The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
You don't listen to the show to be saying this

Every week them nikkas disagree with, roast and ridicule Joe. It's a running joke that Mal too cool to agree with them nikkas on anything. Joe and Rory yell at each other at least once a month

What I find funny is that every week there manages to be 2-3 "Y'all nikkas listen to this?:ld: how y'all listen to these nikkas twice a week?:ld:they aint even funny:ld:couldn't be me. Nope not me:ld:" nikkas in this thread:mjlol:

How y'all keep finding your way in here?:russ:
It's the nature of the Coli :heh:. Every show thread in the Film Room got 2 or 3 posters like that.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My girl told me to cut this coked up macho man randy savage hulk Hogan mega powers collide sounding ass nikka off!!!:camby:

From the Nore call about 1hr 10mins allllllll the way to sleepers was Joe sweating, screaming making no fukking sense... completely butt hurt that his life is in shambles (literally all his undoing too.. that glass houses shyt was the last straw.. like nikka cmon:mjlol:)

shyts fukkin embarrasing :mjlol:

Then you see all the budden stans praising these incoherent rants AGAIN :mjlol:

Throw in a few buzzwords and new phrases like "different corners of the club" and the dumbass creator n curator ppl are wet over all this ownership bullshyt.. ownership of a damn podcast. Oh wait...

Did I say...

A PODCAST THAT GENERATES 9 FIGURES BROTHER

NOW LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING DUUUUDE CHARLA ISNT 100% OWNER OF THE NETWORK SO HE AINT shyt

IF YOU SAY YOUR PRAYERS AND SLANDER CHARLA YOU TOO CAN BE BROKE WITH "MORALS" LIKE ME BROTHER

ALLLL MY LITTLE CREATORMANIACS

w_hjdY.gif

:dead:

oh I remember...there’s MANY instances of this

it was disgusting listening to him and mal connect damn near every black plight in this country the last few years to his little bullshyt with spotify

discussions like this make me realize it’s not even worth sticking around for the cheap laughs...it’s gonna get to the point where now I have no excuse listening to this shyt...I’m at the point where I’m pretty much listening out of forced habit smh

The bolded. So damn true. It legit turns my stomach when they do that.

Man, just because you're black, and the company you're negotiating with is mostly white, it doesn't mean that this is exclusively about devaluing and undermining black creators just because they won't give you what you want. In this case, it can be chalked up to Joe doing shytty business.

What's amazing is that this is textbook sociopathy. Breh has used the smokescreen of the value of content, exploitation of black culture, and corporate greed to mask the fact that he just plain wants more money than he's actually earned. Breh preaches the "know your worth" mantra, but seems to completely ignore that you actually need to KNOW what your worth is. You can't just pull a number out of nowhere without anything to back that up.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
:jbhmm: Question for y'all - how much does a podcaster get per play/stream? I'm not talking about folks w deals, but the folks that have a podcast they throw up on the streaming platforms once a week? Like, if I throw my show up on Stitcher or Google Podcasts :ld:
They get paid by advertisements mostly. That’s the most common way podcasts get paid. If you get a decent amount of weekly downloads, advertisers will pay you nicely. Obviously the bigger the podcasts get, the more money they give you. These platforms don’t have the structure like music where you get paid for listens yet. That’s why Joe was saying the first couple of years they made nothing really. They ain’t make money until they started doing live shows and then Spotify deal. They did some ads but quickly stopped. They could’ve made a shyt load of money doing ads but he stopped doing it because he felt it hurt the quality of the show. It was a calculated risk to not do ads but it worked for them. I would not advise that though. Once your podcast is making noise, get that ad money.

You can either do advertisements, paid per purchase where advertisers pay you based off how much traffic you bring by using your promo codes and stuff like that, or you can put a premium subscription service like Patreon.

Then of course you can add merch and then live shows if your podcast really takes off.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
So this dumbass nikka really did ask for $250 mil:russ:

Yeah, I got that too. He talked around denying it, but he didn't deny it outright. Mal did the same. And adding that he values the podcast at nine figures - which still makes no fukking sense whatsoever - lends to that rumor being true.

That whole rant was cringeworthy. First of all, you can't say the jerking off the dog thing isn't a big deal but start off the rant by playing the clip of Char talking about being high and getting his balls kicked by a bulldog. Joe seemed to get in the repetitive name of stating a criticism, telling that critic to STFU or call them idiots, and then explain in vagaries or not explain at all why the criticism was wrong.

The constant framing of himself as the valiant crusader working on behalf of "the creatives" is such a tired narrative. He sounds like a scammer talking like that. If you're not going to go into details then don't bring it up on the pod. And questioning why Big Baller Brand can't charge $500 but Louis Vuitton can charge a stack for a mask without much criticism is such a galactically stupid question I can't believe it wasn't edited out of the podcast. Just because you're into black ownership and carving out a space doesn't mean you get to ignore basic business sense. The only ones who get to ignore the basic rules of business are white men and the women who have sex with white men.

Daps
Yeah, I got that too. He talked around denying it, but he didn't deny it outright. Mal did the same. And adding that he values the podcast at nine figures - which still makes no fukking sense whatsoever - lends to that rumor being true.

That whole rant was cringeworthy. First of all, you can't say the jerking off the dog thing isn't a big deal but start off the rant by playing the clip of Char talking about being high and getting his balls kicked by a bulldog. Joe seemed to get in the repetitive name of stating a criticism, telling that critic to STFU or call them idiots, and then explain in vagaries or not explain at all why the criticism was wrong.

The constant framing of himself as the valiant crusader working on behalf of "the creatives" is such a tired narrative. He sounds like a scammer talking like that. If you're not going to go into details then don't bring it up on the pod. And questioning why Big Baller Brand can't charge $500 but Louis Vuitton can charge a stack for a mask without much criticism is such a galactically stupid question I can't believe it wasn't edited out of the podcast. Just because you're into black ownership and carving out a space doesn't mean you get to ignore basic business sense. The only ones who get to ignore the basic rules of business are white men and the women who have sex with white men.

Fans just making shyt up now. All four of them said they did not ask for 250mil. You literally hear the word, “No” when joe asks if they asked for it. And mal said, and what if we did ask, who cares!?

char also said Joe asked for 30% or complex when he was there. That wasn’t true either.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Fans just making shyt up now. All four of them said they did not ask for 250mil. You literally hear the word, “No” when joe asks if they asked for it. And mal said, and what if we did ask, who cares!?

char also said Joe asked for 30% or complex when he was there. That wasn’t true either.

Joe said the "so what if we did" later in the pod as well. The value of the offer matters because it gives insight into how much value Joe and his current business partners think the podcast has, and how much money future investors can make if they strike a deal with Joe. By Joe saying the value of the podcast is in the nine figures, one has to wonder how the podcast is generating revenue on that kinda level.

I never said anything about CTG being credible. But with all his credibility flaws, fair or not he's the one with the deal and positive headlines and Joe's the one getting dragged thru the mud.

Last edited:
Daps
Joe said our" podcast alone made spotify 9 figures "...let that man ISO at the top of the key :banderas::whew: ...wit no ADs lord :wow:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
If I had my own podcast, was planning on starting a podcast, or had a podcast in the past I might find 6-8+ hrs of podcast biz talk entertaining, but at this point I'm tapped out.
We may look Back and say episode 375 the Spotify rant was the worse thing to happen to this pod.

Maybe they can rebound but it’s been all bad since that episode