The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

brickflair

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Fam been going crazy in this thread. He's compared Joe to Kanye and Dave Chappelle :dead:
The Chappelle comparison is worse because Comedy Central owned the show from the jump

n the reason Dave walked away from the money is because during shooting for a 3rd season

sketch he felt as if the white people on set were laughin at him so he decided then that the

money isnt worth it which is far different than Joe owning his podcast from the jump n refusing

any offers to make the podcast more profitable when he joined Spotify because for the life of

me ion understand how taking 1-3 minutes of ad time an episode waters down the content,

thats jus arrogance from Joe because he thinks talkin bout ig hoes he been scoutin, PND n

dangerously incorrect takes on politics are the pinnacle of entertainment. I agree wit him not

giving out the rights to the show 100% but if u gon do that u gotta concede on another front

because if u dont spotify gains NOTHING from the partnership since hes operating on a free to

play model but he can still come out of this good but righ now hes lookin like an egotistical

sociopath who refuses to compromise :yeshrug:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I feel like Rory is DYING to jump in on these Joe rants, particularly today, but doesn’t because he feels it’s his place as a white dude and/or because it’s beef between Joe and Cthagod.

He stepped in when Joe started going into Cthagod’s contract specifics at like the 175 min mark, but you can tell he wants to correct Joe or counter his points where he’s calling everybody stupid or when he’s not giving major entities credit at all for helping a show or personality become as big as they are. It’s just unrealistic thinking in certain aspects because you simply can’t get that big on your own with no backing. If Joe wants to be a revolutionary, he’s not going to be able to do it alone.

Plus, Mal just giggles and backs Joe up on the slander with nothing to contribute, even if it’s off base, because Mal hates Cthagod personally.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel like Rory is DYING to jump in on these Joe rants, particularly today, but doesn’t because he feels it’s not his place as a white dude and/or because it’s beef between Joe and Cthagod.

He stepped in when Joe started going into Cthagod’s contract specifics at like the 175 min mark, but you can tell he wants to correct Joe or counter his points where he’s calling everybody stupid or when he’s not giving major entities credit at all for helping a show or personality become as big as they are. It’s just unrealistic thinking in certain aspects.

Plus, Mal just giggles and backs Joe up on the slander, even if it’s off base, because Mal hates Cthagod personally.

joe gets particularly nasty and belligerent when corrected...he’s done it to rory and mal several times on the show and then he just starts calling them “stupid” for not being able to “understand” how he haphazardly creates arguments and jumps around to different talking points...I could imagine sometimes it’s just not worth it to say anything

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Chappelle comparison is worse because Comedy Central owned the show from the jump

n the reason Dave walked away from the money is because during shooting for a 3rd season

sketch he felt as if the white people on set were laughin at him so he decided then that the

money isnt worth it which is far different than Joe owning his podcast from the jump n refusing

any offers to make the podcast more profitable when he joined Spotify because for the life of

me ion understand how taking 1-3 minutes of ad time an episode waters down the content,

thats jus arrogance from Joe because he thinks talkin bout ig hoes he been scoutin, PND n

dangerously incorrect takes on politics are the pinnacle of entertainment. I agree wit him not

giving out the rights to the show 100% but if u gon do that u gotta concede on another front

because if u dont spotify gains NOTHING from the partnership since hes operating on a free to

play model but he can still come out of this good but righ now hes lookin like an egotistical

sociopath who refuses to compromise :yeshrug:
You skipped over the fact dave Chappelle was making more money off the show then Comedy Central because of the dvd sales. Dave cleaned up off dvds and CC offered him 50 million but also so they can have a bigger slice of the DVD’s AND to have more control of the show they already owned. Dave has the creative rights and basically did whatever he wanted but they wanted to take over that aspect too. Add to that the sketches he was doing he wasn’t comfortable with how his Ike’s were being perceived also.

dave was in a unique circumstance

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
joe gets particularly nasty and belligerent when corrected...he’s done it to rory and mal several times on the show and then he just starts calling them “stupid” for not being able to “understand” how he haphazardly creates arguments and jumps around to different talking points...I could imagine sometimes it’s just not worth it to say anything
Yea I understand. I can hardly have convos with those types of people...just wanna hear themselves all day.

brickflair

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
You skipped over the fact dave Chappelle was making more money off the show then Comedy Central because of the dvd sales. Dave cleaned up off dvds and CC offered him 50 million but also so they can have a bigger slice of the DVD’s AND to have more control of the show they already owned. Dave has the creative rights and basically did whatever he wanted but they wanted to take over that aspect too. Add to that the sketches he was doing he wasn’t comfortable with how his Ike’s were being perceived also.

dave was in a unique circumstance
:ohhh: damn i aint kno that but yea makes even more sense he left but its still not comparable to Joe's situation

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
Joe basically calling charlamane deal the same as What def jam did to Scarface with def jam south deal lol

well give you a little more money..call this your division..go find some talent...and we as the parent company still get paid off your whatever you find and all ur work lol

just a fake sub division to make it seem like they for equality