The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
True story. Joe keeps overlooking the fact that absolutely none of the people he admires jumped directly to saying they own everything. They got there by using partnerships and deals where they made money for themselves AND their partners to build capital, resources, and reputation to do their own thing. Joe is out here acting like he's trying to skip to the last part.

Joe done used a couple of buzzwords that people believe in (because, in fairness, they are valid issues) to overlook his bad business. Even if Spotify were his ideal company (black owned, small corporate structure, forthcoming with data), he STILL wasn't getting the deal he wanted out of them. Breh is out here proposing that he get eight to nine figures for a podcast with little to no way to generate revenue.
Charlamagne broke that down perfect to me. It's one thing to look at raw revenue but then you get behind the scenes and see the money spent for marketing, legal fees, money split with partners to get the apps on different platforms. It's that Jay line about ow everybody wants to be a boss until it's time to pay the bills.

So Joe thinks he's bringing in hundreds of millions of dollars of revenue to spotify but can't explain exactly how he's doing that.

It goes back to the record label arguments. Yes they do rape artists but I don't think it's nearly as bad as most make sound considering all the money that it takes to run the big labels. But artists would just say I sold a million CDs at 10 a pop and say the record label made 10 million off of that which is far from true.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
Yo

Joe is wilding

Smh

U can't be fukking up the money and shytting on your cohosts

Was he serious?
It was a slip. Parks mentioned there being footage of Joe touching dogs and Joe replied suck my dikk. I think it was just reactionary, as hes used to saying foul shyt to Rory and Mal and them laughing it off.

Certain friends you cant go that route with, the respect is different with Parks.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
It was a slip. Parks mentioned there being footage of Joe touching dogs and Joe replied suck my dikk. I think it was just reactionary, as hes used to saying foul shyt to Rory and Mal and them laughing it off.

Certain friends you cant go that route with, the respect is different with Parks.
Oh Parks don't take that?

*after the cameras are off

Parks: hey Joe, let's talk...

Out of all of them, Parks is the one who i would fukk with in real life

Seem like a good dude

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh ok so it wasn't nothing then

I didn’t hear this pod yet...just saying I’ve heard him speak like that to them before but it was always in a joking matter...like saying “shut up” with no real malice behind it