The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
it’s different when you’re branding you’re self as a black business as a way totally support behind your struggle

like @Gizmo_Duck said this black podcast ain’t doing shyt for black people
The black owned chicken shop ain’t doing chit for black people either so should we say fukk them and go to kfc. So black business must do something for black people to be recognized as a black owned business?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The black owned chicken shop ain’t doing chit for black people either so should we say fukk them and go to kfc. So black business must do something for black people to be recognized as a black owned business?
You comparing a food establishment to entertainment?

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Naw, sorry I don’t agree. Because this is what Virgil (And be definition you) would be calling a black business.

virgil-abloh-off-white-2.jpg

Black owned business priority is to uplift, serve, and hire from within the community. Not blow up and put more white people in positions of power. It needs to prioritize black people in order to be considered a black business.
I don’t know chit about Virgil or off white. But if the person that created off white and is in charge of off white is black Then it is a black owned business.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

If they are employing and serving a predominately black community they are doing something for black people. They are providing a service and paying taxes.

How is joe having a podcast on spotify the equivalent to a black owned and operated, family business?

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
If they are employing and serving a predominately black community they are doing something for black people. They are providing a service and paying taxes.

How is joe having a podcast on spotify the equivalent to a black owned and operated, family business?

How is Joe business not black owned? at the end of the day it's a black man sitting in those meetings with spotify, apple, barstool, its a black man sitting at the bank trying to get loans, its a black man that's trying to get capital, and network and make connections and shyt. It's a black mans name on the podcast and its a black mans brand.

Does rory or parks own the podcast? nikkas done changed the definition of black owned. You gotta serve a predominately black community now to be a black business owner? What if I sell yoga mats to white bytches am I not a black business owner anymore?

You gonna tell a black man that his business isnt black owned cause he hired and works with some white people, savon, mal and screen man are black do they not count?

Yall on some other shyt right now yo

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

it’s funny how easily nikkas understood this concept when it came to jay z and tidal with that notorious picture of him surrounded by a mostly white staff...now cats wanna play stupid tho lol

btw I’m not painting a direct correlation between jay z at tidal and the JBP but I understand what you’re saying tho about it being black-owned on a “superficial” level...this “fight” for “us” coming from him and this show given some of its content is just not plausible

Last edited:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Naw, sorry I don’t agree. Because this is what Virgil (And be definition you) would be calling a black business.

virgil-abloh-off-white-2.jpg

Black owned business priority is to uplift, serve, and hire from within the community. Not blow up and put more white people in positions of power. It needs to prioritize black people in order to be considered a black business.

It's still a black owned business, but virgil is a future Caucasian and his staff is all white so I get what you're saying

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
it’s funny how easily nikkas understood this concept when it came to jay z and tidal with that notorious picture of him surrounded by a mostly white staff...now cats wanna play stupid tho lol

Explain the concept to me, cause I wasn't there for it. So Jay z doesn't have a black owned business ?

eastside313

Superstar
Daps

I went. To a black owned buffalo wing joint the other day and it was 2 white people working in there and it’s not in a black neighborhood. That don’t change the fact that the boss is black. It’s his business. You want to pigeon hole black people as if they must do all their business with black folks and only hire black folks. That’s not reality. Blacks folks is out here doing big business bruh.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Explain the concept to me, cause I wasn't there for it. So Jay z doesn't have a black owned business ?

I edited my post before I read this question to avoid any confusion for whoever reads it...if/when you reread it and are still not certain what I’m getting to then there won’t be much for either of us to say

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I went. To a black owned buffalo wing joint the other day and it was 2 white people working in there and it’s not in a black neighborhood. That don’t change the fact that the boss is black. It’s his business. You want to pigeon hole black people as if they must do all their business with black folks and only hire black folks. That’s not reality. Blacks folks is out here doing big business bruh.

I’m not trying to pigeon hole or even hate on the idea of having others work for you. I’m just saying, those businesses are black in title only. If the greater goal is not serving black people you cannot pretend you’re fighting for us either. Every black person should strive to do whats best for them first and foremost but it’s shows you lack character when you now use the idea to get black people to fight for you.

It’s like some like candiace Owens claiming she’s fighting for black people when she’s done nothing but disparage us and marry outside her race. Sure she’s technically black, and she’s successful but that doesn’t mean her intention is to uplift black people.

Joe claiming he’s fighting for anyone but joe will always be funny to me.