The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Daps
It's funny how people keep asking the question "how does a company make money if the podcast dosent do ads"? My question is " how to did Spotify make 8 or 9 figures just off joe's podcast"? Then my mind goes back to the question that I believe Joe FINALLY got the answer to "HOW much is a stream really worth? Which is what the conversation is really based off . The companies get way more form the creators than what the creators get off a stream . If Joe is lying about making spotify 8or9 figures just off his podcast alone with NO ADs then spotify NEEDS to come and say that he is lying about that.

I'm not surprised when I looked up and "cashapp" started to sponsor the "pull ups" I'm not surprised hey went and talked to a room full back creators out in california that worked at a company that build website for people. I also think down the line they will be a sponsor as well . I just think how knows something that many don't know ...and it rubs people the wrong way . The ad shyt to me is just a smoke screen it's other easy these companies bare making money and just not saying and I think Joe found HOW they do it .

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
His sons, most notably Lonzo and Lamelo, would've been in the spotlight regardless of their father because they were elite NBA prospects. And Lonzo would've made more money without his father because he would've taken the Nike deal initially and not gotten injured so much during to wearing shytty shoes (Lonzo said he literally had to switch out BBB shoes at halftime because the shoes were so poorly made). Lonzo might still be in LA if he didn't get so many ankle injuries fukking with inferior BBB sneakers. And of course, Lavar's business partner and right-hand man scammed him out of millions. There's no question Lavar failed Lonzo, or else Lamelo would've signed with BBB as well. There's no success there.

And Lebron killed the one-and-done rule for Bronny, not Lavar. Come on man.

Yeah it became clearer at the end that he values the podcast at 250 million, but that's not the offer he's looking for. Think of it like that show Shark Tank. When people go up at ask Mark Cuban and co. for $100,000 for 25 percent ownership in their company, it means they value the company at $400,000. So if Joe says he values the podcast at $250 million, that means he'd ask a potential investor for $75 million for 30 percent ownership, as an example.

Which begs my question of how the podcast is supposed to make that much money if Joe won't do ads.
Nah you wrong. The hyped got lonzo into the number 2 spot. His dads mouth did it. Magic said he didn’t even wanna draft him and the jenny lowkey forced him to cause of his hype and being from la and how much money he coulda made off him. He wanted Tatum and probably wanted to keep d russ

and lonzo would have been in the AD trade regardless, regardless of his ankle injures him not being able to make layups, free throws or not being aggressive stops him from being elite. He was going for ad absolutely regardless.

Lavar got gelo in UCLA which he fukked up himself

and has hyped melo into a top 3 pick without playing against any real talent in years.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Nah you wrong. The hyped got lonzo into the number 2 spot. His dads mouth did it. Magic said he didn’t even wanna draft him and the jenny lowkey forced him to cause of his hype and being from la and how much money he coulda made off him. He wanted Tatum and probably wanted to keep d russ

and lonzo would have been in the AD trade regardless, regardless of his ankle injures him not being able to make layups, free throws or not being aggressive stops him from being elite. He was going for ad absolutely regardless.

Lavar got gelo in UCLA which he fukked up himself

and has hyped melo into a top 3 pick without playing against any real talent in years.

Lonzo entered UCLA as a 5 star prospect and became a national star immediately because of his play on the court. Obviously his dad being a snake oil salesman and going on every talk show helped, but Lonzo became a top 3 pick on his own.

The ankle injuries meant Lonzo had to get offseasons surgeries, which meant less time working in the gym developing his game.

Again, if Lonzo signing with BBB was a success for Lavar, why did Lonzo tell Lamelo to not sign with BBB? What kind of success story involves a father employing a con-artist who goes on to scam his son?

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
It's funny how people keep asking the question "how does a company make money if the podcast dosent do ads"? My question is " how to did Spotify make 8 or 9 figures just off joe's podcast"? Then my mind goes back to the question that I believe Joe FINALLY got the answer to "HOW much is a stream really worth? Which is what the conversation is really based off . The companies get way more form the creators than what the creators get off a stream . If Joe is lying about making spotify 8or9 figures just off his podcast alone with NO ADs then spotify NEEDS to come and say that he is lying about that.

I'm not surprised when I looked up and "cashapp" started to sponsor the "pull ups" I'm not surprised hey went and talked to a room full back creators out in california that worked at a company that build website for people. I also think down the line they will be a sponsor as well . I just think how knows something that many don't know ...and it rubs people the wrong way . The ad shyt to me is just a smoke screen it's other easy these companies bare making money and just not saying and I think Joe found HOW they do it .

