The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Just started the latest episode. Man it seems like Mal will hit up with the “we’re in a pandemic nobody is outside” shyt one week and the next week will say something like “everybody’s outside nobody is worried about the pandemic” the other week? Could be just me lol
No it’s not you. I’m pretty sure everyone is this thread can predict how Mal will respond to any topic presented

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Surprised Joe doesn’t mind these people selling their entire catalogs to a company since his entire brand has been about ownership. All of a sudden if there’s 90 million on the table (which none of those guys got for their catalog), selling off all of your IP is fine :comeon:
Joe is a hypocrite and a narcissist

he has said he gets 20k per year from pump it up

if a company offered him 2 million right now for pump it up he would sell it

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Joe is a hypocrite and a narcissist

he has said he gets 20k per year from pump it up

if a company offered him 2 million right now for pump it up he would sell it

So if your about ownership are you not able to make a case by case decision anymore?

What would be wrong with him selling his ownership for pump it up if he was offered to 2 mil

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
So if your about ownership are you not able to make a case by case decision anymore?

What would be wrong with him selling his ownership for pump it up if he was offered to 2 mil
If he constantly rants about ownership then he shouldn’t be selling his ownership to anything

my point is that Joe doesn’t actually care about ownership

EDIT: Joe really related Quibi to him asking for 250 mill for a podcast :mindblown:

EDIT2: they related Shonda Rhimes feeling disrespected by Disney and taking the Netflix deal with them feeling this disrespected by Spotify with no other offers out there :mindblown:

Last edited:

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
If he constantly rants about ownership then he shouldn’t be selling his ownership to anything

EDIT: Joe really related Quibi to him asking for 250 mill for a podcast :mindblown:

EDIT2: they related Shonda Rhimes feeling disrespected by Disney and taking the Netflix deal with them feeling this disrespected by Spotify with no other offers out there :mindblown:

I don’t understand why you can’t be for ownership but recognize on a case by case basis sometimes it’s better to sell. I didn’t realize the two were mutually exclusive.

I don’t see the issue at all

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I don’t understand why you can’t be for ownership but recognize on a case by case basis sometimes it’s better to sell. I didn’t realize the two were mutually exclusive.

I don’t see the issue at all
I am for ownership but Joe is NOT

he wanted 250 mill from Spotify and felt disrespected when they gave the bag to Rogan and Simmons and then started screaming about ownership

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
Joe will eventually make himself a fixture on the podcast he has with Mandi's from Whorible Decisions ugly ass.
he can't resist an extra chance to gossip and he won't be met with as much pushback as he could get from Mal and them.

Last edited:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
yall must not have watched the episode to be arguing about ownership

he stated that some offers go up to 200% so that means he could have sold 100% which is still 50% mainly to get samples cleared easily in one place... you also never know what deals are in place once that structure "owns" your music
you could also still receive residuals from each time they play or use publishing. This will already confuse some retarded posters on this website but :yeshrug: He also said selling shyt that aint hot anymore compared to literally selling a podcast thats doing numbers and climbing NOW, that's completely different.... you sound like you want that scottie pippen deal. If I sign to you for 50k views and now I'm making 500k views .... I want my ratio and worth... I'm not gonna let you finesse me into still paying 50k prices because your deal doesnt work by numbers. That's slavery and thief shyt. Selling off old songs that are dead for a lump sum is way different than being underpriced on something you are literally building as we speak.

and segway into T.I ... I love him and listen to all his shyt
he doesnt have strong enough shyt to fukk with busta or even close to as many songs
you gonna play "what you know about that?" robin thicke and rubberband man against any Busta song and you take a big L rest in peace. Busta moves at a way different level and energy from any artist in the history of music. T.I doesnt even have 1 song that can match that energy... Busta has whole albums of that shyt. Even if you play Trap Back Jumpin or something harder, Busta's shyt goes 3x as hard on accident. Lowkey Busta would have washed Snoop too, besides the early doggystyle shyt... snoop would have to pull from smoother songs and it wouldnt go well if Busta kept the energy going. I posted 20 to facebook and none of them were even singles, Ante Up remix, Victory, Get You Some, Turn it Up, Fire, Nightrider shyt, you could probably win with just posse cuts with Busta without even touching his albums.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps

:mjlol:

He can't be serious.

Shonda negotiated in silence with lawyers and all that shyt as normal people do, agreed on the money, didn't fukk with their behavior and took another offer.
Joe made his negotiation into an entertainment segment on his podcast, didn't get the money and dipped offer less.

:mjgrin:

He's the worst with his comparisons.