The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
No they wouldn't. This is business. It's messy as fukk to negotiate or discuss specifics out in public. Companies never come out and get into specifics of their issues with talent or talk shyt about one of their acts. Especially because they could always end up working together so it would be silly to make that act look bad until they're gone somewhere else.

As far as the bonus I've said before that Joe's team never seems to be the greatest at picking up details. shyt Joe has said before that the music contracts were written to be as vague as possible. With him knowing that don't you think it's nuts for him to not have his shyt as detailed as possible so there was no wiggle room by Spotify considering his music business experience?

I disagree regarding the public negotiations in this case. If Joe is being earnest and he's all about ownership for creators, why wouldn't he detail everything he's experiencing? Why not mention that they welched on sharing analytics, changed the metric used for calculating whether they got a bonus, and welched on their raise?

Regarding more details in the contract, yes, that contract should have been more ironclad; however, they aren't honoring specifics of the contract, so what difference would that make?

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
from the last two pods it seems like he was had they agreed on the right deal structure. Like i said, salute to them for not falling for the okeydoke. But some shyt is not adding up. And it's also funny hearing them bytch about people talking about their business yet that's what happens when you choose to take your business and make it content. People consume the content and comment on it :yeshrug:

At the end, this feels like them creating hype for when they are out of the deal. And its working i guess. But i don't even think they are as emotionally invested as they pretend. It almost seems like theater.

Sure, if I own my shyt outright and you give me more paper, I'm sure most would agree to that. I do think they are adding some dramatics to the situation though.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Man, once i noticed it a while back it ruined serious pods. it's all you'll ever hear.
Him doing it isn’t as easy as saying stop it tho. I teach public speech and it comes from nervousness and uncomfortable. It’s a phobia that I over look cause everyone has some in public speech. Some just better at masking it

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude revealing private convos he had with Van Lathan :snoop:
Sour grapes from Joe because I'm sure he asked Van to let him produce his podcast. Joe can say he doesn't let the white man dictate how he moves but he's not oblivious to the fact he needs a network of podcasts if he wants that 9 figure bag. Even still nobody on the planet is giving you 9 figures without ownership unless you're Joe Rogan. If Joe is gonna maintain ownership while still getting a fukkton of money while not wanting ads he's gonna have to build his shyt like Bill Burr did with All Things Comedy and then come back in 5-10 years and get the super bag licensing deal.