The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Rosenberg or Ebro don’t own that show. I don’t know if you think a black owned business is suppose to be all black folks in dashikis or something. A business can be black owned and be frequented by white people. A black persons can hire a white to work for him and as his manager. All that can happen and joe can still say it’s a black owned business because he is the creator and owner.

Naw, sorry I don’t agree. Because this is what Virgil (And be definition you) would be calling a black business.

virgil-abloh-off-white-2.jpg

Black owned business priority is to uplift, serve, and hire from within the community. Not blow up and put more white people in positions of power. It needs to prioritize black people in order to be considered a black business.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Naw, sorry I don’t agree. Because this is what Virgil (And be definition you) would be calling a black business.

virgil-abloh-off-white-2.jpg

Black owned business priority is to uplift, serve, and hire from within the community. Not blow up and put more white people in positions of power. It needs to prioritize black people in order to be considered a black business.
I don’t think it’s the easiest thing in the world to find 7 black dudes who are among the best art directors in the business who are willing to leave their current job to join a start up, in Milan.

A black owned business is just about having a black owner. Just cause a factory is fully Mexican or a hotel staff fully black, doesn’t mean that they are not white owned. People will hire people who make them the most money. Most of Joes partners and co-hosts are white, is it not a black business? If Mal leaves Joe is the only black person. Two white co-host, white manager and white business partner. The only reason for recruiting people who share your skin color is that you are more likely to know such people. Same reason why guys recruit guys.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don’t think it’s the easiest thing in the world to find 7 black dudes who are among the best art directors in the business who are willing to leave their current job to join a start up, in Milan.

A black owned business is just about having a black owner. Just cause a factory is fully Mexican or a hotel staff fully black, doesn’t mean that they are not white owned. People will hire people who make them the most money. Most of Joes partners and co-hosts are white, is it not a black business? If Mal leaves Joe is the only black person. Two white co-host, white manager and white business partners. The only reason for recruiting people who share your skin color is that you are more likely to know such people. Same reason why guys recruit guys.

If you’re patting yourself on the back for being a black business that employs mostly white or people outside the community it’s gonna come off as disingenuous. Being a black business isn’t your focus, making money is and that’s ok just don’t try to pander to us when you want sympathy because you aren’t being paid by another white business for your services.

This same sentiment applies to jada Pinkett and will smith, Monique, Gabrielle union and everyone else that had little to say on injustice or pay discrepancy amongst black people until it affected them. They always jump to black business issue to get us to march for them.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
If you’re patting yourself on the back for being a black business that employs mostly white or people outside the community it’s gonna come off as disingenuous. Being a black business isn’t your focus, making money is and that’s ok just don’t try to pander to us when you want sympathy because you aren’t being paid by another white business for your services.

This same sentiment applies to jada Pinkett and will smith, Monique, Gabrielle union and everyone else that had little to say on injustice or pay discrepancy amongst black people until it affected them. They always jump to black business issue to get us to march for them.

How did Gabrielle Union Monique and Jada Pinkett pander to the black community. At the end of the day their still black. Sounds like your saying if a celebrity hasn’t spoke up publicly addressing the pay discrepancy issue In Hollywood, Their no longer able to complain about discrimination and racism ? Are these black employers and owners who work with white people and do business with them unable to talk about the racism and discrimination they have faced ? That’s pandering ?

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Did Virgil say that off white was a black business? Don’t even know if he said it was black owned or American. It’s a fashion brand founded, owned, manufactured and based in Milan, Italy by a black man. Making it a black owned business, not a black business. “It’s an Italian business” for all I know.

Black business to me is like a local family restaurant. Something by and for a certain group. If it’s a larger business it’s black owned, Jewish owned etc. Really it depends on what you are talking about, an American company might not even employ anyone in America. A German business might only have a small corporate hq in Germany and everything else around the world. A lot of Gulf companies were fully ran by foreigners but they were still fully gulf owned and the board was fully gulf arabic.

So I wouldn’t mix ownership, country of origin or incorporation, who works there etc. all different things.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Did Virgil say that off white was a black business? Don’t even know if he said it was black owned or American. It’s a fashion brand founded, owned, manufactured and based in Milan, Italy by a black man. Making it a black owned business, not a black business. “It’s an Italian business” for all I know.

Black business to me is like a local family restaurant. Something by and for a certain group. If it’s a larger business it’s black owned, Jewish owned etc. Really it depends on what you are talking about, an American company might not even employ anyone in America. A German business might only have a small corporate hq in Germany and everything else around the world. A lot of Gulf companies were fully ran by foreigners but they were still fully gulf owned and the board was fully gulf arabic.

