint hot anymore compared to literally selling a podcast thats doing numbers and climbing NOW, that's completely different.... you sound like you want that scottie pippen deal. If I sign to you for 50k views and now I'm making 500k views .... I want my ratio and worth... I'm not gonna let you finesse me into still paying 50k prices because your deal doesnt work by numbers. That's slavery and thief shyt. Selling off old songs that are dead for a lump sum is way different than being underpriced on something you are literally building as we speak.

:russ: Why do fans discuss shyt like this? Lol. Just enjoy the music man, or the podcast, damn. I blame them for bringing all them facts and figures and behind the scenes splits and shares and IP talk to the show tho...just be goofy and talk about funny girl stories and music and clown on each other. Listeners having managerial/CPA discussions about this shyt is f'n crazy.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
A lot of you nikkas keep saying Joe is Building something. What exactly is he building? No hate. Y’all talk like Joe Budden trying to change the game but all he does is make 2 podcast a week and slapped a new label on his YouTube.

Who in this thread is talking like that tho? Maybe during the heavy Spotify talks a few people were talking like that. Most of us just want a good pod that’s accessible and free.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
It’s never a bad thing but when you’re screaming ownership over logic then I’m just want to see you be consistent

he mentioned the 250 mill in the last episode
Why are you still talking about them asking for 250 mill when they’ve said that’s not true. It’s a joke on the podcast now and you talking as if it’s serious.

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mike Tyson podcast slap, what other pods slap? the Joe Budden podcast getting a lil stale. You can tell they ain’t feeling it no more because they said they was taking a week off and ended up taking month. The shows getting shorter, they don’t really like speaking on stuff no more because they’re protecting relationships. It’s just decent now, good for a few jokes.

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mike Tyson podcast slap, what other pods slap? the Joe Budden podcast getting a lil stale. You can tell they ain’t feeling it no more because they said they was taking a week off and ended up taking month. The shows getting shorter, they don’t really like speaking on stuff no more because they’re protecting relationships. It’s just decent now, good for a few jokes.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Joe's problem is he takes us listeners along for the the process of his moves (that are great in theory), but he has absolutely piss poor execution:snoop:.

After all that stuff he talked about Spotify,Charlamagne, networks & ownership...what does Joe have right now to show for it? With all eyes on him, he proceeded to WCW Shockmaster (wrestling reference) debut his first post-Spotify show by accidentally posting it on Spotify and having nothing else to show besides a new logo, a new intro & a female podcast. Underwhelming to say the least. What has he done that would keep any new eyes that were on him? If anything, it looks like he fumbled a corporate situation and didn't have any real competing offers from the others:beli:.

Even fans like me are :ehh: at catching up on new episodes after such a letdown and lack of :gladbron: content that they used to do before all the Spotify outbursts. What have they done to really up their worth since the return?

I'm rooting for Joe but he has absolutely the worst business execution I've ever seen. It would serve him so much better to move more in silence on certain things, especially corporate disputes. It honestly would have made more sense for him to just put the podcast on Youtube so that he could get all the money from it, have direct access to analytics, etc:manny:.