The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Too much smoke around this nikka for there not to be fire. I gave him the benefit of the doubt on the first couple rants about spotify and tahiry but this shyt starting to look spooky as the "smear campaign" continues. This last rant sounded like he starting to realize he taking a L for real.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Joe said the "so what if we did" later in the pod as well. The value of the offer matters because it gives insight into how much value Joe and his current business partners think the podcast has, and how much money future investors can make if they strike a deal with Joe. By Joe saying the value of the podcast is in the nine figures, one has to wonder how the podcast is generating revenue on that kinda level.

I never said anything about CTG being credible. But with all his credibility flaws, fair or not he's the one with the deal and positive headlines and Joe's the one getting dragged thru the mud.

Joe said that off of Mal's "so what if we did". I took the denial as just that, a denial. They all said it wasn't true. Also, Joe said anecdotally if Rogan got 300 million, JBP should get 75 :yeshrug:

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
They get paid by advertisements mostly. That’s the most common way podcasts get paid. If you get a decent amount of weekly downloads, advertisers will pay you nicely. Obviously the bigger the podcasts get, the more money they give you. These platforms don’t have the structure like music where you get paid for listens yet. That’s why Joe was saying the first couple of years they made nothing really. They ain’t make money until they started doing live shows and then Spotify deal. They did some ads but quickly stopped. They could’ve made a shyt load of money doing ads but he stopped doing it because he felt it hurt the quality of the show. It was a calculated risk to not do ads but it worked for them. I would not advise that though. Once your podcast is making noise, get that ad money.

You can either do advertisements, paid per purchase where advertisers pay you based off how much traffic you bring by using your promo codes and stuff like that, or you can put a premium subscription service like Patreon.

Then of course you can add merch and then live shows if your podcast really takes off.

Word :jbhmm:. Weird how folks can have HOURS of content on these DSPs and not necessarily get paid off the streams.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You fukkbois keep throwing the word c00ning around like its meaningless. I'm still waiting for anyone to point to a time where Joe was c00ning on the pod. He does plenty of fukkshyt, but he's yet to c00n.... :camby:
He was talking about Charlemagne

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL. Nope. He pivoted super hard after that charge popped up. He was getting "aware" but still ignorant.

That CHARGE made him flip completely.

He saw that mental health and anxiety hustle and started moving that dumbass book :mjlol:

He had a fukking book called "BLACK PRIVILEGE" :laff:

nikka you're a radio shock jock...tell us the top 8 at 8 and keep it moving :heh:
That aint the timeline

The rape shyt popped up at the end of 2018. Charlemagne did the mental health pivot long before that

Black Privilege came out in 2017

Charlemagne been pro black but the problem is y'all can't conceive that somebody can be pro black and a c00n/dumbass at the same time. I realized this with Kanye

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Word :jbhmm:. Weird how folks can have HOURS of content on these DSPs and not necessarily get paid off the streams.
Yep. That’s been Joe’s fight for years. His argument is a podcast keeps you on the DSP longer than any album would, so their should be a way they get paid off it. It’s really messed up.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Quick refresher of figures $ 100,000 to $ 999,999 is six figures, $ 1,000,000 to $ 9,999,999 is seven figures, $ 10,000,000 to $ 99,999,999 is eight figures, and finally $ 100,000,000 to $ 999,999,999 is nine figures.

Podcast wise as an aside everybody is talking about everybody and it’s human nature to minimize bad shyt you do and maximize bad shyt others do so we are hypocritical always. Mal said a bunch of flagrant shyt about The Breakfast Club before they were even invited on the show what the Breakfast Club does is very important because it’s not just New York it’s the whole country if not the world it’s important that they’ve been the institution that they have been from guests like Hilary to Black business owners to Erica Garner to dikk Gregory to people that help with repairing your credit score. Certain shyt shouldn’t be joked about because it weakens foundation for nothing.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
So I’m confused did Joe ask for 250 Ms or not? I have no issue with him asking, get your bread. But the first part of his rant he was laughing at Andrew Schultz for saying that’s what he asked for, but as his rant continued it came across like he did ask for it. He was even using the Lavar Ball sneakers as an example of people thinking you’re crazy for asking a lot for something you created.