So I wouldn’t mix ownership, country of origin or incorporation, who works there etc. all different things.

That’s exactly what I’m saying though, being a black owned business and having a black business are two totally different things. By some people’s definition here Virgil’s off-white is a black business just because he’s a black owner but that’s not how I see it and if Virgil was to try and pull out the -insert high fashion label- won’t give a black business a chance we’d sideye him which is what joe is trying to do.

How did Gabrielle Union Monique and Jada Pinkett pander to the black community. At the end of the day their still black. Sounds like your saying if a celebrity hasn’t spoke up publicly addressing the pay discrepancy issue In Hollywood, Their no longer able to complain about discrimination and racism ? Are these black employers and owners who work with white people and do business with them unable to talk about the racism and discrimination they have faced ? That’s pandering ?

If you’re not willing to speak up when injustice is done for other people, especially those in your very industry when you have the power to do so, why should anyone speak up for you? Monique, tried to get us to boycott Netflix on the idea that her situation is a racial one, yet she would come back to same week a defend Roseanne a racist white woman.

Same thing with pinkett-smith’s and their silence on anything black up until the Oscar controversy when they were campaigning to get will an Oscar and telling us to boycott because of is exclusion. I mean do I need to go on?

Stop using black people as outrage labor for your own individual self gain.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
That’s exactly what I’m saying though, being a black owned business and having a black business are two totally different things. By some people’s definition here Virgil’s off-white is a black business just because he’s a black owner but that’s not how I see it and if Virgil was to try and pull out the -insert high fashion label- won’t give a black business a chance we’d sideye him which is what joe is trying to do.

If you’re not willing to speak up when injustice is done for other people, especially those in your very industry when you have the power to do so, why should anyone speak up for you? Monique, tried to get us to boycott Netflix on the idea that her situation is a racial one, yet she would come back to same week a defend Roseanne a racist white woman.

Same thing with pinkett-smith’s and their silence on anything black up until the Oscar controversy when they were campaigning to get will an Oscar and telling us to boycott because of is exclusion. I mean do I need to go on?

I get what your saying using black outrage for your gain when you didn't speak up before. Not sure how it relates to the Joe Budden pod considering he been speaking on Black issues since the Pod begun. I could understand if he and the pod ducked all black issues than all of a sudden was on some on we black shyt when he didn't get a deal or felt like he wasn't getting a fair shake. You making it seem like Joe is using the black plight to his advantage, in reality Joe is black and has been speaking on these issues for years. I also never heard Joe go on a crazy black business rant, or try to pat himself on the back for being a strictly black business or try to get black folks to go out an March for them. I've heard him speak on being a black man in the corporate world though. So on that point I do disagree, I understand the overall sentiment of your post though with certain athletes and celebrities.

Last edited:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps

His partners are basically Noah Simon, Ian Schwartzmann, Rory, Parks and Mal.

His team of 5, 4 are white, the other is his best friend.

He works for Comcast through Revolt and works for Viacom, used to work for Eminem and Paul Rosenberg.

Joe just talks shyt for the fukk of it, Dame I really believe, he's been the same since his early 20s although there's mad holes in his arguments and following his own talk too. Joe is an entertainer, he says shyt to entertain people and entertain their thoughts. Him trying to use his skin color when they signed Michelle Obama the same week is like when Monique cried when they gave Ava the biggest contract ever (not to mention Chapelle, Chris and them getting NBA salaries for a 1 hour show). It wouldn't surprise me if this whole thing is just entertainment, he knew he wouldn't sign cause he knew his demands where unprofitable for Spotify. So why not drag it out for a couple of weeks and create a ghost enemy, which doesn't respond.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Rosenberg or Ebro don’t own that show. I don’t know if you think a black owned business is suppose to be all black folks in dashikis or something. A business can be black owned and be frequented by white people. A black persons can hire a white to work for him and as his manager. All that can happen and joe can still say it’s a black owned business because he is the creator and owner.

it’s different when you’re branding you’re self as a black business as a way totally support behind your struggle

like @Gizmo_Duck said this black podcast ain’t doing shyt for black people

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

nailed it.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702

especially in Milan, where everything outside of fashion is trash. Milan is like the Detroit of italy with chicks practicing their runway walk everywhere

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
...just don’t try to pander to us when you want sympathy because you aren’t being paid by another white business for your services.

ya what he is saying sounds fly on paper but I remember him in particular literally not being able to keep a straight face during the 15 minute black history segments and just acting disgustingly immature on a daily basis for an entire month straight...absolutely not calling him a c00n or implying it but I don’t think this rant is coming from a sincere place at all