The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Even though I’m a bit skeptical myself, to be fair to Joe it’s only been a little over a month since the Spotify deal ended.

I think it’s a little too early to say whether it was the right or wrong move.

Daps
Has the the possibility crossed anyones mind that as part of the Spotify exclusivity the JBP is not able to announce a new deal publicly although it has been signed sealed and delivered?

This is common practice in this industry and doesnt seem to even be accounted for on here. Who knows what their plan is. It may be 3,6,9 or 12 months before they can even announce it publicly.

Too many people in here talking like facts without seeing any paperwork. It aint my money tho.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Why are you still talking about them asking for 250 mill when they’ve said that’s not true. It’s a joke on the podcast now and you talking as if it’s serious.
Did you listen to the last pod? Joe admitted to asking Spotify for 250 when talking about Quibi

Joe said “people made fun of me asking for 250 mill but I know I can deliver 1 million views to a platform and I know how much that’s worth”

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Did you listen to the last pod? Joe admitted to asking Spotify for 250 when talking about Quibi

Joe said “people made fun of me asking for 250 mill but I know I can deliver 1 million views to a platform and I know how much that’s worth”
Bruh they have made that a joke. Because the internet ran with it. Said out of his own mouth he did not ask for 250 mill. It’s easy to see when he says that he’s being sarcastic.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Bruh they have made that a joke. Because the internet ran with it. Said out of his own mouth he did not ask for 250 mill. It’s easy to see when he says that he’s being sarcastic.
Did you listen to the last episode? That was not sarcasm or a joke.

He also hinted at it before the rants when he said Joe rogan taken 100 milllion was putting a cap on the market

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Still listen to the podcast and it’s good for some laughs but lowkey feel like their peak was in the middle of their Spotify run.

The last few months there and these episodes back have felt a little forced.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Has the the possibility crossed anyones mind that as part of the Spotify exclusivity the JBP is not able to announce a new deal publicly although it has been signed sealed and delivered?

This is common practice in this industry and doesnt seem to even be accounted for on here. Who knows what their plan is. It may be 3,6,9 or 12 months before they can even announce it publicly.

Too many people in here talking like facts without seeing any paperwork. It aint my money tho.
i’ve thought about this too...wonder if there’s some sort of 90-day clause or something like that.
cashapp is a sponsor they chose tho. Spotify would have them reading all types of bs

it's funny to see a bunch of no money getting brehs try to tell money-getting brehs how to get money. None of us have near what that crew has, dont even lie
all podcasts, large and small, read all diff types of ads and many choose their own. It sounds like CashApp is holding them down and keeping the lights on though.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

Are you referring to a non-compete clause that prevents that? I've never heard of any kind of clause that prevents someone from announcing a new deal after a contract ends. Usually when a contract ends both parties are free to move on immediately after as long as terms of the contract are met. The only time I've seen what you're referring to is when one of the parties wants out of the contract early. Not saying you're wrong as I ain't up on entertainment contracts that deep just curious.

Daps
Are you referring to a non-compete clause that prevents that? I've never heard of any kind of clause that prevents someone from announcing a new deal after a contract ends. Usually when a contract ends both parties are free to move on immediately after as long as terms of the contract are met. The only time I've seen what you're referring to is when one of the parties wants out of the contract early. Not saying you're wrong as I ain't up on entertainment contracts that deep just curious.

exactly what i am referring to. Many of the agreements extend beyond contract, specifically in the music industry. Idk if thats the case here is just speculation.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
Joe will eventually make himself a fixture on the podcast he has with Mandi's from Whorible Decisions ugly ass.
he can't resist an extra chance to gossip and he won't be met with as much pushback as he could get from Mal and them.
The sheer volume of unearned confidence this chick has annoys me. When she was just a chubby light skinned chick that liked to talk about being skeeted on that was interesting and entertaining.
But the further she gets on her build a thot surgical enhancement journey and starts talking like she can only deal with NBA players and rich dudes now, she really annoys me.
She hasn't reached Crissle levels of annoying self importance yet, but I only listen to whoreable decisions if the topic or guest looks interesting.

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
exactly what i am referring to. Many of the agreements extend beyond contract, specifically in the music industry. Idk if thats the case here is just speculation.

There's absolutely no situation where you end a contract, sign a new one with a new company, and can't publicly say you are at a new company. I swear Coli Legal Analysts come up with the silliest shyt :mjlol:

I work in an industry where I deal with non-competes all the time among high level Execs. Technically they can prevent you from going to direct competitors for a certain period of time, so perhaps they did get a bag with Apple but can't sign it for 6 months or something. But the day they do sign, it will be announced immediately. Also, non-competes are crazy hard to inforce, as US courts almost always back individuals ability to get income. :obama:

If anything they might have paperwork that prevents them from publicly disparaging Spotify for x amount of time, but Joe already burnt that bridge before he left :lolbron: