The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Charlamagne broke that down perfect to me. It's one thing to look at raw revenue but then you get behind the scenes and see the money spent for marketing, legal fees, money split with partners to get the apps on different platforms. It's that Jay line about ow everybody wants to be a boss until it's time to pay the bills.

So Joe thinks he's bringing in hundreds of millions of dollars of revenue to spotify but can't explain exactly how he's doing that.

It goes back to the record label arguments. Yes they do rape artists but I don't think it's nearly as bad as most make sound considering all the money that it takes to run the big labels. But artists would just say I sold a million CDs at 10 a pop and say the record label made 10 million off of that which is far from true.

True. In fact, you can take the bug labels part out of it. It costs way more than people think to run a business, period. Even businesses that purposefully keep staffing small to maintain agility will tell you it takes a lot of people to be able to truly get anything done, and none of those people are working for free. So, yeah. A good portion of that $10 mil gross made off of those million copies sold was spoken for up front.

But if we're being honest, even if Spotify were to offer full disclosure on whatever metrics Joe wanted, what their revenue was off of his streams, and their overhead, he still wouldn't have been happy. He'd probably say them having such high cost of operation is their problem, and doesn't see how it affects his situation.

Again, I want Joe to get what he's looking for, and enjoy the podcast most of the time, but there are times where this guy argues shyt that anyone who's ever had to hold down a job for more than a couple of months has come to understand. :mjlol:

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Word. Joe’s trying to press Nore and sound smarter than him on this call asking about ad revenue and whatever else while laughing at him. It just comes off as tasteless, and makes him look like a bitter hater (per usual).

He is also the victim and a step ahead of the game throughout this podcast...per usual.
:yawn:
I haven't listened to this podcast in months but I read through the thread and checked out the part you're talking about. Even when Joe and Rory went on Nore's podcast a while ago, they were acting like a bunch of fakkits, grilling him about his numbers and trying to son him. Joe stays cool with Nore because he loves to run his mouth so it's easy to get intel and keep tabs on him, even though they're basically in competition. He really looks at him like a clown.

Even when they were talking about outside ad revenue and Joe said "So it's not written?" Nore couldn't hear him, so Joe just said "nevermind" and started chuckling. Passive aggressive hoe shyt.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
he was bustin shots at Charlemegayne's new network hahn :mjpls:

Has iHeart always been very pro-black? i just want to know if this is organic to that company

Last edited:

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This nikka Mal said 9/11 was definitely a "weird" time :russ:

nikka said his mom called him and told him a plane hit the towers..he went and took a shower and when he came out both Towers was down what FUKK is wrong with that man bruh is a Reptile

tenor.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Lmao @ joe believing he’s prof x in this situation.

Him calling NORE was hard to listen to. He basically called him up to ask him how much charlamagne is paying him for this deal. He’s so mad he beat him to the punch on this black podcast network.

Joes own co worker is a part of the network. That’s if state of the culture even comes back. Ebony got her own revolt show, own podcast and a bunch of other gigs and i know no one tuned in last season especially with those horrible quarantine episodes.

I dont think joe can beat charlamagne at this game.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I also think it’s funny that joe actually managed to make podcast beef a real thing. He’s beefin with like 5 different podcast and has a response to one of them every episode.
Thought him and joe were cool tho...because they’ve done a lot of shyt together