I think the biggest difference between you and some of us is that you're taking Joe at his word. I've never, ever thought he was honest or credible. It's clear he likes to play mind games with people around him and his ego drives his words and actions. I think the double speak and verbal gymnastics he likes to play was entertaining when it was about double or nothing or beef with Cyhi. It's less entertaining when he's throwing Cyn or Tahiry under the bus when he's accused of being an abuser, or when he conflates fukking dogs and masturbating them.

I don't think it's possible to say Spotify has made 8 or 9 figures off the JBP. Spotify has definitely made a couple billion since Joe signed two years ago, but how many of those subscriptions can you attribute to the podcast? Nobody knows, not even Spotify. I think Spotify has the clearest idea, but not an exact number.

Daps
I think the biggest difference between you and some of us is that you're taking Joe at his word. I've never, ever thought he was honest or credible. It's clear he likes to play mind games with people around him and his ego drives his words and actions. I think the double speak and verbal gymnastics he likes to play was entertaining when it was about double or nothing or beef with Cyhi. It's less entertaining when he's throwing Cyn or Tahiry under the bus when he's accused of being an abuser, or when he conflates fukking dogs and masturbating them.

I don't think it's possible to say Spotify has made 8 or 9 figures off the JBP. Spotify has definitely made a couple billion since Joe signed two years ago, but how many of those subscriptions can you attribute to the podcast? Nobody knows, not even Spotify. I think Spotify has the clearest idea, but not an exact number.

NVM fam you got :beli:. If you don't think he is credible on this subject of HIS business dealing then there is nothing to be said . If you don't like him as a person then there is nothing to be said . It's okay for him to know to something that maybe Everybody else dosent know ...that includes ctha God . My point is there has to be something about HIM for him to be at that level were ...people are running smear campaign on him . It's a reason people want him "finished" . Like he said nothing that has happened in the past few weeks have ruined the business for the podcast ...in which Rory echoed . Joe will be fine . If people don't think beyond subscription and ads then there is nothing I can say . Im glad he didn't take whatever offer Spotify had on the table.

Homer Simpson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Demar was playing like Kawhi? :jbhmm: Or were they dubbed the "Trash Brothers" for a reason? :patrice: if anything Derozan played shook and Lowry just played stupidly

Lowry wasn't even that bad back then. He obviously had some struggles but he also had big games. DeRozan is inefficient and can't play D. People forgot that he got benched and OG Anunoby was hitting big shots back then.

blizzard man

Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!
Daps
Reppin
DC
His sons, most notably Lonzo and Lamelo, would've been in the spotlight regardless of their father because they were elite NBA prospects. And Lonzo would've made more money without his father because he would've taken the Nike deal initially and not gotten injured so much during to wearing shytty shoes (Lonzo said he literally had to switch out BBB shoes at halftime because the shoes were so poorly made). Lonzo might still be in LA if he didn't get so many ankle injuries fukking with inferior BBB sneakers. And of course, Lavar's business partner and right-hand man scammed him out of millions. There's no question Lavar failed Lonzo, or else Lamelo would've signed with BBB as well. There's no success there.

And Lebron killed the one-and-done rule for Bronny, not Lavar. Come on man.

Yeah it became clearer at the end that he values the podcast at 250 million, but that's not the offer he's looking for. Think of it like that show Shark Tank. When people go up at ask Mark Cuban and co. for $100,000 for 25 percent ownership in their company, it means they value the company at $400,000. So if Joe says he values the podcast at $250 million, that means he'd ask a potential investor for $75 million for 30 percent ownership, as an example.

Which begs my question of how the podcast is supposed to make that much money if Joe won't do ads.

I dont think bes against all ads, but he was against ads without proper revenue sharing? Vuz he talked about bringing his own ads as conpared to spotify just throwing them on willy.nilly and iving a random cut

So thats people an area where maybe they didnt wanna negotiate aa far as joe might have wanted to go.

I think joe is more concerned about high levels of control in all areas and wanting to be a partner in more than just name only. At least thats what i got from it all.

He really wants to know the value of a stream:ohhh:
:jbhmm:
And spotify ain't:yeshrug: tryna open up ans hand out that kinda data to joe

Who knows

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
  • I'm glad I listened...He absolutely said he don't hit women nor fukk dogs...yall buggin...now if I believe him is another thing.
  • Joe Budden is still a dubious character...he didn't completely address what Ak said on Twitch about him being two face in their negotiations.
  • Only reason I'm back to listen to JPP is this conversation is ghetto as shyt but it's important.
  • I'm not picking sides cuz all these nikkas shady